Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    They still ban gold sellers and buyers of illicit gold as well as RMT boosters/buyers when they can be found out.

And no, boosting will not be a lot less rampant, it'll go up when the one allowed source for directly buying in-game currency goes away. That means more returning to RMT for their boosts and 3rd party goldsellers rejoicing as they have the market control back.

Think, prohibition.

One part of your "solution" is already in place, the other is just completely ignoring history of the boosting economy.

The good that the Token's existence brings for those of us using it for legitimate reasons by far outweighs the outrage crowd's reasons for removing it, especially when half of the reasons are just plain dumb and the others already taken care of...
    nah ur wrong. boosting was never this big and there's a pretty obvious reason but i doubt anyone will change ur mind.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    nah ur wrong. boosting was never this big and there's a pretty obvious reason but i doubt anyone will change ur mind.
    It's not that its big..it's open

Y'all only care because it's out in the open instead of in the dark corners and only said in whispers

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'll take a hit of my Copium and say that it doesn't matter how good of your gear is, if you don't know your class you're going to be outdamaged by the tank. And nobody likes that. When your hunter with a Jesus level Mythic+ Score and absolutely crazy Ilvl comes in and gets outdamaged by the Healer... you know you got a carry.
    I would hope so since that is what they are buying with the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    “It was never part of the game,” then lists how it was part of the game.
    Also, comparatively, prices were much higher back then. Getting your first mount and flying mount in Vanilla and BC would be the equivalent of approximately 800k-1 million gold now.

Yeah, you right, Blizzard cares nothing about bots. They never do ban/suspension waves after investigating claims. Let me guess, you get upset that when you report a bot they aren’t banned immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

This might come as a surprise, but some people like spending time in game doing things like m+ and raid sales. Hanging out with friends, telling jokes, passing time doing things they have fun doing. When they do this, those hours aren’t tedium and copium (as you kids like to say these days), but are actually a fun pastime while enjoying a hobby.
    Also, while they do this thing called having fun, they are effectively earning in game currency which they can transfer into bnet balance and play the game for free. While also buying things in game for free. That’s not copium, that’s having fun while not spending money to do so.

This whole copium thing is just a new buzz word that applies to a very minor amount of players that are actually addicted, but people want to use for everyone who seems to enjoy something that others hate.
    So, let me get this straight.
    You like it cause you can get gold off the whales and then buy shop items with it? Congratulations, your gold making scheme that sell win is exactly why the token is ruining the game.

Are you saying boost buyers are "having fun". Wow... the depths to which we came.

And this is all good for you huh? Well... with that atitude, there won't be many left to buy your boost service huh? Hope it's worth it.
    I prefer my games with less P2W, not more though. But, you do you. It's working spectacularly.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-07 at 11:33 PM.

Cant say I care anymore. The game already sold its soul so if it decides to make a nickel here or there on other parts who cares at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Datamined Store Banner showing a new Tmog set coming "Soon"

- - - Updated - - -

The one with Sparkle Pony
    Ah, datamining. I'm not gonna lie I wanted the answer to be "No, people are screaming about the helmets/idiot NF mog"
    Taking into account recent events I can see more clearly how people might take issue with this. The last thing you wanna see is blizzard pumping out whale bait
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Can't we just bully people who buy it? Kick them from groups drive them out of lfg that kinda thing?

Send a message?

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Haha!

Same as with the people going "Screw Activision Blizzard's treatment of employees, I'm going to New World, made by AMAZON!"...
    I have already seen some of those and it makes me cringe. "I am not going to support a company that abuses their workers, fuck wow I'm gunna go play a good mood new world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    They sell gold... I can tell something that is one removed is really selling it...
    ... ok?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You literally just described why the game has become P2W and how they sell power. Thank you for the succinct explanation.
    Wow is p2w if you want to believe it is since there's no definition of what p2w means and people just say whatever they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I can't defend Blizzard and say that they're 100% clean on the pay-2-win scale. You can buy character boosts that come with a nice set of blues and the way players can buy gold and use it to pay other players to run them through high-end raids is a bit icky. The only defence for this is it only replicates things players could do anyway, back in Vanilla you could go on EBay and buy a raid-geared character which was just as much p2w as what's going on now. The fact it was against ToS didn't stop it being widespread.
    Since some people say buying cosmetics is p2w I don't even concern myself with the p2w argument lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't we just bully people who buy it? Kick them from groups drive them out of lfg that kinda thing?

Send a message?
    Why not /spit on them?

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Send a message?
    Wow players: Fuck these new and or bad players buying things and trying to get in MY GROUP the nerve of these n00blets trying to play this game I'm going to harass them call them names and chase them out for having the AUDACITY to be in the same virtual space as me!

