Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But let's be rational about this, and not go "omg Alliance is like LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to play" and other nonsense like that.
    It kinda is though, because it's not like you can pick a guild like you go to a supermarket and pick a box of cereal. The guild also needs to choose you and accept you.

    And when the scene is sparse and most of the remaining guilds are extremely hermetic because these are the only ones who weathered the storm and refused to go horde, then it becomes a problem. The clique mentality is prevalent, the pressure to play fotm class is widespread even at the progression level where it theoretically shouldn't matter, the elitism is up the sky because who cares the guild has 300-400 world rank when they can say they're top 10 alliance within the region... There's the extreme village mentality where everyone knows everyone because these guilds are stuck on 1-2 servers on the region, play m+ with each other, boost with each other, etc. so there's tons of gossip, toxicity, shittalking behind each other backs, childish dick contests, and worst thing is if there's any new alliance guild on the scene the established guilds already circle like vultures and try to player poach which often ends with assassinating any attempt to create new alliance guilds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I personally wouldn't like to see cross-faction game-play.
    How to spot a Horde player.

  2. #82
    I'm sure players will rejoice when the pool of boosters increases and token sales break all time records

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I literally didn't say that.
    Let me point you to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    a service provider knowingly inviting customers to use their product that is not capable of providing what they advertise?
    You're the one who started the hyperbole, not me. Don't throw around accusations you yourself disprove with your words.

    It's entirely possible to raid on Alliance, even at the mythic level. You are not being denied "product", like you claim, just because you're Alliance.

  4. #84
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,952
    God I hope so. this would be fantastic for RPers and people who just want to play with their friends regardless of faction.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  5. #85
    On the fence. Started launch day as Alliance, left and came back for every expac, some i stayed for, some i didn't. Around when classic was coming i wanted to really mix it up and was going to play horde pvp ofc, so on retail in preparation for classic and get familiar with Horde (never played before) i went RP (new server) and Horde, fell in love with the Horde side. Rocked classic hard for a good year'ish and surprisingly returned to retail.

    Come SL, and 4 months in i had the option to join fam as they were playing again, but Alliance. Long short i'm now almost KH, and 5/10 Mythic.

    However at the time switching back to Alliance was bitter sweet, tbh i really didn't want to switch back to Alliance, the Horde is such a good vibe, gritty, it took some acclimating to adjust back to alliance.

    At that time i so wished i could have just stayed Horde and joined them. The two separate factions for me felt like two completely different games, new places, new, new, new, was like fresh start in a new game in comfy shoes, and that is a huge boon to the game for players. So yeah, on the fence over this one.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're pretending like there aren't ANY mythic guilds on Alliance. There are. There's everything there is on Horde, just less in number and slower in progression. That's not Blizzard being "incapable of providing what they advertise", that's you being hyperbolic because things aren't balanced.

    Don't get me wrong, I do also believe faction imbalance IS a problem. But let's be rational about this, and not go "omg Alliance is like LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to play" and other nonsense like that. It doesn't help anyone.
    Bruh. Let me point you to everything in bold.
    -Not pretending that. You literally added that to my post.
    -You should read that again.
    - I literally did not say that. You did.

    Which is why I will now point you to responding to this question. Why did you make up a quote that I didn't say to prove your take? You get you are exaggerating the truth of what I said? Whats the word for that? Oh yea and they are not capable of providing it, hence the thread.

  7. #87
    Alliance is much lower population on most servers. What does that actually mean?
    - Less mythic+ groups. Slower advancement through endgame.
    - Less raid guilds. Slower advancement through endgame.
    - Less casuals, so slower LFG queues. Slower advancement through casual PvE content too.
    - Most mobs are grey tagged by Horde out in the world. Slower advancement through solo content.
    - I don't PvP, but I imagine queuing is probably faster there.

    So what's left? Well, pet battles are pretty much unaffected.

    All faction restrictions should be removed in PvE content. If you're out in the world or in an instance fighting monsters, faction should be completely immaterial. It should only matter with War Mode on and in PvP.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Why did you make up a quote that I didn't say to prove your take?
    I didn't, I even directly quoted what I was responding to in the subsequent post - something you said, word for word. If you want more proof than that I can't help you. And if you don't understand why I mockingly used hyperbole to highlight the problem with you using hyperbole, I also can't help you.

    In any event, it seems clear at this point that the problem with faction imbalance is spilling over into the vast casual mass that Blizzard is very focused on. It's not an insurmountable problem as much as it is the PERCEPTION of an insurmountable problem (QED the above), which is what Blizzard usually means when they call something "a community problem". The implication being that since it originates in the community it also should be solved in the community; except of course it's not that easy, especially when there's little to no pressure on people to actually change things. Alliance may have a vested interest in remedying the situation, but for people on Horde, there is almost no reason that's compelling enough to abandon their faction. This will not be solved in the community if the only part of the community that's actually actively suffering is also the part who can't do anything to change the situation.

