Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Prett sure they don't have secret meetings for those. Last time I checked they don't stream their interal meetings publicly, and after the 3rd major "we listen, but a year later" blunder it's obvious to all but the most desperate sycophants that this madness has method to it. This is done deliberately and in SL it finally blew up in their faces.
    Yep, fuckin Blizzard intentionally making their game bad. Only the real WoW fans can tell! Lmfao.

    Jesus, this fucking place.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yep, fuckin Blizzard intentionally making their game bad. Only the real WoW fans can tell! Lmfao.

    Jesus, this fucking place.
    Blizzard clearly designs the systems in a way they think gives them the most player retention by min-maxing inceptives to play and player displeasure in an attempt to find the point where they keep players for the longest amount of time. This is pretty much mordern game design 101 and not all controversial to anyone but the most oblivious sycophants. Your outrage makes you look even more clueless than you already are.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will never understand why Blizzard never added Necromancers or Tinkers. They are so obvious to design.
    i agree. trinker druid when

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Blizzard clearly designs the systems in a way they think gives them the most player retention by min-maxing inceptives to play and player displeasure in an attempt to find the point where they keep players for the longest amount of time. This is pretty much mordern game design 101 and not all controversial to anyone but the most oblivious sycophants. Your outrage makes you look even more clueless than you already are.
    You may as well be screaming, "Wake up, sheeple!"

    Do you know where you are? This is a fan forum. You have to opt into this. God forbid somebody on a fan forum enjoy the fucking game that it was designed to discuss, right? No, because I don't think Blizzard makes a shitty product just to fix it later I'm a "desperate sycophant," and it's the real WoW fans like you who see the strings which control the universe who are trying to save the rest of us from evil Actiblizz and Bobby Kotick's yacht farm.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You may as well be screaming, "Wake up, sheeple!"

    Do you know where you are? This is a fan forum. You have to opt into this. God forbid somebody on a fan forum enjoy the fucking game that it was designed to discuss, right? No, because I don't think Blizzard makes a shitty product just to fix it later I'm a "desperate sycophant," and it's the real WoW fans like you who see the strings which control the universe who are trying to save the rest of us from evil Actiblizz and Bobby Kotick's yacht farm.
    Sorry, all I see is Zoidberg whoowhoowhooping away sideways, because you have nothing of value to say.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sorry, all I see is Zoidberg whoowhoowhooping away sideways, because you have nothing of value to say.
    Imagine being the guy who confidently implies a company intentionally creates a bad product so they can fix it later accusing somebody else of having nothing of value to say.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But then we're diluting what "adding a new class" means, aren't we? I mean, like I said before: by that logic of "these players who could not play this class now can play it", Cataclysm also "added new classes", as tauren players who would never play a blood elf character can now play paladins, and dwarf players who would never play draenei can now play shamans, etc.
    That was not an availability issue, not the same at all. The game is designed around faction dynamics and that includes playing _with_ X new class in your dungeon groups, in PVP, etc.

    You may be talking personal gameplay, and that is right that Shaman and Paladin are not new if you were playing on both factions and had alts for both, but the addition of them to each faction in TBC was a gamechanger for entire raid compositions and all dungeon and PVP that it effectively filled the same role a new class does. It changed the entire game for everyone.

    Its not just a new race/class combo or new races or new customizations. And I will ho as far as even saying that a Class Skins system would not even be comparable to new classes, because dynamics are not going to change at all, mostly personal customization. It should be looked at as adding a class that was previously not available, rather than simply defined by being 'new'.

    A Class skin for example could be a 'new class' through lore and gameplay definition, but it wouldn't offer actual gameplay mechanics or group dynamics and generally would not be much more than personal customization options. It would be like Cata opening up race/class combos, with more emphasis on cultural class themes. That's not really the same level of excitement as adding a class that adds gameplay that changes the dynamics of the game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-07 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  8. #128
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    6,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And don't even begin with TBC; tbc gave both factions a new class; many didn't played the other faction back then, so many players actually got a new class that they never played before.
    I'm honestly amazed by this one. It's not often that you see goal post moving in the same initial post.

    By that same utterly flimsy logic, Blizz has added all kinds of classes across most expansions (e.g. Dwarf was allowed to be mage, shaman, or warlock in Cata which they weren't allowed to be before that expansion).

    When you create a theory, and you find facts that don't fit your theory, then you need to update or abandon that theory...not try to alter facts so your theory still kinda-sorta works.

  9. #129
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    <snip>
    But those players could already play as shamans and paladins. Those classes already existed in the game. They just need to make a character in a different faction.

    To say "TBC added new classes" is just plain wrong unless you're diluting what "adding a new class" means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But those players could already play as shamans and paladins. Those classes already existed in the game. They just need to make a character in a different faction.

