Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    FF14 made a super awesome and rad game and isn't buckling atm nor selling power...

If blizzard made an amazing shadowlands only the usual crowd would be moaning atm.
    Uhhh hate to break it to the zealots but ff sells power too.

Wow- pay for token > sell > buy carry
    FF- swap to a different job >buy boost and collect gil > pay for carry.

The only difference is FF doesn't have an endgame past clearing the raida once in the first week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    WoW and 14 aren't even on my radar when FPS games and Path of Exile are getting away with being absolutely scummy. My energy complaining is better spent on those games.
    I kind of agree with this. The scummiest stuff WOW ever did was the TCG loot (loot boxes before loot boxes) and the stuff for Blizz-con IN-PERSON attendees ONLY. Wow has calmed way down since then. They removed a paid service and made it free on the barbershop. They add really cool in-game stuff all the time. Most mounts come in bundles with game-time now, which they did not before. In my opinion other Blizz titles don't have great monetization though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    WoW and 14 aren't even on my radar when FPS games and Path of Exile are getting away with being absolutely scummy. My energy complaining is better spent on those games.
    Those games are free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post

The only difference is FF doesn't have an endgame past clearing the raida once in the first week or two.
    Don't forget the FF version of the barbershop is a store item.

You have to farm currency by yourself to buy boost thats not p2w becouse you pujt effort into getting currency not money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    ONE of the helmets works for the Challenge Mode SET/WEAPON:

Wrong color so no it doesnt.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, I absolutely think that tokens are pretty much P2W and IMO denying it is silly. You can get boosted for gold all the way down to full mythic clear cutting edge. Heck, as previous season showed - paid Hall of Fame and unique raid title boost is not beyond reach with this whole Chinese guilds spinning off a little hustle on the side there. There is no more win that that really, it's pinnacle game achievements right there.

And you are not going to convince me that the guys that get a boost just went and picked some flowers, it's a total "c'mon man" thing.

Now for me the upside is that I earn my upkeep ingame by passively boosting with our guild boost runs, but overall this is unhealthy shit, IMO. Blizzard should find a way to clamp on it or it may go out of control like it already does in China.
    I always worked under p2w = paid for something you can't obtain in game under normal means. but you do you.

(side note these means items that increase power not cosmetic)
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-09-04 at 08:04 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I'd say it depends on how its balanced with what we're getting out of items that come with the regular game. Back when those first few transmog crowns or whatever came out from the shop, I had no problem with it, because we had tons and tons of cool armor that just came with the game. However, now there's no tier sets, (just one armor set per plate/mail/leather/cloth per raid). It just seems like they're taking more out of the base game, and putting it into cash shop things.

Blizzard really needs to put in more effort into their 'base game' features. It wasn't a perfect game, but Legion really gave us a ton of stuff with the game. Tier sets were still there, you had a cool campaign with each class, you had lots of mounts and pets and things like that. World quests were a newish thing. The mage tower was fun. Now it seems like there's less, not more. The cash shop stuff combined with less is a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Those games are free to play.
    So are most mobile games and they helped cause this war against monetization. If a mobile game is called out for being scummy, so should any other game on any other platform.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2021-09-05 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I always worked under p2w = paid for something you can't obtain in game under normal means. but you do you.
    Some people can't play wow at a normal level. Some people see this as poor players succeeding unfairly. I GAVE UP EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT TO RAID, ESPECIALLY MY SOCIAL LIFE AND HYGIENE, YOU SHOULD TOO! Sort of mentality.

Don't worry about the fact that this discounts the effort gold run sellers are putting in being tour guides. Don't worry about the fact that blizz runs the gold exchange and uses it to delete gold and monitor inflation in-game. Don't worry about the fact that people still pay thousands of dollars for decade old wow TCG loot cards. Don't worry about the fact that people used to buy and sell gold and accounts for real money before the token. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FACT THE MY FACEBOOK ADDS ARE STILL FULL OF WEBSITES SELLING RUNS OF RAIDS FOR 200+ DOLLARS. That reality doesn't matter. This one thing, wow token, that is the whole problem. It is in the communities fault. We would all still live in Eden had Blizz never tempted us to eat that apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    one day this will be the only content added in the game.
    Ever since the sparkly horse this has been the case, and yet we've had plenty of expansions and patches in the meantime. Any day now.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

You see no difference between buying the gold and earning the gil?

FF14 made a super awesome and rad game and isn't buckling atm nor selling power...
    are you SERIOUSLY telling me there is no such thing as boosting or items/currencies being sold for real money in FF14?
    bcs that seems untrue and incredibly naive...

and btw, wow is not selling power either, bliz is seling cosmetic items, OTHER PLAYERS are selling "power" as they did since vanila...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    one day this will be the only content added in the game.
    people said things like this since celestial steed, decade later, its still bullshit as it was back then...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Ever since the sparkly horse this has been the case, and yet we've had plenty of expansions and patches in the meantime. Any day now.
    beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    because they don't care
    seriously it's just transmog ??? why do you feel entitled to more visually striking xmogs ?
    it's a you problem
    and the fact that you made a post about it and saying everyone needs to protest says alot about how empty your life is that you get an itch over a paid money xmog in a game, idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    are you SERIOUSLY telling me there is no such thing as boosting or items/currencies being sold for real money in FF14?
    bcs that seems incredibly naive...

and btw, wow is not selling power either, bliz is seling cosmetic items, OTHER PLAYERS are selling "power" as they did since vanila...

- - - Updated - - -

people said things like this since celestial steed, decade later, its still bullshit as it was back then...
    Yes they are but they not legal and you will get banned for it. Just becouse people buy ilegaly currencoies and boosts doesnt make game p2w. When compay start supporing p2w and boosting than you have p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    If you think the WoW store is bad you should see he FFXIV Mogstation, WHOOOOAAA BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    bcs that seems untrue and incredibly naive...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

beat me to it
    People are cheating and breaking tos so its the same as a company endorsing it...

Im not sure if your a hypocrite or just...

People are cheating and breaking tos so its the same as a company endorsing it...
    unless they literaly ban anyone who even mentions any real money transaction ingame, yes, its pretty much the same, only difference is blizz is making some profit of it, and made it a lot safer at the same time...

before token blizzard never gave a fuck about people selling items/gold/boosts, they only cared about chinese scammers

i dont mind it really, more cosmetic stuff the better and sometimes its neat to buy from a store aswell (like FF14), only downside is that wow is more on the expensive side of things.

Im not sure if your a hypocrite or just...
    Definately. I mean, they've even got GMs and blizz developers helping! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i dont mind it really, more cosmetic stuff the better and sometimes its neat to buy from a store aswell (like FF14), only downside is that wow is more on the expensive side of things.
    well afaik FF14 have much more items on shop, so in total its probably much more expensive
    and you can earn anything on blizz shop by playing the game, the subscription and game itself included if you know how