  9. #89
    ...............^ lol

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Honestly, a 3rd independent faction, even a neutral or neutral evil faction with some sort of agenda. Would be awesome to have a quest line allowing you to defect from the Alliance or Horde factions and join this faction, becoming hated and or KOS with them. I would love a different direction, allowing more races and possible class types in the game.
    But that would be even a further divide unless it was mandatory for all players regardless. Player issues exist with 2 factions a third will not help if they cant group with everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    There are clearly different problems if you can't find groups with a 50/50 distribution. If they fix the game and players start playing again there won't be a reason for this faction bullshit.
    Except its not 5050 more like 70 30

  11. #91
    I would like to see cross faction the story has been going that way for awhile anyways with leaders of both factions being taken away. I wouldnt be surprised if next expac we get a council over all of the azerothian races. you can still have warmode on and kill opposite faction

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Can you name a single expansion where the Horde and Alliance didn't end up working together?

    End of the day, lore is completely irrelevant to this, because they can write a justification for anything...as they've done over and over and over and over again every time major Horde and Alliance characters run up to a raid boss to exchange dialogue in /y together. More important is that it's an issue of the health and sustainability of the game.
    Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD. Legion was probably the first when we went to Argus and used the Draenai tech to team up and assault there. Prior to that, the 2 factions were always at odds and worked apart and/or against each other. They only worked with specific champion NPCs, not the faction as a whole.
    Vanilla: apart
    BC: apart
    WotLK: apart and against. We killed each other’s champions during ToC, and literally attacked each other during the airship battle.
    Cata: apart. Maybe you could count when we used the alliance gunship to drop onto Deathwing’s back, but this was mostly just Horde or Alliance helping specific NPCs.
    MoP: apart. Literally had separate assaults and minor differences depending on if playing Alli or Horde.
    WoD: apart. Just a faction being aided by Khadgar.
    Legion: apart for almost the entirety of the xpac.
    BfA: against for almost all of the xpac.
    SL: working together somewhat. The major players are seen to work together, such as Bolvar, Thrall, Jaina, etc, but the factions aren’t really shown working together. It’s mostly the champions and major NPCs shown to be working with the forces of the SL. Not much Horde or Alliance going on.

    All that aside, I think that it would be a good idea all around to just have factions merge. They don’t necessarily have to disappear. We can still have Horde and Alliance, but they are friendly with each other now, can team up in game for all activities. World and instance PvP can easily be explained with skirmishes to keep battle training going. World threats can literally be splinter cells that don’t agree with the factions working together, or even new factions like how the Scarlet Crusade exists.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2021-09-08 at 06:12 PM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it wouldn't surprise me if they implement it eventually, even if only for raids. possibly they'll make communities cross-faction to accommodate it
    Rift's solution worked. Factions could group up for group content, but if you flagged, you were auto-kicked from the group, and if in an instance, removed from it.

  14. #94
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    All that aside, I think that it would be a good idea all around to just have factions merge. They don’t necessarily have to disappear. We can still have Horde and Alliance, but they are friendly with each other now, can team up in game for all activities. World and instance PvP can easily be explained with skirmishes to keep battle training going. World threats can literally be splinter cells that don’t agree with the factions working together, or even new factions like how the Scarlet Crusade exists.
    They don't even have to be friendly and factions don't have to be written out of the story. You can keep tensions between the factions with occasional skirmishes and battles between, separate cities and leadership, while still allowing people to team up to defeat outside baddies. Horde and Alliance have figuratively grouped up to fight enemies before (basically every raid and dungeon in the past except BfD), with the story understanding was that both factions took part in taking down those threats just separately. The only reason difference needs to be that now we can join each other groups to do so rather than just understanding on an abstract level that both Horde and Alliance took down the Lich King. Factions can still stand apart for everything else, but there's no reason why we can't come together in a literal sense when it comes to defeating outside dangers.

    Like it's not even hard, but Blizzard has been ridiculously stubborn about it. Even if they did implement it soon -- and I am still very skeptical that they will -- it's years too late IMO. It's like sticking a bandaid on a gangrenous wound.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  15. #95
    I gave up in BfA.

    But there is always hope.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    But that would be even a further divide unless it was mandatory for all players regardless. Player issues exist with 2 factions a third will not help if they cant group with everyone.
    While 3 factions would make everything worse in PVE it would instantly solve queue length problems in PVP. As long as none of the three factions is more than 50%

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'd love to give you a rebuttal for this myself but I think Max did better than I ever could on his stream earlier today.
    There shouldn't be all this outcry about the cash shop. None of it is mandatory to play... I don't see them complaining about the cash shop in literally every phone game they have on their phone? Maybe they are and I'm just not aware of it. Blizzard is not wrong at all in trying to take advantage of this market segment. People just need to be less daft.

  18. #98
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All faction restrictions should be removed in PvE content. If you're out in the world or in an instance fighting monsters, faction should be completely immaterial. It should only matter with War Mode on and in PvP.
    Even in pvp, they could expand the mercenary mode to be part of the pvp UI for battlegrounds and arenas aren't split by faction anyway.

    Warmode would mostly stay the same i'd imagine.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    There shouldn't be all this outcry about the cash shop. None of it is mandatory to play... I don't see them complaining about the cash shop in literally every phone game they have on their phone? Maybe they are and I'm just not aware of it. Blizzard is not wrong at all in trying to take advantage of this market segment. People just need to be less daft.
    "It's Pay2Win!!!" they scream as they buy a job boost in FFXIV for $25.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  20. #100
    cross faction rivalry and hate is old, it lost its niche, before anyone says "its because of dwindling players" i highly doubt that, its more of a want to kill the barrier between players. right now every server is split because of faction and the playerbase feels smaller than it really is because of it. so why not get rid of the barrier and make servers feel as massive as they are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •