Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, if people just don't want to work, you want to take care of them. How noble... or it would be, if your goal wasn't to have other people pay for it.
    That's just an empty lie. You're back to resorting to character attacks, to deflect from the pack of lies you tried to tell that are contradicted by literally any data anyone cares to glance at.

    You didn't think I knew you'd latch onto that sentence? That's the point. All of this is about pushing massive socialism, at the expense of other dudes.
    Oh noes, socialism.

    Fear the possibility that collective action could serve society's interests! OOoooOOooOoo!

    Jesus wept, get some talking points that weren't penned by a rabid McCarthy back in the 1950s.

    GDP doesn't matter, in this regard.
    . . . What?

    That's . . . the total productivity. Literally the one measure of the value produced by the nation's workforce. You just don't want to talk about it because it proves your imaginary fables to be false.

    The issue isn't that productivity is good, the issue is that people are simply living off the work of others, due to their own selfishness and laziness. You may not have an issue with this (because you want someone else to pay for it), but I do.
    So? This is the question you can't answer. You don't like it, because you prefer the alternative.

    And the alternative is to choose to watch people suffer and eventually die from preventable hardship. I get that the cruelty there is the point of your worldview, I really do.

    It's just not a convincing dystopia that anyone else is gonna want to back. As much as you try and make up stories about some hypothetical "victimhood" for the still-super-rich who might be marginally less super-rich if I got my dastardly way, you're arguing for actual pain and suffering by those most vulnerable. That's your stated goal. It isn't to boost productivity. It isn't to protect the nation's economy. It's just to hold up a magnifying glass and see how many ants you can burn to death.


  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'll take that as a yes.

    So, that means you support that "slavery" and are admitting to being the very "bootlicker" you claim me to be.

    Man, that signature of yours is getting more and more ironic.
    And your stance is clearly support the slave labor/wages or roll over and die. Not only do you not understand what Eat The Rich means, You also don't understand what a Bootlicker is if you are accusing me of being one.

    Edit: As for my emote its from BL2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's just an empty lie. You're back to resorting to character attacks, to deflect from the pack of lies you tried to tell that are contradicted by literally any data anyone cares to glance at.



    Oh noes, socialism.

    Fear the possibility that collective action could serve society's interests! OOoooOOooOoo!

    Jesus wept, get some talking points that weren't penned by a rabid McCarthy back in the 1950s.



    . . . What?

    That's . . . the total productivity. Literally the one measure of the value produced by the nation's workforce. You just don't want to talk about it because it proves your imaginary fables to be false.



    So? This is the question you can't answer. You don't like it, because you prefer the alternative.

    And the alternative is to choose to watch people suffer and eventually die from preventable hardship. I get that the cruelty there is the point of your worldview, I really do.

    It's just not a convincing dystopia that anyone else is gonna want to back. As much as you try and make up stories about some hypothetical "victimhood" for the still-super-rich who might be marginally less super-rich if I got my dastardly way, you're arguing for actual pain and suffering by those most vulnerable. That's your stated goal. It isn't to boost productivity. It isn't to protect the nation's economy. It's just to hold up a magnifying glass and see how many ants you can burn to death.
    The issue isn't total productivity, but who is bearing the burden of that productivity. If less people work, because society will simply cover them, then those workers have to produce more per man.

    My alternative is to make it well known that they need to be able to plan for the future, or they will be left to their own devices. It's no different than watching someone smoking 2 packs a day, while also doing heroin. At some point, I'm not going to want to keep paying their rent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And your stance is clearly support the slave labor/wages or roll over and die. Not only do you not understand what Eat The Rich means, You also don't understand what a Bootlicker is if you are accusing me of being one.

    Edit: As for my emote its from BL2.
    Don't you also support it?

    It would seem you're still gladly licking that boot, you just want to complain about how it tastes while demanding more boot.

    "Why is Bezos so evil!!! Man, I need to order some more shit, it's Prime Day!!!"

    My stance is one of personal responsibility, and accountability. Sure, it may seem heartless, but I'll gladly argue it's not more heartless than deciding to simply take money from others to pay for all the shit you want. People are under the illusion that socialism is gentle and generous, when it's every bit as selfish as they claim capitalism to be.

    You want to raise SS benefits... then expect some resistance. You ant to raise benefits, while putting the entirety of the new burden onto others... that's pure selfishness right there.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-09-03 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Don't you also support it?
    No I don't support it.

    My options are to eat or die and I choose eat. That doesn't mean I support the shit system the food came from. Believe it or not shit isn't as black and white as you make it.

    Once again you don't understand what the term Bootlicker means.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  5. #165
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue isn't total productivity, but who is bearing the burden of that productivity. If less people work, because society will simply cover them, then those workers have to produce more per man.
    That isn't how anything works and I've already provided the data that proves that isn't how it works.

    You're telling a fantasy story about an imaginary fairy land. You may as well tell me that the economy is run by Harry Potter by charming dragons into pooping gold coins.

    Additional data points proving you have no idea what you're talking about;
    https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...l-basic-income

    Flogging people doesn't get them to work jobs that don't exist.
    And giving people a basic income has had positive effects on employment, not suppressive ones. Even in the Mincome experiment here in Canada, the only reductions in employment were among students and young single parents, which was a net positive.

    My alternative is to make it well known that they need to be able to plan for the future, or they will be left to their own devices. It's no different than watching someone smoking 2 packs a day, while also doing heroin. At some point, I'm not going to want to keep paying their rent.
    Like I said; you're just describing the magnifying glass and how much you want to burn that particular ant. All you're expressing here is sadism, and it has no economic basis whatsoever.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-09-03 at 03:56 AM.


  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No I don't support it.

    My options are to eat or die and I choose eat. That doesn't mean I support the shit system the food came from. Believe it or not shit isn't as black and white as you make it.

    Once again you don't understand what the term Bootlicker means.
    That's quite literally supporting it. That's no different than Trump voters saying they don't support Trump. Sorry, mate. When you went on your fancy PC, and go to his website to buy shit, that's supporting him, and his company.

    If Bezos paid his employees more, he'd have to charge you more... and you'd be able to purchase less. My guess is, if he paid them enough, you'd find a cheaper place to shop, and would find someone who paid their employees less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's quite literally supporting it.
    So once again your stance is eat (support the current system) or die.

    Also my computer is far from fancy but I love all these jabs you keep trying to take at me. Yes I have internet, yes I have a computer, I also got a smart phone as well.

    Because guess what... POOR PEOPLE CAN HAVE THINGS TOO. If I was forced to live on my own I would have none of it and it all took me awhile (and selling some of my other shit) to get.

    But go ahead bootlicker keep making jabs at me, I've heard them all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That isn't how anything works and I've already provided the data that proves that isn't how it works.

    You're telling a fantasy story about an imaginary fairy land. You may as well tell me that the economy is run by Harry Potter by charming dragons into pooping gold coins.

    Additional data points proving you have no idea what you're talking about;
    https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...l-basic-income

    Flogging people doesn't get them to work jobs that don't exist.
    And giving people a basic income has had positive effects on employment, not suppressive ones. Even in the Mincome experiment here in Canada, the only reductions in employment were among students and young single parents, which was a net positive.



    Like I said; you're just describing the magnifying glass and how much you want to burn that particular ant. All you're expressing here is sadism, and it has no economic basis whatsoever.
    The problem with that study, is that they new there was an end, so they opted for stability, while simply gladly accepting the new paycheck.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/finl...ailure-2019-12

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47169549

    And not only that, those dollar amounts are considerably less than SS already is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So once again your stance is eat (support the current system) or die.

    Also my computer is far from fancy but I love all these jabs you keep trying to take at me. Yes I have internet, yes I have a computer, I also got a smart phone as well.

    Because guess what... POOR PEOPLE CAN HAVE THINGS TOO. If I was forced to live on my own I would have none of it and it all took me awhile (and selling some of my other shit) to get.

    But go ahead bootlicker keep making jabs at me, I've heard them all.
    No, my stance is that his business practice clearly doesn't bother you that much. You choose to use his business, because it's cheaper, and more convenient... which is how he got rich in the first place. That's like complaining about slavery in the South, while buying cotton rom slave plantations. It completely undermines your argument.