    To say "TBC added new classes" is just plain wrong unless you're diluting what "adding a new class" means.
    If you are saying it dilutes the meaning of New Class, then you must first understand that New Class has many different meanings in different contexts, whether we're talking about New to the Game, New to the Faction or New to the Player. If I said I've only ever played a Druid and I want to play a new class, does that mean I'm talking about a Class that is New to the Game? No, in context I'm just talking about a class that is *new to me*. The context matters here.

    And don't even begin with TBC; tbc gave both factions a new class

    These classes are absolutely new to the faction, and that's how he framed his words. He's not talking about Classes that are New to the Game. You are arguing semantics by taking those words out of context and implying that 'New Class' can only refer to 'New to the game' and that's semantics, because new can also refer to New to the Faction.


    He didn't just say TBC Added New Classes as if he were referring to New Classes to the Game. You twisted the context and are arguing against your own strawman argument here.

    The context is adding classes to the game that changes the social dynamics of the game. He frames this with talks of Balance and PVP, so he's not just talking about New Classes to the Game in a bubble.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-07 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  11. #131
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    These classes are absolutely new to the faction, and that's how he framed his words.
    And again we circle back to my previous arguments: we're diluting what "adding new classes" mean. We're adding caveats: "it's not new to the game, it's new to the factions" and yet you seem to contest my "it's not new to the game, it's new to the races."

    He (the OP) didn't say TBC Added New Classes. You twisted the context and are arguing against your own strawman argument here.
    Except I wasn't responding to the OP, was I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And again we circle back to my previous arguments: we're diluting what "adding new classes" mean. We're adding caveats: "it's not new to the game, it's new to the factions" and yet you seem to contest my "it's not new to the game, it's new to the races."
    New to the Races doesn't change any social dynamic. I've explained this with the Class Skins as well.

    OP is very clear on what the topic is, so you're the one arguing semantics here. The context of New Classes is not applicable to 'New to the Race' because Races aren't even being talked about here. The context is not exclusive to Classes that are New to the Game or New to the Player either, the OP has clearly appended Shaman and Paladin into the terminology, and included 'New to the Faction' as a caveat.

    This topic is referring to New Class as a Class that *can be* new to the Player and new to the Game, but also includes the Shaman and Paladin which are considered New to the Faction. This is clearly stated by the OP as the topic's framework. If you are arguing outside this relative terminology, then you're arguing semantics that are outside of the topic's framework.

    And you're the one arguing semantics, because no one is talking about Races at all in this thread. You can argue as much as you want that Race/Class comboes = New Class to the Race, but we would all recognize that as an argument for the sake of semantics because the context of that argument is outside the framework of the discussion. And is it worth pointing out other than for the sake of semantics?

    Example: I create a new topic explaining that I've only played a Druid and asking what new class I should play. The context of new class is what is new to me. If you jump in to argue saying "Those aren't New Classes because they're not new to the game" or "Play another Druid of a different race, because they're New to the Race" then you're ignoring the context of the topic and arguing the definition of 'New Class' for the sake of semantics.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-07 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I don't care about the balance of the game, or how pvp gets more f***ed because of adding a new class
    Well, I do. Shut up. We have way too many classes and specs already.

  14. #134
    its always "add necros in shadowlands" but that's lame imo. Shadowlands would have been perfect for a Revenant class.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  15. #135
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,994
    That’s a hot take. I’d rather take hot cakes than a new class.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will never understand why Blizzard never added Necromancers or Tinkers. They are so obvious to design.

    Necromancers would be cool but probably really toxic to play against like BM hunters.

    As for Tinkers, their entire thematic and design is covered by the Engineering profession.
    You think you don't, but you do

  17. #137
    WoW "expansions" very rarely expand anything. They replace things. Occasionally they do add things, but just as frequently they remove things.

    It's why WoW has been being worked on for 17 years and it's as small as it's ever been.

  18. #138
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    248
    Burning Crusade - One of the greatest expansions ever released, second only to WotLK.

    Cataclysm - It was alright. Dragon Soul was a disappointing end but the actual zone overhauls, class overhauls, pre-4.3 story and raids were great.

    Warlords of Draenor - Okay, I'll give you that one. It was dogshit. But I think the main problem was that Blizz abandoned it after one major content patch and called it a day. Had they gone the full course to committing to a 4 raid tier expansion, WoD would have been so much better.

    Battle for Azeroth - A lot of people hated BFA but I think it had potential. Worst part was definitely the narrative and the (post-8.2) class balance. It's also a masterclass in awful game and system design, courtesy of both Ion Hazzikostas and Jeff Hamilton.

  19. #139
    Honestly? You're kinda right. Read the title and was pretty thinking "wtf is this person saying" and after thinking about it I realized that Wrath, MoP and Legion are my top 3 expansions...

  20. #140
    Personally I've hated each new class more than the last. I'd be pretty happy if DHs and monks were removed. This is from a PvP point of view.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •