Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Is this where we pretend it's just a miraculous coincidence that almost all of the most popular boosting communities have Chinese names?
    You know I won't lie I never considered it but you have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    How much do you charge for runs, in terms of number of tokens needed and the average(ish) gold cost?
    15 untimed with no funnel is 200k about a token. A 14 the most common request is 170k

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Piss off with this bootlicking nonsense.

They're a billion dollar company. If they cant afford to keep the game running while providing players with content they want, then the onus is on Activision and their allotment of resources, not the players for not spending enough money ontop of their subs. For fuck's sake, people, how have we gotten to this point?
    you missed my point,im not defending blizzards actions,im saying how they complained about having to spend gold for tokens for the mount is silly,because they spend gold anyways in game,and the store mounts are actualy cheaper gold wise than many ingame mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    15 untimed with no funnel is 200k about a token. A 14 the most common request is 170k
    Why on earth would anyone pay 20 bucks for a +15 untimed? Do people really pay 20 bucks for the piddly chance of a single max lvl vault item? And why would most cheap out with a 14? oO

Jesus, I could be a billionaire if I don't even have to time dungeons..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why on earth would anyone pay 20 bucks for a +15 untimed? Do people really pay 20 bucks for the piddly chance of a single max lvl vault item? And why would most cheap out with a 14? oO

People do it to show it to other groups that they've done a +15 to get into other M+ groups to cheat the scoring system (or raider.io before Blizzard implemented their own) that's why. It's a catch-22: can't get into M+10-15 group without having the score, but can't get the score without getting into a M+10-15 group either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    People do it to show it to other groups that they've done a +15 to get into other M+ groups to cheat the scoring system (or raider.io before Blizzard implemented their own) that's why. It's a catch-22: can't get into M+10-15 group without having the score, but can't get the score without getting into a M+10-15 group either.
    The thing is you don't even get that much score if you don't time it, if you just have to slog through it then you can probably find plenty of groups at the end of the week. It's just flat out weird to me to drop 20 bucks for that. Though I guess technically 20 bucks for 4 people for half an hour of their time is kinda a shit wage as well. You are better of working normally..lol.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

21 pages of some MMOC thread…
    Meanwhile in Irvine, CA: „muhahahaha…“

The thing is you don't even get that much score if you don't time it, if you just have to slog through it then you can probably find plenty of groups at the end of the week. It's just flat out weird to me to drop 20 bucks for that. Though I guess technically 20 bucks for 4 people for half an hour of their time is kinda a shit wage as well. You are better of working normally..lol.
    True. I haven't played since Legion really so I'm totally out of the loop but does it still show up as completed? Because I remember people buying untimed runs just for it to say they completed up to that level back then when raider.io was big for Mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    True. I haven't played since Legion really so I'm totally out of the loop but does it still show up as completed? Because I remember people buying untimed runs just for it to say they completed up to that level back then when raider.io was big for Mythic+
    Since BfA there was a clear distinction between timed and not, that was also easily trackable via armory API. Since 9.1 it may be a bit more muddled if you just go by the ingame score, since an untimed dungeon gives score as well, but considerably less. Every dungeon in tyrannic and fortified weeks seperately count towards a total. If you just look at the total it might be less obvious, but it's still kinda weird. I'm not sure if pugs use the ingame score or rio though, as I don't flagellate myself by running pugs.

14s are more popular because they cost exactly a token without extra. I can only speak for one community but buying 14 boosts is roughly four times as popular then a 15 with them being less then a token rather then more.

It's a weird set up.. overall just breaking it down the carries for mythic plus break down to..

60% mythic 14
    15% mythic 15
    10% mythic 12
    15% mythic 0-10 ( usually all armor funnels bought in packs of 4 runs)

Sales seem to align mostly via the wow token.

It's a weird set up.. overall just breaking it down the carries for mythic plus break down to..

60% mythic 14
    15% mythic 15
    10% mythic 12
    15% mythic 0-10 ( usually all armor funnels bought in packs of 4 runs)

Sales seem to align mostly via the wow token.
    So.. is there a chance that if you buy an untimed run you might end up timing it anyway, or is that strictly out of the question? I'm really trying to understand why people would go that far (especially if it's related to token levels, which implies they paid the 20 bucks).

So.. is there a chance that if you buy an untimed run you might end up timing it anyway, or is that strictly out of the question? I'm really trying to understand why people would go that far (especially if it's related to token levels, which implies they paid the 20 bucks).
    Depends on the group... usually its timed regardless as they put people with the highest io together possible to ensure success. That said there are tiers of booster. 1800/1950/2150/2300 if I'm recalling right... would have to check when I'm off I dont have discord on my phone.

A majority of the buyers come from br realms.

Depends on the group... usually its timed regardless as they put people with the highest io together possible to ensure success. That said there are tiers of booster. 1800/1950/2150/2300 if I'm recalling right... would have to check when I'm off I dont have discord on my phone.

A majority of the buyers come from br realms.
    That kinda makes it worse, since they practically have to pay more for less there.

But I guess it makes sense if "untimed" means you might still time it with a reasonablly high chance. If you are at least somewhat competent, then you can at least use it to fill out some of your missing runs and end up with some added value or keystone mastery eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread sure ran out of steam
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    There must be a way to make it work without it affecting players too much. An example people aren't gonna like i know, but FF14 sells transmog in their cash shop and well as far as i know there does not seem to be outrage over it at all. Even when it sells full on level boosts and skips too. Granted, things are different in the east and how they treat their games but its the same in NAs FF14.
    That's only because FF14 players haven't gotten onto the hate bandwagon circlejerk that everything the company that runs the game does is done for some nefarious purpose not because they want to make a good game. Blizz and FF14 can do the same stuff and the former will be vilified for it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's only because FF14 players haven't gotten onto the hate bandwagon circlejerk that everything the company that runs the game does is done for some nefarious purpose not because they want to make a good game. Blizz and FF14 can do the same stuff and the former will be vilified for it.
    Yeah its almost like the mentality of the two companies and the state of both games are not the same and thus people react differently to the products. Also the fact of where the money for each shop goes.

But, you know, nuance and all that, who needs it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Yeah its almost like the mentality of the two companies and the state of both games are not the same and thus people react differently to the products. Also the fact of where the money for each shop goes.

But, you know, nuance and all that, who needs it?
    Yeah no. If you're a FF14 fan and criticise Blizzard for cash shop items you're a gigantic hypocrite. Especially since you can actually buy Blizzard's with gold which makes their cash shop way more user friendly.

Yeah no. If you're a FF14 fan and criticise Blizzard for cash shop items you're a gigantic hypocrite.
    Feel free to ignore any nuance of the argument all you want, that doesn't change the fact that the reasons people dislike the Warcraft shop and not the FF14 one matter.

Also I find it funny that disingenuous actors like yourself seem to think people are 100% okay with the FF14 shop. People are just less offended by it because, shocker, again the differences between SE & Blizzard, WoW & FF14, the items on each shop and where the money of the shop goes actually matters in the discussion.

I guess you can go to Mr. Gm or Taliesin and Evitel if you want to just blindly bitch about hypocrisies without context.

Quote Originally Posted by prazulsatlaret View Post
    Especially since you can actually buy Blizzard's with gold which makes their cash shop way more user friendly.
    The amount of people who use gold versus real money is laughably miniscule. And also ignores that you can pay for tokens or whatever with gold all you want, but real money is exchanged at some point in the acquisition and usage of every token.

So you're either delusional or lying.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-11-21 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Feel free to ignore any nuance of the argument all you want, that doesn't change the fact that the reasons people dislike the Warcraft shop and not the FF14 one matter.
    Nuance? No, it's not nuance. Just hypocrisy. Blizzard lets you buy their cash shop items with ingame currency. FF14 does not. Blizzard is a saint compared.

Quote Originally Posted by prazulsatlaret View Post
    Nuance? No, it's not nuance. Just hypocrisy. Blizzard lets you buy their cash shop items with ingame currency. FF14 does not. Blizzard is a saint compared.
    Oh you're not actually interested in a discussion.

I see, okay. I should have just looked at your post history before bothering. Goodbye.