    You can have things, I fully support you buying anything you want, so long as you can afford it, and are saving money for retirement. I highly recommend you be more concerned about the latter. After all, insolvency is only 13 years away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  9. #169
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The problem with that study, is that they new there was an end, so they opted for stability, while simply gladly accepting the new paycheck
    This is you inventing excuses.

    Also, both articles were written in 2019. The results of the trial weren't published until 2020. https://www.kela.fi/web/en/news-arch...ntal-wellbeing

    While that's an article about the final report, that report's linked at the bottom if you read Finnish. It's dated in the file name, however, and was indeed published in 2020.

    Meanwhile, you have provided absolutely no data or evidence to back any of the nonsense you've tried to push, in your pursuit to see the elderly poor struggle and die.


  10. #170
    The experiment ended, and they released some information, with the final report coming later.

    https://phys.org/news/2021-06-finnis...mployment.html

    I desire to see people provide for themselves, without pushing more and more government creep onto how we live out lives.

    Now, my overarching argument against this is something you agree with, and that is that socialism isn't really something that can be implemented voluntarily right now. If people really are willing to keep on working, caring for others, then such a concept requires no force. If you genuinely believe that people can shoulder that burden, and keep on trucking along, taking the "will nots" along for the ride, then by all means, demonstrate it. Make SS entirely voluntary, and see who decided to opt in, and stick with you. You can call it what you like, charge what you like, and not even require people to actually pay in, if they don't want to.

    You and I both know how that would end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  11. #171
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,785
    I like that the argument now is he’s a complete piece of shit so everyone else has to be a complete piece of shit.

    Big fat projection.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  12. #172
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The experiment ended, and they released some information, with the final report coming later.

    https://phys.org/news/2021-06-finnis...mployment.html
    I really don't know where you, or anyone, got the impression that a basic income was meant to drive more employment. It's a straw man.

    I desire to see people provide for themselves, without pushing more and more government creep onto how we live out lives.
    If you really, really believed this, you wouldn't be supporting the measures you're talking about, because there is no possibility that they could ever produce that outcome.

    You're kicking out their support systems while providing nothing to replace them, with the intent that those who can't tread water will just drown.

    Now, my overarching argument against this is something you agree with, and that is that socialism isn't really something that can be implemented voluntarily right now.
    Where did you ever get the impression that I would agree with that giant pile of insufferably wrong bullshit? It's just the same '50s-era anti-Soviet propaganda. It has no basis in reality or modern political theory.

    If people really are willing to keep on working, caring for others, then such a concept requires no force. If you genuinely believe that people can shoulder that burden, and keep on trucking along, taking the "will nots" along for the ride, then by all means, demonstrate it. Make SS entirely voluntary, and see who decided to opt in, and stick with you. You can call it what you like, charge what you like, and not even require people to actually pay in, if they don't want to.

    You and I both know how that would end up.
    Why would I ever make things like that "voluntary"? That's abandoning the principle of rule of law, for no identifiable reason. It is, in fact, you attempting to force a concession out of me by hiding it.

    Not gonna happen. You can take that anarcho-capitalist rhetoric and stuff it. It's unworkable nonsense.

    Edit: Still at 0 actual evidence or data that backs anything you've claimed. You have nothing, and you know it, you're just not honest enough to admit it.


  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And your stance is clearly support the slave labor/wages or roll over and die. Not only do you not understand what Eat The Rich means, You also don't understand what a Bootlicker is if you are accusing me of being one. Edit: As for my emote its from BL2.
    As posted earlier; I suspect that one of the reasons some libertarians feel so frustrated is the inevitability that their golden idols will get shitcanned. One of the weaknesses libertarian ideology is a zero allowance for disasters/crises. Current pandemic is one example. Economies from most countries are going broke, and with inflation screwing most over only the biggest businesses and the rich are getting wealthier. It's no coincidence that a global tax system was agreed to last month. You can count on this trend to progress further. The only ones who are alarmed are red-state gopers and libertarians. But the longer this pandemic kills more gop voters, the more likely a blue wave will happen. And with other countries needing wealth there isn't any place for the 1 percenters to run. (I'm betting Elizabeth Warren is seeing this)

    American Families Plan is just a beginning.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I like that the argument now is he’s a complete piece of shit so everyone else has to be a complete piece of shit.