Also wow players: Why is the world so dead must be Blizzards fault

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, we had P2W shop mounts for mount collectors, P2W pets for pet collectors, then we had P2W tokens for buying boosts and now last thing - P2W transmogs for transmog collectors. Why should we even play this game, if every valuable reward can be bought for $$$? Some guys would say, that $$$ rewards won't give you "prestige and respect", but who cares about virtual e-peen "prestige"?
    How are any of those Pay 2 win? What are you winning?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    People are definitely buying 25 million gold in WoW tokens for their Mythic Sylvanas carries. Yep. This is a totally plausible thing that definitely happens. They definitely aren't going to the same website that organizes the boost and finding out that for less money they can buy the same thing and have the boosting community automatically convert their RMT into gold in 1/25th the time and at a discount to boot. They aren't doing that! Who would do such a thing? Capitalism is bad, after all, the WoW token is bad, and there is no reason for Blizzard not to remove the token immediately because by doing so they will have effectively cured the free market once and for all. That's because we know that WoW players play by the rules and if Blizzard puts a sign up that says "do not buy gold with RMT...or else!" 100% of its players will abide by it. It's so easy, the only reason Blizzard doesn't do it is something something Bobby Kotick's yacht.

Am I out of the loop? What cash shop transmogs are there other than the three helmets from years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You literally just described why the game has become P2W and how they sell power. Thank you for the succinct explanation.
    Only applies if they sell buffs/gear directly not if you have to use a middle man to get it

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?

I feel like you don't understand how the world works.

Who gives a shit if they have a cash shop. It doesn't affect you, it doesn't take away from the main game as far as design or balance.

How is it making your life worse? How is it making your wow playtime worse? Because I bet it isn't, at all.

Someone buying a cash shop item gives them more money, to do more things for the game. $15 a month is not a lot of money and in reality, they should charge more per month, IMO.

Server hardware, networking hardware, a cleanroom server facility for all of those things (monthly lease fees), a team to run the game currently as well as design/build new things. It is an enormous task, and not cheap, at all. It's lik

All you folks think about what you get out of it, which is a very selfish mindset. But typical of the younger generation who seems to have a growing sense of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    How are any of those Pay 2 win? What are you winning?
    Winning: having something that others don't have.

Send a message?
    Because that sort of genius-level "message" worked so well with the sparklepony and the TBC deluxe mount.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    The problem with boosting is that, in a convoluted way, its pay-to-win. Blizzard sanctioned the gold trade with WoW token, allowing boosts to become way more prevalent as a means of character progression. I'm not arguing that boosting for bought gold didn't happen before the WoW token (it did); Blizzards actions and stance on gold buying/selling definitely had an impact on the game by allowing the more pay-to-win aspect of it become more acceptable.

Is WoW a virtual world or virtual cash shop? These lines can be blurred in any MMO that pushes microtransactions over immersion, which is an unfortunate reality of WoWs current state. Every expansion and every patch where numbers go down, services provided go up; the very reason why year after year, player numbers are down, but revenues remain constant. Blizzard never screws their stockholders over, perhaps we're all playing the wrong game and should be playing World of Stockcraft instead.
    I understand what you mean and it really has been a pay-to-win affair since the induction of the WoW token. In my mind it was never as egregious as outright procuring the means to win through money, simply because other players have to put in the extra effort to boost the player in the first place, but I have to admit that this is a very, very sugarcoated way of seeing things. Either way, it absolutely provides players with a way to obtain certain achievements thanks to the gold they've bought with their money and that can perceptively devalue the achievements of players who put a lot of effort into them on their own.

I think that incentivizing the purchase of WoW tokens is also one of the reasons the last two expansions had no way for players to easily acquire gold through mission tables as they did in WoD and Legion; it ran contrary to their business. Many players still bought lots of them, there's no doubt about it, but I would imagine that many also skipped doing so thanks to the mission tables.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-09-08 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Winning: having something that others don't have.
    I really don't think you understand what P2W is, along with every single other person saying its P2W. Pay to win is playing a game like CoD and being able to spend 100 dollars on some super buffed OP weapon that absolutely destroys people who didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I think that incentivizing the purchase of WoW tokens is also one of the reasons the last two expansions had no way for players to easily acquire gold through mission tables as they did in WoD and Legion; it ran contrary to their business. Many players still bought lots of them, there's no doubt about it, but I would imagine that many also skipped doing so thanks to the mission tables.
    Yeah dude, you can see the strings that control the universe. Blizzard isn't offsetting inflation...they're trying to sell WoW tokens. That's why they added the Brutosaur! Duh. WoW tokens. Why think critically when you can just blame everything on the WoW token? Grrrrr... capitalism is so bad! Blizzard should give everybody a free Mythic Sylvanas carry, that's the only way they can prove to me they care about this community!