Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, tokens are very tricky thing. They are so perfect idea, that players just can't do anything about them. They're essentially P2W, because you can buy things for real $$$, but devs justify them via "You don't buy gold from us - you buy it from other players, so it's essentially just trading with other players, while we provide secure platform for it and get our fee - RMT would happen anyway, so we just make it official".
    That's not what "P2W" is. Pay to win is when you can buy a full set of Sylvanas Mythic-level gear from the in-game shop for a special reduced price, or an Infinity+1 sword that can instantly kill opposing players/monsters with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah dude, you can see the strings that control the universe. Blizzard isn't offsetting inflation...they're trying to sell WoW tokens. That's why they added the Brutosaur! Duh. WoW tokens. Why think critically when you can just blame everything on the WoW token? Grrrrr... capitalism is so bad! Blizzard should give everybody a free Mythic Sylvanas carry, that's the only way they can prove to me they care about this community!
    Okay, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Okay, I guess?
    Sorry, was my glowing review of your conspiracy theory a bit too glossy for your taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Sorry, was my glowing review of your conspiracy theory a bit too glossy for your taste?
    You're giving yourself more credit than you deserve.

If WoW's virtual inflation was the reason why Blizzard bothered with making these changes, they wouldn't have raised the gold acquired through tokens fivefold since the end of WoD, but that somehow eluded your majestic perception.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-09-08 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Winning: having something that others don't have.
    Oh boy so if I have a hemmroid but no one else in my office does I win

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    How are any of those Pay 2 win? What are you winning?
    The term pay to win indicates someone gaining an ADVANTAGE, not "winning". People failing to understand this drive me up the wall, which is wierd, because I'm not in a vehicle, and not going up a wall at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The term pay to win indicates someone gaining an ADVANTAGE, not "winning". People failing to understand this drive me up the wall, which is wierd, because I'm not in a vehicle, and not going up a wall at all.
    Then they should say Pay 2 Advantage
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Only applies if they sell buffs/gear directly not if you have to use a middle man to get it
    Middle man or not, the result is the same. All officially sanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You can call it whatever you want. The term has evolved quite a lot since it got popularized. At this point it's arguing semantics and that's a sign one is out of arguments.

You seem confused - they are not usingthe incorrect term, the are using the right term, and using it correctly. Its just that some people are so desperate to claim no game they love could possibly be P2W that they hide behind the term "winning". Language, esspecially colloquial usage, is always evolving. Additionally, phrases and colloquial terms should not be broken down into literal definitions of each word, as that rarely refelcts the intended definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You seem confused - they are not usingthe incorrect term, the are using the right term, and using it correctly. Its just that some people are so desperate to claim no game they love could possibly be P2W that they hide behind the term "winning". Language, esspecially colloquial usage, is always evolving. Additionally, phrases and colloquial terms should not be broken down into literal definitions of each word, as that rarely refelcts the intended definition.
    The "always evolving" part of it is what makes the term useless since everyone uses it differently

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You can call it whatever you want. The term has evolved quite a lot since it got popularized. At this point it's arguing semantics and that's a sign one is out of arguments.
    I don't call it anything, the term has no meaning since everyone says it means something different.

Just like "toxic" has no meaning
    Just like "casual" has no meaning
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this will be another one of those "Sub for 6 months and get this thing" which they do now more than cash-shop mounts.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The "always evolving" part of it is what makes the term useless since everyone uses it differently

I don't call it anything, the term has no meaning since everyone says it means something different.

Just like "toxic" has no meaning
    Just like "casual" has no meaning
    They have meaning...

Toxic means they were mean to me
    Casual means they care or I care less about the game

So because of this everyone will always have a different meaning or level to the word so MMO Champion will be in a constant state of argumemt on what these and other words mean and why they are wrong

Shit we could consolidate the wow gen forum to 3 threads

What is casual/hardcore
    What is Toxic
    What is Pay to Win

The problem is the word advantage, it doesn't matter how much money I threw at wow atm. My main could not gain an advantage with that money. There isn't power it could buy. So is the game only P2W for some people? Id argue 'advantage' in the P2W definition refers to power that players would not otherwise be able to obtain unless they pay for it whether it be strict power or acquisition rates of something that directly relate to power IE monster summoning scrolls in gacha games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    They have meaning...

Toxic means they were mean to me
    Casual means they care or I care less about the game

So because of this everyone will always have a different meaning or level to the word so MMO Champion will be in a constant state of argumemt on what these and other words mean and why they are wrong

Shit we could consolidate the wow gen forum to 3 threads

What is casual/hardcore
    What is Toxic
    What is Pay to Win
    lol and if the forums were consolidated into those three topics they would never end as people went back and forth on whose meaning is right.
    The "what's casual" camp seems to be just two sides: Time vs Content difficulty. Am I a casual if I play wow 15 hours a day every day but only pet battle? What if I only play 6 hours a week but I get CE every tier?
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Whether it`s FFXIV or WoW, having a sub based game and an in game shop to sell cosmetics for real money is awful.
    The shop was quite handy for using services like faction change, gender change, server migration and so on.
    So... it's all right if the games sell things that can potentially alter your gameplay experience (Server/Faction change), but not okay when those sub-based games have a shop that sells things that often don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Can't we just bully people who buy it? Kick them from groups drive them out of lfg that kinda thing?

Send a message?
    You see how well that ended with the Warpstalker mount in TBC:C?

Makes me wanna use it just to piss off people like you. Come zooming into the zone in with the Fae Dragon TMog and the Sparkle Pony like "Sup? Problem?? Have fun waiting for another tank."
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

who cares? It keeps the sub prices down and lets the whales subsidize play for the rest of the population

lol and if the forums were consolidated into those three topics they would never end as people went back and forth on whose meaning is right.
    The "what's casual" camp seems to be just two sides: Time vs Content difficulty. Am I a casual if I play wow 15 hours a day every day but only pet battle? What if I only play 6 hours a week but I get CE every tier?
    They all have different meanings for different people and that's why things like "Blizzard needs to stop catering to the casuals" or "Blizzard needs to cut down on Toxicity" isn't such a cut and dry issue.

Hell to answer the hardcore vs casual it's either a complimentary or insulting term to say either they care more about the game than me or they care less about the game than me with context filling in the blanks

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing like buying full Mythic Sylvanas gear (including the bow) to stomp those dailies right guys? Right gals? R I G H T ? ! ?

Problem is, that hunter in full BIS level gear will get stomped into the ground by the experienced PVPer in a real PVP situation. Relying on gear to bruteforce will not work. That dude gonna be screaming at his monitor and breaking his RGB Keyboard in half when he gets GY camped by a single Ret Paladin with a pocket healy
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything