Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Yeah, because I've never had anyone call me from a foreign burner phone and then hang up so I would waste a lot of money if I called back. These things are easy to circumvent and when they fail to have their intended function Blizzard can lean back and say, "Hey, we did something!" Well, something other than hiring people who'd just deal with tickets about boosting services. Something that would work.
    What do suggest then? We physically go to Blizzard HQ with a govenrment approved ID to connect? Because anything else is hackable. Heck, even that is.

    The thing is making it harder/more expensive without bothering the player, and using an authenticator goes in that way: a normal player sees no difference, while the spammer is forced to get a new phone number is banned.

  2. #102
    HAHAHA, the "my sack"-change! Damned near spat my coke zero...

    Also, incoming new transmog set + pet. Good, gives the usual suspects more outrage fuel.
    You cannot in good conscience worship God, the Son and the Holy Spirit if you also worship Mammon. Capitalism is inherently evil.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well quite a lot of their gear looks and behaves like body paint so if this results in more armor being 3dimensional, I'm all for it.
    Nah I don't mean that. Did you see the new starting gear? That all looks like body paint but it covers toe to neck. I'm all for 3d gear though. But FFXIV has 3d gear and you can customize your character however you want. Meanwhile I expect every single peace of gear for WoW from now on to be nun clothes.(aka cover as much skin as possible)

  4. #104
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nah I don't mean that. Did you see the new starting gear? That all looks like body paint but it covers toe to neck. I'm all for 3d gear though. But FFXIV has 3d gear and you can customize your character however you want. Meanwhile I expect every single peace of gear for WoW from now on to be nun clothes.(aka cover as much skin as possible)
    The new starting gear was from 9.1 before any thing came out it’s look has nothing to do with the recent hubbub.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    It's a start. You can only be reminded of something, or even discuss it if the word or meaning exists in the first place. That's the whole concept of Newspeak. Change the meaning of a word and the concept becomes impossible to discuss. An example, if the word "revolution" had its definition changed to mean, "peaceful co-existence with the people in power," then revolutions, as we know them, would be impossible to talk about. The only alternative would be "rebel" and that carries a different meaning than "revolution."

    Simply by changing the name away from "Bros Before Ho-Ho-Hos people can read the achievement without being reminded of something misogynistic. And that's what sexism is, its just the least severe form of misogyny and still carries the exact same mechanics, just less extreme.
    Actually, no, it's not.
    Sexism is a discrimination based on sex. That means that your sex determines what you can and can't do.
    Misogyny is a type of sexism, because it also believes that women are inferior or bad compared to men.

    Misandry, for example, is another type of sexism opposite to misogyny: it believes that men are inferior or bad compared to men.

    We tend to associate sexism and misogyny because it's the most prevalent form of sexism in modern society, but misandry is also present (specially on some "feminist" circles).

  6. #106
    cool so now you join a random group and the spammer will just surprise spam you in chat

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you are offended over an achivement getting changed to be no longer sexist, then you are the snowflakes in this scenario, sorry.
    Since when is the word "sack" sexist?

    Definition= a large bag made of a strong material such as burlap, thick paper, or plastic, used for storing and carrying goods.

    I mean it literally is describing the size of the bag you are carrying your items in. I guess if you try hard enough you can find racism, sexism, bigotry etc in anything. I am glad I dont live my life looking for ways to be offended and before you say I am offended by you, I am not, just amazed that people can find fault in anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh come on, it's hardly a stretch to see how "My Sack is Gigantique" is a dirty joke about a male ballsack.
    Even if that is true, so what? How is that offensive?
    Strange world this is turning into, when the word sack triggers people but all of the other sexual fetishes and lifestyles we acknowledge in the world today are totally OK to talk about. We have a character who changes their sex in game, in their afterlife, yet "sack" is a no no. I just dont get the double standards.
    Last edited by Cyi; 2021-09-03 at 03:23 PM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Actually, no, it's not.
    Sexism is a discrimination based on sex. That means that your sex determines what you can and can't do.
    Misogyny is a type of sexism, because it also believes that women are inferior or bad compared to men.

    Misandry, for example, is another type of sexism opposite to misogyny: it believes that men are inferior or bad compared to men.

    We tend to associate sexism and misogyny because it's the most prevalent form of sexism in modern society, but misandry is also present (specially on some "feminist" circles).
    Just been reading through some of the posts this thread, assuming the post you quoted wasn't mis-typed this speaks far louder of the OP themself than it does the actual subject of sexism.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Another transmog set in shop? Noice
    Agreed! Overdue but glad.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhh I have to disagree there. I dont want to farm multiple expansions worth of dungeons for BIS
    You're looking at it as a 'need to farm X dungeons' perspective, which is fair. I'm looking at it as a 15 dungeon pool to enjoy playing, instead of 8. And retail has been getting less and less dungeons per expansion.

    As for your perspective, is it really like that? You need 16-17 items in BIS slots, from multiple sources (dungeons, raids, legendary, wtv). You'll still need to farm the same slots regardless? Is it that different having some extra dungeons in the mix?

