... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Me

Because cosmetics don't matter
    This.
    Because cosmetics don't matter.
    They have no bearing on anything other than personal taste for a skin on something.
    Just like the mounts in the shop, its utility is unrelated to anything other than personal taste.

This argument is so exhausting.
    It's almost like hearing you people say "Well, I pay for a monthly gym membership, but they had the AUDACITY to charge me $20 for a tshirt! Can you believe it? I pay monthly, so I should just get tshirts for free simply for showing up and putting in my time!".
    Maybe they have competitions or other such things where you can win prizes, but otherwise merch is merch.
    Let's be glad Blizz stops at the "meaningless cosmetic stuff" and doesn't implement currencies, like being able to buy leggo or dom shard currencies.

Well Blizz doesn't sell power so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can of course make the "they sell gold and gold can be used to buy carries/boe's and thus they sell power" argument but they still aren't selling power.
    Whatever helps you cope.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You really think that Blizzard does enough to stop botting? ok then.

To compare 1 million gold to 1k or 5k gold for mounts in classic & bc is just obscene. Most people dont run around with 1 million gold in theyre pockets after playing normal.
    Honestly the gold comparison seems rather accurate.

In wrath it took me about 2 weeks to get 16k for the mammoth by farming daily’s and selling herbs.

In shadowlands it took me like a day of herding to make 100k I could easily break 1m in less time then it took me to get 16k in wrath.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-09-07 at 06:02 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    End of the day they have gotten away with selling power. Once you pass that point there really isn't any check left.
    because a matching TMog adds +10% DPS and another layer of Bad Luck Protection on bonus rolls
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This.
    Because cosmetics don't matter.
    They have no bearing on anything other than personal taste for a skin on something.
    Just like the mounts in the shop, its utility is unrelated to anything other than personal taste.

This argument is so exhausting.
    It's almost like hearing you people say "Well, I pay for a monthly gym membership, but they had the AUDACITY to charge me $20 for a tshirt! Can you believe it? I pay monthly, so I should just get tshirts for free simply for showing up and putting in my time!".
    Maybe they have competitions or other such things where you can win prizes, but otherwise merch is merch.
    Let's be glad Blizz stops at the "meaningless cosmetic stuff" and doesn't implement currencies, like being able to buy leggo or dom shard currencies.
    so why doesnt make wow f2p if cash shop seems to be like in other games? or maybe b2p like guild wars 2 is xd dont defend blizz for making shit like that its like someone /spit on your face oh you cant even do that maybe you should buy emote pack for 20$ cuz why not? why not block raids for 5$ every one cuz it doesnt matter for somebody who doesnt raid

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So all that talk about how FFxiv doesn’t have a token and doesn’t sell gil is just compete bull shit then?

So people are just hard core lying to them selfs pretending it does any thing better then wow when it’s just worse in every way.
    While I don't know about any token, but lets say I buy the Paladin boost for $25. You get 500k gil for it + gear.

Any complaint about ONE of TWO transmogs for WoW while completely ignoring FF14 and all of this https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ff...-us/category/0 and then bitching about it (not you, people in this thread) is hypocritical.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Whatever helps you cope.
    I tend to be a quite literal individual and I can't honestly say Blizzard sells power.
    The moment they put a fucking green with +1 stam on the shop though I'll be right there with you saying they sell power. Doesn't matter if its less power, doesn't matter if it's for low levels, none of that will matter because at that point Blizz will be selling power. But right now they aren't.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    because a matching TMog adds +10% DPS and another layer of Bad Luck Protection on bonus rolls
    They sell gold dear...

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to be a quite literal individual and I can't honestly say Blizzard sells power.
    The moment they put a fucking green with +1 stam on the shop though I'll be right there with you saying they sell power. Doesn't matter if its less power, doesn't matter if it's for low levels, none of that will matter because at that point Blizz will be selling power. But right now they aren't.
    They sell gold... I can tell something that is one removed is really selling it...

Well Blizz doesn't sell power so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can of course make the "they sell gold and gold can be used to buy carries/boe's and thus they sell power" argument but they still aren't selling power.
    You literally just described why the game has become P2W and how they sell power. Thank you for the succinct explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You literally just described why the game has become P2W and how they sell power. Thank you for the succinct explanation.
    That is not selling power. They sold you gold. What you do with it is you buying something.Thank you for the dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is not selling power. They sold you gold. What you do with it is you buying something.Thank you for the dishonesty.
    Just because there's one more step after doesn't mean that's not exactly what it is. Denying this is what's dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sell gold dear...
    I'll take a hit of my Copium and say that it doesn't matter how good of your gear is, if you don't know your class you're going to be outdamaged by the tank. And nobody likes that. When your hunter with a Jesus level Mythic+ Score and absolutely crazy Ilvl comes in and gets outdamaged by the Healer... you know you got a carry.

#TeamFuckEverything

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Just because there's one more step after doesn't mean that's not exactly what it is. Denying this is what's dishonest.
    That one more step is a massive step, I say that as someone who has played several pay to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How long till blizz adds /spit to the ingame store and everyone says they quit cause selling emotes for cash is scam and they are goijng to ff14.
    Haha!

Same as with the people going "Screw Activision Blizzard's treatment of employees, I'm going to New World, made by AMAZON!"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I still laugh at all this "RAWR WOW TOKEN BAD THEY SELL GOLD" outrage...

yet nobody is offering a legitimate solution to the PLAYER CREATED PROBLEM. Deleting the WoW token only leads to a Gold Selling website coming in and taking the spot at a HIGHER rate than before and more ANNOYING than before. The demand isn't just going to go away overnight. The demand for carries and boosts has been in the game since Olden Days... and is NOT going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Haha!

Same as with the people going "Screw Activision Blizzard's treatment of employees, I'm going to New World, made by AMAZON!"...
    this made me laugh a lot more than it should have

#TeamFuckEverything

I'll take a hit of my Copium and say that it doesn't matter how good of your gear is, if you don't know your class you're going to be outdamaged by the tank. And nobody likes that. When your hunter with a Jesus level Mythic+ Score and absolutely crazy Ilvl comes in and gets outdamaged by the Healer... you know you got a carry.
    Yep, they're super easy to spot, and they know it.

A good chunk of people are stuck buying their way to the latest Gladiator mount/sets, latest Mythic raid items/mount and title and M+ achievements each season because guess what? If they actually play vs other, genuine players of said modes, they're laughably behind.

"Winning"...? No.

- - - Updated - - -

yet nobody is offering a legitimate solution to the PLAYER CREATED PROBLEM. Deleting the WoW token only leads to a Gold Selling website coming in and taking the spot at a HIGHER rate than before and more ANNOYING than before. The demand isn't just going to go away overnight. The demand for carries and boosts has been in the game since Olden Days... and is NOT going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol! Yeah, it beggars belief seeing people run to an Amazon title in solidarity with employees, or to FFXIV "cuz WoW shop so predatory"...

Almost as if people aren't actually thinking and just having knee-jerk reactions whenever suitable. XD

- - - Updated - - -

it's called go back to banning gold sellers and buyers like they used to. boosting will be a lot less rampant when people are afraid their account will get banned or their credit card stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    That one more step is a massive step, I say that as someone who has played several pay to win games.
    Buying a carry with the gold you legally bought is easier to do than buying the actual gold. Trade chat is completely infested with boosting advertisement spam to the point that on my server it's about 15-1 in terms of advertisement spam v. actual trade chat posts. Groups running constantly, 24/7, 365.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's called go back to banning gold sellers and buyers like they used to. boosting will be a lot less rampant when people are afraid their account will get banned or their credit card stolen.
    They still ban gold sellers and buyers of illicit gold as well as RMT boosters/buyers when they can be found out.

And no, boosting will not be a lot less rampant, it'll go up when the one allowed source for directly buying in-game currency goes away. That means more returning to RMT for their boosts and 3rd party goldsellers rejoicing as they have the market control back.

Think, prohibition.

One part of your "solution" is already in place, the other is just completely ignoring history of the boosting economy.

The good that the Token's existence brings for those of us using it for legitimate reasons by far outweighs the outrage crowd's reasons for removing it, especially when half of the reasons are just plain dumb and the others already taken care of...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-07 at 09:58 PM.

I can't defend Blizzard and say that they're 100% clean on the pay-2-win scale. You can buy character boosts that come with a nice set of blues and the way players can buy gold and use it to pay other players to run them through high-end raids is a bit icky. The only defence for this is it only replicates things players could do anyway, back in Vanilla you could go on EBay and buy a raid-geared character which was just as much p2w as what's going on now. The fact it was against ToS didn't stop it being widespread.