Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Afaik the 6-month stuff is added to the store at a smaller price, AND available for gold purchase. No FOMO.
    The fomo was in relation to magetower-like things. It just forces people to subscribe now and do it with every character that they might ever want to play or miss out on it forever.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    I dont even know what transmog set you guys are talking about? the sprite darter one? was something new announced?
    One of the bundle pics has a new armor set. Stands to reason they'll add one soon since it's been a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The fomo was in relation to magetower-like things. It just forces people to subscribe now and do it with every character that they might ever want to play or miss out on it forever.
    I'm thinking more "seasonal" shit. Mage Tower was around long enough that anyone wanting it should've obtained it just fine.

Also, systems they add that puts players perpetually behind if they don't play non-stop. There's catch-up, but I'm a veteran of 11 years and I'm feeling overhwelmed after being away from the game for 2 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the cash shop far more egregious in FF14. I'm not sure I've seen you rip that game apart for being a sub based, B2P game, with a million more options of stuff to buy in their cash shop?
    I have. Hard to have a conversation about FFXIV double dipping with its cash shop on any other site besides this forum because that fandom grew up with microtransactions and takes them for granted. Even on this site, you have people defending the cash shop, saying "the proceeds help fund development of the game!" when FFXIV already makes hundreds of millions every month off of box purchases and subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    WoW's fandom is older and remembers a time when games weren't microtransaction heavy. Horse armor DLC for Oblivion and the horse mount being added in Wrath caused an uproar but the newer generation doesn't remember that. They grew up with microtransactions being acceptable and don't think anymore of it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-09-04 at 05:14 PM.

This is just the industry, WoW's subscription has helped keep the most egregious stuff out but everybody knows at this point the subs are down and blizz already was sweetening the deal with time gated cosmetics for 6-12month subs and for expansions , the one outfit is from the last 6 month sub deal, I'd rather pay for a cosmetic outfit than have to lock in 6 months of gametime i might not use. I'd actually love more cross character/class sets added to the game for completing normal content but they're ultimately going to follow industry trends

considering that classes, storytelling, game mechanics & content is possibly worse than ever the transmog store is the lesser of fires atm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    OP, and others agreeing with him and people who have made threads like this before, I have a genuine question for you: why the fuck do you care what other people spend their money on?

They're preparing for the game to go b2p

After they added p2w with applause it seems a bit pointless to complain now. Thousands of boosts are bought a week and trade chat and lfg are overrun to being near useless with ads.

People complaining about transmog are fighting a war that has already been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    They're preparing for the game to go b2p
    FFXI is still p2p, have cash shop and older than WoW )

You seriously want Blizz to remove transmog from shop when game is full of p2w for like 3x expansions and Blizz didnt do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    FFXI is still p2p, have cash shop and older than WoW )
    well ffxi bad! wow gut!

they would never do dis to us right guyz? ...right?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    How are people ok with this?
    I simply dont care about cashshop stuff or transmogs. If ppl want this stuff, let them buy it. Good for the game, increases the chance of future content that might fit my preferences better than cosmetics.
    If ppl dont want cashshop stuff, they wont buy it. No one is forced to buy stuff there.
    But if you ask me, they can add 10 new tmog items per month. There will be enough ppl buying them. This means more profit for blizz, and some more ressources for game development.

As mentioned before, ppl who dislike the cashshop stuff, just dont buy it, it wont change your game

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    I dont even know what transmog set you guys are talking about? the sprite darter one? was something new announced?
    It looks like there might be a new outfit that comes with the sparkle pony in that datamined image. Honestly, I am not worried until you have to use premium currency to transmog. Some games do that and wow very much could. It's funny how people talk about how great of a deal ff14 is and you only get 1 free character re-customization. The wow barbershop is free. Gender-change used to cost cash but it became free in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    Most people are not okay with it, other than the usual suspects like real life andy who can only play for 34 seconds per week and some pet and transmog farmer who dont even know how the game works.

But its never going away even if every player was against it. Blizzard not only dont give a shit about their players but it seems they are fighting against their playerbase.
    People need to realize that the game developer from gamers for gamers is dead and its all about making the most money now.

This is a fight against windmills. Dont waste your energy trying to change a crooked company.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    You seriously want Blizz to remove transmog from shop when game is full of p2w for like 3x expansions and Blizz didnt do anything with it.
    A lot of players honestly don't care about p2w a lot grew up with it. They do care about cosmetics though so it ruffles their feathers. So long as p2w is a two step process they won't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have. Hard to have a conversation about FFXIV double dipping with its cash shop on any other site besides this forum because that fandom grew up with microtransactions and takes them for granted. Even on this site, you have people defending the cash shop, saying "the proceeds help fund development of the game!" when FFXIV already makes hundreds of millions every month off of box purchases and subscriptions.
    Like I said I wanted to make sure. I don't really read any FF14 stuffs to have known. I know plenty how decry one but ignore the other.

WoW and 14 aren't even on my radar when FPS games and Path of Exile are getting away with being absolutely scummy. My energy complaining is better spent on those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Don't buy it? Who gives a shit.
    Hi

That's it? One grey mog set? The game has literal thousands of mogs and hundreds of great ones. I don't much care if 0.1% of them are in the cash shop, and they're really not to my tastes anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    You talking about the gawdy helmets that have been around for like a decade that don't match anything and the silly fairly pajamas? I honestly have no idea what this post is about...
    ONE of the helmets works for the Challenge Mode SET/WEAPON:

-