10+ Year Old Account

Soul eater type mount for pve players...

...what do you think, will pve players have chance to obtain something like black dragon (Soul eater) mount which is season reward for pvp gladiator players...I think blizz miss good chance to switch pve and pvp season mounts in season 2...So in season 2 black dragon type mounts for m+2000 raiting and lets say Sintouched Deathwalker type mount for pvp players...In past we was always have same type of mounts for pve and pvp players, but ofc for pvp player mounts with armor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...what do you think, will pve players have chance to obtain something like black dragon (Soul eater) mount which is season reward for pvp gladiator players...I think blizz miss good chance to switch pve and pvp season mounts in season 2...So in season 2 black dragon type mounts for m+2000 raiting and lets say Sintouched Deathwalker type mount for pvp players...In past we was always have same type of mounts for pve and pvp players, but ofc for pvp player mounts with armor...
    I do not think so.

I honestly do not mind if people have some separated rewards from others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I honestly do not mind if people have some separated rewards from others.
    It's sad that there is absolutely no form of an armored Cloud Serpent available to players who didn't do MoP rated PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's sad that there is absolutely no form of an armored Cloud Serpent available to players who didn't do MoP rated PvP.
    It is, just like it is sad if one didn't unlock Challange Mode rewards, or the old Mage Tower or the top clears of the Argent Tournament (Special limited mount).

I do not like that those things cannot be obtained anymore because I was either unable to, unavailable to, or just not going for it but admit, that I can give the floor to the ones who work hard through and earn the things through the content it is connected to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It is, just like it is sad if one didn't unlock Challange Mode rewards, or the old Mage Tower or the top clears of the Argent Tournament (Special limited mount).

I do not like that those things cannot be obtained anymore because I was either unable to, unavailable to, or just not going for it but admit, that I can give the floor to the ones who work hard through and earn the things through the content it is connected to.
    I would argue there is a distinct difference between giving players previously exclusive rewards, and giving players recolors of previously exclusive rewards.
    Legion gave all players a recolor of the MoP challenge mode gear (with some minor changes), and I really don't see why Blizzard couldnt similarly give recolors of the WoD challenge mode weapons, or Mage Tower appearances.

Restricting mounts obtainable forever always struck me as kinda regressive. Why can't for instance everyone be allowed to farm the updated version of the old Black Qiraji War mount? Or even gain a regular red one for that matter?
    Armored Cloud Serpents are prestigious, but I really cannot understand why you couldnt just give everyone at least one recolor of it? Same for pretty mucgh every other unique Gladiator mount.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm not going to lie, it would've been nice for people who do PVE instead to obtain this mount. I mean all previous PVP mounts have this..they just added armor. Maybe they will be kind enough and give us this type a mount without the armor? Instead of a different colour variant. I mean that seems to be the trend in all previous expansions... so I don't see the harm in supporting this idea.

They could really put this mount in various places to be able to obtain. One place in particular comes to mind, but just being able to obtain it in general. Regardless of how they chose to implement it. Would be nice.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-10-14 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I'm not going to lie, it would've been nice for people who do PVE instead to obtain this mount. I mean all previous PVP mounts have this..they just added armor. Maybe they will be kind enough and give us this type a mount without the armor? Instead of a different colour variant. I mean that seems to be the trend in all previous expansions... so I don't see the harm in supporting this idea.

They could really put this mount in various places to be able to obtain. One place in particular comes to mind, but just being able to obtain it in general. Would be nice.
    I guess it could be something we will see later. That was afterall the case in Legion with the armored stormdrakes whose unarmored variant was unavailable to players until 7.2 I believe.

Not at all unthinkable that 9.2 adds a meta-achievement or Maw questline or something that gives players an unarmored Soul Eater mount.

I’m not entirely against significantly reskinned versions of PvP mounts being made available, not the same mount exactly though.

Call me a snowflake, but I think a fair dose of exclusivity within a MMO is healthy for the game.

Problem with the soul eater is it barely has any armour to begin with, it would require something different than just removing it.

It’s nice to have some distinguishable mounts in the game where it’s immediately apparent what it is and what that player had to endure to get it. So many mounts have lost their prestige as expansions have passed and they’ve been made available to the masses through farming old content. A mix of both scenarios is good I think.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-10-14 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would argue there is a distinct difference between giving players previously exclusive rewards, and giving players recolors of previously exclusive rewards.
    Legion gave all players a recolor of the MoP challenge mode gear (with some minor changes), and I really don't see why Blizzard couldnt similarly give recolors of the WoD challenge mode weapons, or Mage Tower appearances.

Restricting mounts obtainable forever always struck me as kinda regressive. Why can't for instance everyone be allowed to farm the updated version of the old Black Qiraji War mount? Or even gain a regular red one for that matter?
    Armored Cloud Serpents are prestigious, but I really cannot understand why you couldnt just give everyone at least one recolor of it? Same for pretty mucgh every other unique Gladiator mount.
    Wait, the Red one is unobtainable now?

As to the main part, I'd rather we see more options and development than more and more recolors.

The core of the issue is that we are discussing design philosophy that has been present in this game for 15 years. We have gone for so long with a system of rendering some of the old rewards unobtainable and exclusive that changing it now would be a seismic shift. I am personally just a curve/m+15 player, so naturally I'm missing out on a lot of time-limited rewards, but nevertheless I wouldn't touch this system at this point. Good at pvp? Get gladiator mount. Good at pve? Get ksm and raid mounts. Lucky to be subbed during "day X" get "X time limited mount". Be good at everything and subbed all the time? Get everything. There is some kind of fairness there.

Red Qiraji Battle Tank is still obtainable, just much rarer than the other two.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The vaporous undead shadow dragon thing? I'd love one, personally. I get if it stays a unique PvP type mount, but I wouldn't say no if a PvE variant was created.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Wait, the Red one is unobtainable now?

As to the main part, I'd rather we see more options and development than more and more recolors.
    The red one is still available like it used to, though obviously still only inside the Ahn'qiraj raids.
    What I mean are the new updated Qiraji models added in 7.3.5. Players who had the old Black Qiraji mount useable anywhere got a second mount for free that used the new updated model, whereas the rest were left with nothing.
    In a case like that it seemed like it should be an obvious way to give everyone a chance to use the new and updated Qiraji mounts anywhere, and not just by being part of an exclusive club whose membership is unobtainable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Red Qiraji Battle Tank is still obtainable, just much rarer than the other two.
    I mean the new and updated model, and additionally one that could be used anywhere and not just exclusively inside Ahn'qiraj.

10+ Year Old Account
    The red one is still available like it used to, though obviously still only inside the Ahn'qiraj raids.
    What I mean are the new updated Qiraji models added in 7.3.5. Players who had the old Black Qiraji mount useable anywhere got a second mount for free that used the new updated model, whereas the rest were left with nothing.
    In a case like that it seemed like it should be an obvious way to give everyone a chance to use the new and updated Qiraji mounts anywhere, and not just by being part of an exclusive club whose membership is unobtainable.
    Well, you have the Blue one though, to use outside?

Well, you have the Blue one though, to use outside?
    That is one, and its the old model.

I am specifically talking about the new and updated model, of which there is only one available to players, and which additionally was not obtainable from actually playing the game at the time the mount was added.
    It's a really cool mount that was only given as a reward for already having a different exclusive unobtainable mount.

What I want is at least a recolored version of that mount. I will accept any color honestly.

They should just put all Glad mounts behind a currency... Win 50 games at 2400 or above, get a token to buy a Glad mount from previous seasons or something like that.

Same goes for elite sets, make them purchasable with Marks of Honor at a certain rating.

Prestige in WoW is fucking dead. Nobody cares about pixels in a two decades old game anymore. This would at least create some incentive for active players to keep playing and pushing imo.

I would of swapped glad and mythic plus mount this season since the recolored are rather bland. While I'm not a fan of timed rewards I dont see anything wrong with rewards tied to specific content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    I would of swapped glad and mythic plus mount this season since the recolored are rather bland. While I'm not a fan of timed rewards I dont see anything wrong with rewards tied to specific content
    Best option tbf. This way, if you were particularly dedicated in either of those activities, you could get two fresh models, with the only unhappy outlier being a pvper that does m+.

But the way it is now... meh. I fell in love with the Sintouched Deathwalker in season 1, felt like such a cool mount. Now I have another that is just Maw themed. I would have loved to get a soul eater. Looking forward to a broker themed Deathwalker for m+ season 3, I guess...