    Big fat projection.
    I noticed that with his posts as well; making the argument that everyone could help people but don't, because that's how people are. I don't think he even realises that's telling us so much more about him than it is about us.

    The Right and projection. A partnership that never gets tired of one another.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, we've seen it with out own eyes. We've seen in the Great Recession, where people went months and months, without getting back to work, Then, once those unemployment benefits ran out, they were suddenly employed.

    The simple fact is, the more people who don't produce, the heavier a burden it is on the rest of society. Sure, if 10% aren't pulling their weight, it means that the other 90% have an 11.1% increase in burden, on average. Now, that's a lot, but it's something that could be justified. In the case of the current state of things, (we have about 25% who are the "burden" so to speak. That increases our personal burden by 33.3%. By 2050, it's 2:1, and the burden is increased by 50%.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's not punishment to you, but how do you think they would feel? Did you even stop to take their view into consideration?

    - - - Updated - - -



    1%

    /10char

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, I'm saying you seem to have a self-defeating attitude, and so "Fuck it, it's hard" is the solution.

    I have no problem helping people who cannot help themselves. But, when people have decades to plan, I sympathy is going to dwindle.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Remember when 86% of the population supported gun control after kids were murdered?

    How'd that turn out?
    But you don't seem to care that the working class had their tax doubt led to pay for it in the 80s, when they were already struggling while the rich received tax cuts. But hey, let's ignore that taxes are the cover charge to live in this land of the free and thise at the top have been successfully avoiding paying their fair share while taking advantage of those without for a very long time.

    Also many weren't suddenly employed the moment their UE benefits dried up. But heaven forbid people want to work for livable wages instead of being indentured servants.

    JFC you are something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's just an empty lie. You're back to resorting to character attacks, to deflect from the pack of lies you tried to tell that are contradicted by literally any data anyone cares to glance at.



    Oh noes, socialism.

    Fear the possibility that collective action could serve society's interests! OOoooOOooOoo!

    Jesus wept, get some talking points that weren't penned by a rabid McCarthy back in the 1950s.



    . . . What?

    That's . . . the total productivity. Literally the one measure of the value produced by the nation's workforce. You just don't want to talk about it because it proves your imaginary fables to be false.



    So? This is the question you can't answer. You don't like it, because you prefer the alternative.

    And the alternative is to choose to watch people suffer and eventually die from preventable hardship. I get that the cruelty there is the point of your worldview, I really do.

    It's just not a convincing dystopia that anyone else is gonna want to back. As much as you try and make up stories about some hypothetical "victimhood" for the still-super-rich who might be marginally less super-rich if I got my dastardly way, you're arguing for actual pain and suffering by those most vulnerable. That's your stated goal. It isn't to boost productivity. It isn't to protect the nation's economy. It's just to hold up a magnifying glass and see how many ants you can burn to death.
    $10 says he's some guy living off the state who's also in a union just playing a character. Similarly to Orlong who was a union and government basher only to be revealed he was a public sector employee taking advantage of being in a union and the benefits they fought for him.

  16. #176
    Looking forward to the next time Machismo tries to shit on Trump supporters as though he has any credibility to do so, or is any different than them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    $10 says he's some guy living off the state who's also in a union just playing a character.
    IIRC, he's an older guy that's relatively well off.

    Can't remember if he's one of those muppets that claims to feed their family rice and beans for an average of $2 a meal all week or not, though.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really don't know where you, or anyone, got the impression that a basic income was meant to drive more employment. It's a straw man.



    If you really, really believed this, you wouldn't be supporting the measures you're talking about, because there is no possibility that they could ever produce that outcome.

    You're kicking out their support systems while providing nothing to replace them, with the intent that those who can't tread water will just drown.



    Where did you ever get the impression that I would agree with that giant pile of insufferably wrong bullshit? It's just the same '50s-era anti-Soviet propaganda. It has no basis in reality or modern political theory.



    Why would I ever make things like that "voluntary"? That's abandoning the principle of rule of law, for no identifiable reason. It is, in fact, you attempting to force a concession out of me by hiding it.

    Not gonna happen. You can take that anarcho-capitalist rhetoric and stuff it. It's unworkable nonsense.

    Edit: Still at 0 actual evidence or data that backs anything you've claimed. You have nothing, and you know it, you're just not honest enough to admit it.
    I never claimed that was the point of a UBI, you are the one pushing the UBI narrative. This was about Social Security.

    No, the point is that the government isn't needed to support them in that aspect in the first place. My point is that the goal should be to push for more personal responsibility.

    As for the point of it being voluntary, it goes against the argument that people will keep on chugging along, if you can simply coast, and get shit for free. If things like SS or a UBI were truly universal, and had no requirements, then more and more people would take advantage of the system as a whole. The fact that these things need to be forced, is the evidence. It forces people into compliance, because they know that it wouldn't survive it it was entirely voluntary. To put it bluntly the people making the money, and the people doing the work, would stop supporting the people who are providing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I never claimed that was the point of a UBI, you are the one pushing the UBI narrative. This was about Social Security.

    No, the point is that the government isn't needed to support them in that aspect in the first place. My point is that the goal should be to push for more personal responsibility.

    As for the point of it being voluntary, it goes against the argument that people will keep on chugging along, if you can simply coast, and get shit for free. If things like SS or a UBI were truly universal, and had no requirements, then more and more people would take advantage of the system as a whole. The fact that these things need to be forced, is the evidence. It forces people into compliance, because they know that it wouldn't survive it it was entirely voluntary. To put it bluntly the people making the money, and the people doing the work, would stop supporting the people who are providing nothing.
    So what you're telling us is that you would coast along if you weren't forced to do something to help society. You'd take advantage of the system. You'd stop working rather than risk supporting people that weren't working (for whatever reason). And because you think you're the centre of the universe, you're utterly convinced that everyone else thinks in the same self-serving, selfish way that you do.

    They don't. It's just you and a bunch of people like you. The good news is that the rest of us would still work even to support people like you, as you hypocritically sit back and coast. Because most people are just better than you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I noticed that with his posts as well; making the argument that everyone could help people but don't, because that's how people are. I don't think he even realises that's telling us so much more about him than it is about us.

    The Right and projection. A partnership that never gets tired of one another.
    It is how people are. The fact that these things are forced, shows that they wouldn't survive on their own... because people are self-serving assholes. If given a chance, there's enough outliers to make those systems unworkable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    But you don't seem to care that the working class had their tax doubt led to pay for it in the 80s, when they were already struggling while the rich received tax cuts. But hey, let's ignore that taxes are the cover charge to live in this land of the free and thise at the top have been successfully avoiding paying their fair share while taking advantage of those without for a very long time.

    Also many weren't suddenly employed the moment their UE benefits dried up. But heaven forbid people want to work for livable wages instead of being indentured servants.

    JFC you are something.

    - - - Updated - - -



    $10 says he's some guy living off the state who's also in a union just playing a character. Similarly to Orlong who was a union and government basher only to be revealed he was a public sector employee taking advantage of being in a union and the benefits they fought for him.
    And we're back to "fair share."

    The wealthy pay a higher percentage of their income than the rest of the country, on average. It's clearly not as much as you want, but they do pay more.

    The major issue, is that people want them to pay percentages of their wealth, and not their income. That's the danger that has been laid out, and why it is so fucking terrible. Arguing to jack up their income tax to what it was several years ago, that's at least reasonable. Sure, I may disagree with it, but at least it follows the known principles of progressive taxation based on income.

    The real problem is with plans like Elizabeth Warren's tax abomination. A 6% annual wealth tax is so overwhelmingly burdensome and harmful, it's difficult to even comprehend just how big of a catastrophe it would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Looking forward to the next time Machismo tries to shit on Trump supporters as though he has any credibility to do so, or is any different than them.

    - - - Updated - - -


    IIRC, he's an older guy that's relatively well off.

    Can't remember if he's one of those muppets that claims to feed their family rice and beans for an average of $2 a meal all week or not, though.
    I'm in my 40's, so fairly old. Yes, I live within my means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  20. #180
    Just raise the tax on the wealthy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •