Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Used to be every other expansion, alternating between race or class... but Blizzard broke that Cycle with Shadowlands that 'should' have had a new class.

TBH, this is why i sort of agree with the OP here:

Back when TBC was introduced, and later Cata, the only good things to come from it was the new starting zone experiences of the races, they also added a variable amount of class options for those races, like having 2 races that can use druid for alliance and horde in cata, or paladins in TBC for horde and shamans for alliance.

They were, imho, good changes, as they added something new.

Classes themselves, also, add something new and are permanent.

What isnt permanent? Is Garrisons, Artifacts, Azerite, and Covenants.

And content that has no permanent value is ultimatley, meaningless.

Before covenants were even a thing the moment they were announced I knew it'd be a disaster, because I knew, there was no way covenants would last.

And frankly, im not gonna be surprised if by 10.0 they are gone forever, because we know they will be.

Frankly, the next expansion needs to be a flat out return to what the game was, not what they keep trying to make it.

Bring back some of these systems, give us another Garrison in 10.0, and maybe Artifact weapons, and a new class ontop of that and -maybe- ill be interested.

Maybe...

But even then, id rather just have a new class, or a new set of races with starting zones and capital cities that I can use as RP hubs and fun vista's like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s the core focus of the Unholy spec. We have to remember that the DK is meant to cover all aspects of Necromancy in WoW. Unholy deals with undead minions, Frost deals with the chill of death represented by the Lich, and Blood represents controlling the power of life through blood magic a d vampirism.
    They said a long time ago that the DK is a combination of multiple classes, mostly Necro and Runeblade. So chances are getting a full necro might never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    Technically Shaman was introduced to Alliance and Horde got Paladins.
    but they are NOT new classes

more on topic not every expansion needs to add new classes, what would have fit as a new class for wod, also that thats the role of alied races

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    but they are NOT new classes

more on topic not every expansion needs to add new classes, what would have fit as a new class for wod, also that thats the role of alied races
    They're classes that are new to the factions, and that's the context of including TBC in the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

I mean, yeah, new classes can be fun and add a lot of flavor.

But considering the fact they're struggling balancing the classes that exist already, I'm not mourning the non-existence of a Shadowlands class too much.

If they could manage to get through an expansion without about a quarter of the specs in the game already being trash then adding a new class makes sense. Problem is that rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Used to be every other expansion, alternating between race or class... but Blizzard broke that Cycle with Shadowlands that 'should' have had a new class.
    The cycle was a player perceived thing, not an actual standard that was followed. Devs have gone on record multiple times saying they simply add something when it makes sense for the context of the new expansion, hence MoP adding a new race and a new class.

The cycle was also broken well before Shadowlands. It could arguably have been broken in MoP, since a new race was added when we "shouldn't" have gotten one. But we also didn't get anything new in WoD, which is undeniably a break from the supposed cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    The cycle was a player perceived thing, not an actual standard that was followed. Devs have gone on record multiple times saying they simply add something when it makes sense for the context of the new expansion, hence MoP adding a new race and a new class.

The cycle was also broken well before Shadowlands. It could arguably have been broken in MoP, since a new race was added when we "shouldn't" have gotten one. But we also didn't get anything new in WoD, which is undeniably a break from the supposed cycle.
    TBC = Races (Belf and Draenai)
    WOTLk = Class (DK)
    Cata = Races (Worgen and Goblins), and new class/race combos
    MoP = Both (Pandaren and Monks)
    WoD = 'Races' (HD models), MoP introduced Pandaren prior.
    Legion = Class (DH), introduced Races near end of.
    BfA = Races
    Shadowlands = neither

Pattern held it was every other expansion for a new class but SL.

That's just top kek. New models are not a race. That is a cycle break, through and through. And again, we already knew by this point that the cycle was not a thing.

You're doing a lot of mental gymnastics to say there's a pattern, when the latter half of the list very clearly doesn't adhere to it.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2021-09-07 at 11:27 PM.

Pretty sure it's just a coincidence and nothing more. Can guarantee you that no one adored MoP specifically because of how great monks were and nothing else

Even a new spec would be a hassle to balance, but I feel those are more doable than an actual class.

I really don't want new classes, and I don't think there's any fantasy that's *missing*

...Well, save for Tinkers, but OH BOY even saying that is an invitation to the disk horse.

Albert Einstein is dead!!!!
    Tony Stark doesn't exist in real life!!!
    How could Blizzard introduce new classes???
    Do you have any idea what you are asking for???

p.s: Meanwhile Guild Wars 2 (a free mmo) introducing 9 (NINE) new classes in the new "End of Dragons" expansion...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-09-07 at 11:41 PM.

The last new class introduced (DH) stole a key ability from Hunters and for all I know others.
    That was bad enough but suddenly 90% of the tanks in Dungeons were DH's going 90 miles
    an hour which is not fun. My particular problem aside it's clear the well is dry as far as classes
    are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And you're the one arguing semantics, because no one is talking about Races at all in this thread. You can argue as much as you want that Race/Class comboes = New Class to the Race, but we would all recognize that as an argument for the sake of semantics because the context of that argument is outside the framework of the discussion. And is it worth pointing out other than for the sake of semantics?
    You're accusing me of semantics... and yet you're the one defending the "Horde getting paladins is the same as adding a new class to the game" argument, which, again, dilutes the meaning of "adding a new class", since what the majority thinks when they they hear that sentence is that a new class is added to the game.

And again, I'll repeat: I was not responding to the OP, which you accused me of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    Technically Shaman was introduced to Alliance and Horde got Paladins.
    Adding a class to the other faction is not the same as adding a new class. That's just making another class available to a faction

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Adding a class to the other faction is not the same as adding a new class. That's just making another class available to a faction
    The argument has some merit though, because back then playing both sides was literally impossible on half the servers and even on PvE servers not many got around to properly play 2 characters on different factions in endgame. So for the majority the "other class" was indeed practically new. Someone else mentioned also that playing WITH them was new. All of vanilla I was jelous of fucking alliance dps, because they were allowed to do 30% more DPS, since they had blessing of salvation. Meanwhile on horde I spend spend my time wanding the enemy and browsing the internet because 11 out of 10 tanks in vanilla sucked ass at what they did. For many it was practically the same as getting a new class.

Sure there are exceptions that probably played both of them at lvl 60 and cleared naxx with them, but that was certainly not the norm by a long shot.

Edit: If you want to be pedantic about it, I would put it in the same category as allied races mostly being not proper new races and instead just half-assed recycled models. Yet for alot of people it was a long saught thing they've been waiting years for.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Correlation does not equal causation.

None of the "bad" expansions would have been better if you added a class to them. Certainly not BFA or SL.

TBC = Races (Belf and Draenai)
    WOTLk = Class (DK)
    Cata = Races (Worgen and Goblins), and new class/race combos
    MoP = Both (Pandaren and Monks)
    Legion = Class (DH), introduced Races near end of.
    BfA = Races
    Shadowlands = neither

Pattern held it was every other expansion for a new class but SL.
    Thus breaking that cycle luckily! and we dont get these stupid posts ever again about some pattern that isnt realy there, because according to blizzard it has always been about flavour of that expansion theme and if it fits or not. MOP had both.. we never had that again like that, but people still used it as part of a pattern.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-08 at 09:17 AM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Thus breaking that cycle luckily! and we dont get these stupid posts ever again about some pattern that isnt realy there.
    Eh, whatever. The fact no new class, what I looked forward to every other expansion, was introduced in SL was a contributing factor of my boredom with WoW making me quit since last February.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-09-08 at 09:21 AM.