Bluetooth Issue - Brydge W-Touch touchpad

Hey gang, I have a super weird issue and thought that maybe somebody here would have an idea that I haven't tried.

I picked up a Brydge W-Touch wireless bluetooth touchpad (SEE HERE) to use with my desktop. The bloody weird thing is that I simply cannot get my machine to connect to it. The Touchpad only shows up in my list of availble bluetooth connections some of the time, and any time I attempt to actually connect the thing it won't connect.

I've tested the touchpad out both on a Dell XPS 13 laptop and an iPad Pro, and it connects and works fine on each of them.

I've been using a Kensington trackball via bluetooth on my desktop for months, so I know that the bluetooth on my machine generally works.

For info: My build of Windows is up to date, my bluetooth drivers are up to date, and my system's motherboard is a an Aorus B450 Pro Wifi.

I've tried:

- Restarting the computer
    - Turning Bluetooth off and on again
    - Multiple restarts and pairings of the device
    - Unplugging all other peripherals
    - Completely shutting down the computer and unplugging it, waiting, and then trying again
    - Restoring Windows
    - I even tried booting into Linux (but I honestly wasn't expecting it to work there regardless)

I've contacted Brydge and am waiting to hear back, but I figured in the time being there might be somebody on the forums here with a brilliant idea I could try.

I had nothing but issues with my Brydge G-type keyboard that i got for my son's Chromebox. It had issues connecting to that Chromebox, my iPad, my MacBook Pro, etc.

It seems to be potential issue with the Bluetooth chipset that Brydge is using, 'cause i then had tons of issues when i picked up a used Brydge keyboard for my iPad. It had constant connection issues as well.

Which seems odd since they are rated so highly and ive had previous generations of Brydge stuff that were all great.

- - - Updated - - -

While its more expensive, you may want to just bite the bullet and get a MagicTrackpad 2 from Apple. Works in Windows just fine, and ive never had mine (gen 1 or 2) have a single connectivity issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've been using a Kensington trackball via bluetooth on my desktop for months, s
    Also.. my man.

'cause i love my ExpertMouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I had nothing but issues with my Brydge G-type keyboard that i got for my son's Chromebox. It had issues connecting to that Chromebox, my iPad, my MacBook Pro, etc.

It seems to be potential issue with the Bluetooth chipset that Brydge is using, 'cause i then had tons of issues when i picked up a used Brydge keyboard for my iPad. It had constant connection issues as well.

Which seems odd since they are rated so highly and ive had previous generations of Brydge stuff that were all great.
    Huh, well ain't that a kicker. The reviews I had seen were promising too. This may just be a case of seeing what info they get back to me with and unless it solves the problem straight off, returning the product. Since they're storefront is Amazon, this shouldn't be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

While its more expensive, you may want to just bite the bullet and get a MagicTrackpad 2 from Apple. Works in Windows just fine, and ive never had mine (gen 1 or 2) have a single connectivity issue.
    I actually didn't think you could use the Magictrackpad 2 on Windows. I never would have thought that Apple would provide a workable driver for it. I probably should have checked it out rather than assumed.

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. my man.

'cause i love my ExpertMouse.
    My Expert Trackball is the absolute best. The only thing I don't do with it is game (though if I were an RTS guy, I certainly would).

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I actually didn't think you could use the Magictrackpad 2 on Windows. I never would have thought that Apple would provide a workable driver for it. I probably should have checked it out rather than assumed.
    Well remember that until about a year ago, all Macs could be booted into Windows absurdly easily. The MagicTrackpad just uses the same driver that a MacBook Pro does for its built in trackpad (since its basically exactly that device just in a standalone package).

Ive never had an issue using my 1st gen MagicTrackpad in Windows, but i havent had to use my VM or boot into Windows with my gen 2 yet, but i cant imagine it wouldnt work. (i just got the Gen 2 like a week ago because the Gen 1 doesn't support a lot of stuff on iPadOS, and the Gen 2 does).

Super weird update: I decided to try a Bluteooth USB dongle to see what would happen. So I disable the on board bluetooth and plug the thing in. The W-Touch paired without a problem. Using it right now. Works okay, except the stupid thing goes to sleep and needs to be woken back up.

So I'm guessing that the buiilt in bluetooth on my motherboard is a little shit, except that my Kensington Trackball works flawlessly.

This is just incredibly strange.