Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do all planets have shadowlands?

Is shadowlands only in azeroth and deals with its own dead? Are there shadowlands for different planets like dreanor? If not why is azeroth so special to have one?

Think that one was answered with Draka, she is all Drakas, au and normal, so i would say all worlds end up in the same shadowlands.

Only one Shadowlands exists, all planets and all realities go into it. Not to be rude or anything but I'm not sure how you'd miss this since you interact with people from other planets/realities in there all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the Shadowlands are a plane of reality for passed mortal souls.
    Everyone goes there, its not tied to any planet.

Pretty much every character that isn't explicitly Azerothian (Vashj, Uther, etc.) is from another world.
    It's literally explained in the very first quests you do in the lvling campaign...
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-04 at 09:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Literally the opening scenario of the SL expansion addresses this. When freeing Anduin and escaping the Maw, he says "The souls of Azeroth, Draenor, countless other worlds, pouring into the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    but isnt shadowlands supposed to be azeroth reflection? at least thats what it shows on the login screen, and was shown in the cinematic trailer with sylvanas on top of icecrown

i dont know anything about the lore ingame. i didnt play shadowlands at all, i dont even own it
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

This is easily answered by playing the expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    but isnt shadowlands supposed to be azeroth reflection? at least thats what it shows on the login screen, and was shown in the cinematic trailer with sylvanas on top of icecrown

i dont know anything about the lore ingame. i didnt play shadowlands at all, i dont even own it
    Nah, the fact that the top of Torghast looks like the top of Icecrown is just to make the login screen look good and tie the aesthetic of the lich king to the aesthetic of the Maw

This makes shadowlands a bit trivial and weak just like how they made there is only one legion in all realities thing. Billions of worlds , countless realities yet a few demons are a huge threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    This makes shadowlands a bit trivial and weak just like how they made there is only one legion in all realities thing. Billions of worlds , countless realities yet a few demons are a huge threat?
    ...what?

What's trivial or weak about souls from all those worlds going to the Shadowlands? If anything, that makes the fact that all these souls are being funneled into the Maw even more of a big deal.

I also have no idea what any of this has to do with the Burning Legion. That wasn't just "a few demons."

10+ Year Old Account

You need to read up on the lore and keep up with the story, my dude.

The answer is more complicated than what others have posted. We know for certain that the shadow Lans is close in cosmology to Azeroth. But it may not have always been that way. Remember Sargeras basically purged most life from the universe/multiverse. Azeroth has a titan soul and still full of life and thus constantly producing death. The souls flow from it into the maw right now. But before many made their way back through Ardenworld.
    I suspect each shadowland is much smaller than it use to be. When there were more worlds more soulds flow in and out.
    However not all souls flow to Oribos. We know there are countless other lands within the mists including the demon howeworlds. We also know souls can go elsewhere than oribos. Bwonsamdi collects some, Odyn collects some, so does Helya.

So I imagine the other world's had points and lands in their respective shadowlands. Further the bokers make it clear you can travel not just to other lands within the shadow lands but even other worlds. You even do so on one of their side quests.

So to answer your question, yes and no, it's complicated.

Is shadowlands only in azeroth and deals with its own dead? Are there shadowlands for different planets like dreanor? If not why is azeroth so special to have one?
    All your questions are answered the moment you step into bastion.

When people try to disguise their complaint as a question that was answered literally during the announcement of the expasion....

So fun.
    If you really gave a fuck about the answer you would probably google it first, right?

Talk to the glowy bear dude and she explains that she's from a planet that was destroyed by the Legion.

The Shadowlands spans all of reality; all worlds.

God, how nice to see that people on this forum are advising a person to go play a game or use Google. I'm really in awe of this because on Reddit, idiots ask if there are other worlds in Shadowlands(or where Scrouge after Sylvanas destroy Helm) literally every week and other idiots constantly answer them and accuse me of toxicity if I advise you to just open Wowpedia, which will take much less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    The answer is more complicated than what others have posted. We know for certain that the shadow Lans is close in cosmology to Azeroth.
    So to answer your question, yes and no, it's complicated.
    No, on the map of cosmology we see that SL are close to REALITY. The fact that reality is represented by the planet Azeroth does not mean anything, it is simply due to the fact that all events are focused on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...what?

What's trivial or weak about souls from all those worlds going to the Shadowlands? If anything, that makes the fact that all these souls are being funneled into the Maw even more of a big deal.

I also have no idea what any of this has to do with the Burning Legion. That wasn't just "a few demons."
    He asks how the Legion can be a threat if there is only one Legion and the SL is getting souls from the entire multiverse.

No that is not what it is... That is just the tower of torghast, its not a "reflection" you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Think that one was answered with Draka, she is all Drakas, au and normal, so i would say all worlds end up in the same shadowlands.
    How does that work? If I die I go to the Shadowlands and then my AU self goes there many years later, he like fuses with the one who was already there?

10+ Year Old Account

No, its more like a portal. (Outlands is also not behind blastedlands btw.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    How does that work? If I die I go to the Shadowlands and then my AU self goes there many years later, he like fuses with the one who was already there?
    Yes
    Coz time doesn't matter in SL, only eternity