Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yep, i love how some people compare wow to "Greedy mobile phone game" yet, FFXIV shop is EXACTLY as mobile phone gets money - crapload of CHEAP items, bcs people will go "eh its just few euro/dollars" and before they know it they spent hundreds

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, this forum have new rules:
    1. wow always bad, ff always good
    2. blame everything on token, even things that happened decade before it
    3. blizzard is bad company bcs they want MONEY, unlike other gaming companies who do it all for free just to see us smile...

Its amazing. Final fantasy was literally selling "story skip potions" last time I played because they knew it was terrible and they forced you to replaying all of the boring fetch quest content for 100 hours before you could get to the new expansion stuff. Not to mention their cash shop is even worse than WoW. Take a look for yourself.

https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/

For the record, I am not hating on Final Fantasy. I didn't care when WoW started selling stuff years ago. I dont care they sell some stuff now. I dont care Final Fantasy sells stuff. I simply love reading the hypocrisy and the mental gymnastics people go through trying to prove Blizzard is the devil and SE does no wrong. Absolutely love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Get used to it. As more people quit retail for good expect more shit to be added to the cash shop for the whales to keep their profits up.
    Basically this. Its just World of Whalecraft at this point with close to F2P levels of cash-shop. Its gonna be even funnier a bit down the road when they start to dip into more player power & progression with the cash purchases. You didn't like that you have to re-grind the entire fake new power system of the expansion on the second alt ? Great news! For only $29.99 you can get an anime power acquisition buff so you can catch up faster and play with your friends !

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    My favorite part about the cash shop was how myself and many others warned of the dangers of allowing such a thing to exist and were mocked for it at the time.
    People really enjoyed screaming "SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY" at us, but uh... here we are in a world where you can literally spend real life money in order to get carried through the hardest content in the game, all of which is officially sanctioned by Blizzard

Mocked for it, yeah right. Literally everyone with an IQ north of 20 knew more MTX was going to come with time. I am honestly surprised there hasn't been a lot more over the years. Predicting the sun is going to rise doesn't make you a prophet. Just look at literally any game of the last 10+ years. MTX is the norm, not the exception. You can hate MTX as a whole, many people do, but recognize its not specific to Blizzard. I choose to ignore them because I know its inevitable. Getting mad about it is a complete waste of your time and energy.

Also, people were buying carries through the "hardest content in the game" many, many years before the WoW token was ever even thought at the Blizz headquarters. The only thing the WoW token does is legalize it so the people that refuse to break the rules can do it too. Also stops people from going to shady 3rd party websites and getting their accounts compromised.

Your not going to buy a world first kill. Or MDI. Or AWC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Curious, how do you know? I would say there was a ton of it... More now? Sure, but it wasn't a rare thing back then. I don't really have anything to back it up with, hence I'm curious if you do.
    Would a lot more I mean so much more buy a token safely from Blizzard or before it search through a million scam sites that steal your money , person info, wow account and risk you getting banned and also decide to take that risk again and again ? What kind of pathetic bad faith logic spin are you trying? How can you even imply its not an astronomic difference between how many bought gold before token and in token days ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    My favorite part about the cash shop was how myself and many others warned of the dangers of allowing such a thing to exist and were mocked for it at the time.
    And still happens , the shills will continue to shill anything Blizzard does. They defend every horrible design decision every ghoulish greedy cash-shop thing and even the sexual harassment culture of that workplace crying hard to think of the interns and never try to boycott their cancerous asses. They should get mental health checks at this point. Its some very unhealthy levels of delusion / obsession.

I personally don’t care about cosmetics or mounts on the shop much. Is it shitty in a box+sub to play game? Yes, but it’s not that big of a deal and people that buy the shit look like idiots in game anyway to me.

And if they really want to throw their money away on it to make them happy, who am I stop them.

The real uproar should be about the paid services. Stuff people actually need to play the game how they want and costs them essentially nothing to do, yet they charge premium prices for. It’s ethically not right. Genuinely.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-06 at 09:49 AM.

Honestly isnt a big deal even FF has xmog there but what bothers me is that the °quality° is superior of stuff we get in game or that FF gives xmog for 5minute events meanwhile WoW no.

10+ Year Old Account
    cosmetics in the shop are ok, we just need more cosmetics in game without extra buying
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Obviously, but haven't you gotten the memo? Since their streaming gods started playing FFIV this is a bash-wow-for-everything and praise-ffiv-no-matter-the-hypocrisy forum.
    I don't care about streamers.

Maybe i missed something... but what transmogs exactly?

The shitty costumes? Yeti and butterfly?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh?werent the transmog helms only recently removed?
    They were recently removed, but Blizz didn't dare to try the idea again for years.

But now it looks like they have gotten over the trauma and all the best armor, just like the best mounts, will be sold in the cash shop instead of earned trough gameplay.

(And anyone trying to reply with words "WoW" and "Token" can fuck right off. Boosting ain't gameplay they should encourage. And I say this as someone who has earned millions from it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Maybe i missed something... but what transmogs exactly?

The shitty costumes? Yeti and butterfly?
    New transmog set will be added to the store in 9.1.5. It was revealed in datamining in form of storw promotion pictures:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    And still happens , the shills will continue to shill anything Blizzard does. They defend every horrible design decision every ghoulish greedy cash-shop thing and even the sexual harassment culture of that workplace crying hard to think of the interns and never try to boycott their cancerous asses. They should get mental health checks at this point. Its some very unhealthy levels of delusion / obsession.
    Copium is one hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

But now it looks like they have gotten over the trauma and all the best armor, just like the best mounts, will be sold in the cash shop instead of earned trough gameplay.
    Is this even a thing? I have a few store mounts as i got gifted a few for my birthday's e.t.c. and more recently got a few more due to being subbed for 6 months. But i hardly ever, if at all, use them. I don't regard the store mounts as best at all. Sure some look nice, but in the end in general i use mounts i actually earned in game one way or the other. I don't see store mounts as the 'best' mounts at all tbh. Same would be the thing for armor i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Is this even a thing? I have a few store mounts as i got gifted a few for my birthday's e.t.c. and more recently got a few more due to being subbed for 6 months. But i hardly ever, if at all, use them. I don't regard the store mounts as best at all. Sure some look nice, but in the end in general i use mounts i actually earned in game one way or the other. I don't see store mounts as the 'best' mounts at all tbh. Same would be the thing for armor i guess.
    Subjectivity stops mattering once there's a real-money price tag on these kinds of things, at least for the sake of arguing about whether it belongs. Once it costs real money in some way that's unobtainable through in-game effort, it doesn't really matter what it looks like, it's either the best thing ever and incredibly offensive to those who don't want to use the cash shop, or the worst thing ever, an absolute scam, and the green light to mock, scorn, and ridicule those who do.

If the only thing that mattered was what you thought, personally, of whatever it is that's on the cash shop, there'd be nothing substantial to argue about. But since we all know that the cash shop is objectively bad, the things on the cash shop therefore have to be objectively bad (from some perspective) as well.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-09-06 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Objectively the store mount have most unique models and rigs and have the most effort put into creating them.

Subjectively you can like basic Stormwind horse more, but most of the resources are funneled into creating store bought stuff, because those have the best ROI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from the "game vs. game" rhetoric concerning WoW vs. FF14 and instead focus on the actual subject of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's a complete copout of the situation and a massive downplay of Blizzard's role in it.
    No its not, it's accepting player behavior for what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    The dealer just sold the crack, whatever happens after that is out of his control
    More like I gave you money, what you do with it is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Its amazing. Final fantasy was literally selling "story skip potions" last time I played because they knew it was terrible and they forced you to replaying all of the boring fetch quest content for 100 hours before you could get to the new expansion stuff. Not to mention their cash shop is even worse than WoW. Take a look for yourself.

https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/

For the record, I am not hating on Final Fantasy. I didn't care when WoW started selling stuff years ago. I dont care they sell some stuff now. I dont care Final Fantasy sells stuff. I simply love reading the hypocrisy and the mental gymnastics people go through trying to prove Blizzard is the devil and SE does no wrong. Absolutely love it.
    You kind of are though.

Story skip potions are for people who don't care about the story.
    The story is the point, that is why it's mandatory. Buying a skip is screwing yourself over. But, you got that option.
    The story is good and the leveling method is different. It's not hubs you don't know anything about doing menial boring tasks to move on. If you actually read the story, you know why you are going to places. It's not just "fetch quests".

There is no need for mental gymnastics. It's simple really. SE satisfies it's costumers, Blizzard does not.
    Aside from that SE doesn't sell gold and their sub and cosmetic prices are lower. Again, further pleasing customers. It's not rocket science. You simply get more value for your money.
    The hypocrisy is quite yours for thinking customers are treated the same way on both games.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-06 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    They need to bolster the store before they inevitably pull the free to play switch, they have been preparing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Curious, how do you know? I would say there was a ton of it... More now? Sure, but it wasn't a rare thing back then. I don't really have anything to back it up with, hence I'm curious if you do.
    I sell boosts, Ignoring that I can't tell who will and who won't risk their account there is a disgusting surge of people who buy boosts every payday. The first and third week of every month.

Cash shops always pray on those with addictive personalities not those making thought out choices. If you put any barrier up never mind making it a risky activity they could lose their account over droves of them would stop.

People act like buying third party gold is super common but that begs the question. If it is why are they not currently doing it? 20$ usd gets you close a million gold from those sits rather then blizzards pitiful amount.

- - - Updated - - -

sure, but if you solve 10% (and im being generous) of problem and create NEW PROBLEM (gametime/game/items already on shop/other blizz games/services are now available for gold, remove token and they no longer are) its pointless solution...
    would be the same amount? hard to tell, could be less, could be actualy more, but i doubt the difference would be too big

my friend was paying his rent from money he was making via boosting/gold selling in tbc/wrath, there was always CRAPLOADS of people interesting in buying gold/items/boosts, just bcs you were blind to it doesnt mean they didnt exist...
    It would be closer to 90% then ten but yes I care more about cleaning up the game then your deadbeat friend paying rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They should get mental health checks at this point. Its some very unhealthy levels of delusion / obsession.
    bcs hating on everything bliz do, quite often by lying or by making up shit, using streamers as gospel, atacking anyone who dares to like the game they dont like, swarming forum of game they claim they dont even play for years is sooooooo mentaly healthy, and totaly not obsessive behaviour...

the "warning" about shop is great example: DECADE ago, when star pony was added some doomsayers started to claim that the very next day we will have to buy tickets to go to raid, everything will be on shop, and the game will be unplayable without spending money on shop, 10 years later we are not a single step closer and they claim they WERE RIGHT like i dont know what halucinogenic drugs those people take but hell thats some strong shit

and i know youll mark me "shill" bcs obviously saying PROVABLE TRUTH is now considered bad by people who are unable to deal with reality, but thats your problem, not ours
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-06 at 04:27 PM.

bcs hating on everything bliz do, quite often by lying or by making up shit, using streamers as gospel, atacking anyone who dares to like the game they dont like, swarming forum of game they claim they dont even play for years is sooooooo mentaly healthy, and totaly not obsessive behaviour...
    It honestly is healthy to relentlessly criticize a company making poor decisions you get a better product out of it. People who weirdly protect them always come off as a little...off?

Less you are a stock holder I don't get why you would do it.