  11. #111
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nah I don't mean that. Did you see the new starting gear? That all looks like body paint but it covers toe to neck. I'm all for 3d gear though. But FFXIV has 3d gear and you can customize your character however you want. Meanwhile I expect every single peace of gear for WoW from now on to be nun clothes.(aka cover as much skin as possible)
    I know what you mean. I understood. I'm just saying that with the body pain gear you can still pretend that it's really just that. Body paint. For me having 3d nun gear would be an improvement. I do agree FFXIV does this much better, but you know, small indy company and all that.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Translation (based on the subconscious thought process at work): I dislike that some things I saw as normal are now being called sexists. Sexism is something only bad people engage in and if since I said those things I'm now bad and I'm a good person so nothing I do can be bad. The definition is the real bad here!!!

    You're just a person who can make good or bad actions and often will do one while thinking it's the other. Good and bad are post hoc value judgments we attach to actions after we've decided to do them in order to make us doing them fit into our personal narrative.
    I can't understand how people think this dumb shit is sexist,yeah someone made a dick/scrotum joke ,oh my god think of the women and how they have to deal with this... w-w-what?

    how taking it out of the game is helping women in real life and the women who suffered at blizzard in anyway shape or form?

    It's like "hey that creep 40-50 year old superior of mine keeps grabbing my ass everytime i go near him and don't stop trying to get under my skirt, but now that company removed a scrotum joke on the game i'm working on everything is fine, i feel safe/vindicated"

    Excuse me WTF?
    Last edited by Miross; 2021-09-03 at 05:19 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It forces the association with a phone number, so they can ban the number too. So even if they buy a new account, they have to buy another phone number. That reduces the risk/reward ratio.

    - - - Updated - - -



    - The robe looks Elune-ish, probably a hint to the future. We already have the blue phoenix with elvish/elune-ish decoration, and the datamined text of a red phoenix that's probably a recolor. To me, that points to Elune and An'she, and this robe is just another thing that akes me believe it.

    - The banners are related to MDI. Probably a promo from watching the Tournament, with each level of the toy acquired reaching several milestones, like level 0 -> just connect to the twitch live channel, level 1 -> watch 1h of the tournament, etc.
    Looking at the sparkles and stuff around the robe, I'm kinda hoping it comes with an animation of some kind. You see a lot of that in other MMOs, would be cool to see it in WoW. You know, outside of shoulders.

  14. #114
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I know what you mean. I understood. I'm just saying that with the body pain gear you can still pretend that it's really just that. Body paint. For me having 3d nun gear would be an improvement. I do agree FFXIV does this much better, but you know, small indy company and all that.
    It makes it a lot easier when they don't have to manually adjust bespoke meshes for nearly two dozen different models with varied proportions and default poses.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    "My Storage is "Gigantique" Name changed from "My Sack is "Gigantique"" to "My Storage is "Gigantique"".
    Good lord ....... these changes...........................
    They also removed Danath Trollbane's "greenskin" insult in his Battle for Stromgarde dialogue with Eitrigg. They're really doing their best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    It's in my education. I always see things from all angles now, it's an automatic response. This means that even my surface takes will be a lot deeper than most other people's.
    This is some prime reddit shit.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-09-03 at 04:59 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They also removed Danath Trollbane's "greenskin" insult in his Battle for Stromgarde dialogue with Eitrigg. They're really doing their best.



    This is some prime reddit shit.
    i guess thats how you fight racism etc etc

  17. #117
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They also removed Danath Trollbane's "greenskin" insult in his Battle for Stromgarde dialogue with Eitrigg. They're really doing their best.
    The green skin thing is more likely then not a copy right issue with games workshop they have been taking down every thing from fan animations to model reviews in the last few months and blizzard has already had to change how they use groms name because of them.

    If they were looking to tone down racism it wouldn’t make any sense to just take our green skin and not go back to say mop and do a lot of rewriting.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The green skin thing is more likely then not a copy right issue with games workshop they have been taking down every thing from fan animations to model reviews in the last few months and blizzard has already had to change how they use groms name because of them.

    If they were looking to tone down racism it wouldn’t make any sense to just take our green skin and not go back to say mop and do a lot of rewriting.
    Odd. Unfortunate timing then, I guess.

    What's that bit about Grom's name? Can you elaborate?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  19. #119
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,170
    The only offense that people should feel is that caused by those who are okay and perpetuate this sort of stuff. They are effectively signaling their lack of maturity and their inability to recognize how this sort of measure is an insult to people's intelligence.

    Remember folks, when you're parading your offense at this sort of stuff, you're essentially saying you're too immature to handle it and expect other to cater and chaperone themselves around you.

    It used to be that offense was met with a question mark, as in, what's your point, as well as being laughed at for demanding the source of offense to give ground. Then again, this is 2021....

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Did you just get your thread closed because you QQ'd about it? Its pretty sad how offended some people are that blizzard removes such obvious sexist names.
    Hoes mad.
    10ch. Also yes I'm gladly taking the infraction for that. With utter gusto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •