1. #1

    What's the rarest tradeable item(s) you own?

    Always interested to hear what people have in their collections. The only rule is it has got to be tradeable, even if it's since been made unavailable.


    For me it's probably a pair of Glacial Gloves, a Rugged Trapper's Shirt, or Plans: Masterwork Stormhammer.



    - The Glacial Gloves require two things from Naxx 40 man, 5 Frozen Runes and the craft itself. TSM says 1.56 mil

    - The Plans: Masterwork Stormhammer only dropped from Goraluk Anvilcrack in the original Upper Blackrock Spire. When that boss was removed in Patch 6.0.2 (Warlords), so were the plans. TSM says 1.03 mil

    - The Rugged Trapper's shirt was the starter shirt for Night Elf and Dwarf hunters only. It was changed to Rugged Trapper's Vest in Patch 4.0.3 (Catacylsm). TSM says 1.01 mil




    What've you got?
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2021-09-05 at 07:38 AM.
    You think you don't, but you do

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Always interested to hear what people have in their collections. The only rule is it has got to be tradeable, even if it's since been made unavailable.


    For me it's probably a pair of Glacial Gloves, a Rugged Trapper's Shirt, or Plans: Masterwork Stormhammer.



    • The Glacial Gloves require two things from Naxx 40 man, 5 Frozen Runes and the craft itself. WoWhead says 2.53 mil
    • The Rugged Trapper's shirt was the starter shirt for Night Elf and Dwarf hunters only. It was changed to Rugged Trapper's Vest in Patch 4.0.3 (Catacylsm). WoWhead says 2.07 mil
    • The Plans: Masterwork Stormhammer only dropped from Goraluk Anvilcrack in the original Upper Blackrock Spire. When that boss was removed in Patch 6.0.2 (Warlords), so were the plans. WoWhead says 1.55 mil


    No clue if those WoWhead prices are real or not, but it's at least something to refer too. If there's a more accurate pricing elsewhere, please do say so.



    What've you got?
    Use TSM for more accurate values for your region.

    As for my own stuff, don’t really care if it is BoE then it is likely removed and thus I won’t sell it anyways. And then it’s buried in a bank slot I haven’t moused over in like a year so the value is likely way different.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-09-05 at 07:14 AM.

  3. #3
    Epic! rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,543
    when i last played (around 2 years ago now), the Gurubashi mojo madness that i have a few of were worth ~850k each on the realm my character that has them is on, dunno what they are worth now at all but it's a fun little thing i kept hold of alongside some frozen runes and a few other little knickknacks that have been unobtainable for ages now, still got the 'rarest' 1h sword in the game that has the number '1' in the database entry values, it used to be the starter 1h sword given to warriors/rogues if i remember right and was changed at some point making it a super rare item.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Use TSM for more accurate values for your region.

    As for my own stuff, don’t really care if it is BoE then it is likely removed and thus I won’t sell it anyways. And then it’s buried in a bank slot I haven’t moused over in like a year so the value is likely way different.

    Good looks on TSM. Looks like WoWhead references Theunderminejournal in comparison.

    What have ya got that you wouldn't part with?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    when i last played (around 2 years ago now), the Gurubashi mojo madness that i have a few of were worth ~850k each on the realm my character that has them is on, dunno what they are worth now at all but it's a fun little thing i kept hold of alongside some frozen runes and a few other little knickknacks that have been unobtainable for ages now, still got the 'rarest' 1h sword in the game that has the number '1' in the database entry values, it used to be the starter 1h sword given to warriors/rogues if i remember right and was changed at some point making it a super rare item.
    Seeing anywhere from 100k to 770k for the madness. I remember those, that's a blast from the past.

    And that sword is awesome. I've never thought about any prestige belonging to data base entry values, but now that you mention it, having the #1 item is pretty sweet.
    You think you don't, but you do

  5. #5
    Mechagnome terminaltrip421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    [A] Azuremyst <US>
    Posts
    622
    most valuable would probably be flaming long sword or whelplings, rarest and something I wouldn't part with would probably be the old troll shaman starter kilt and chest piece.

  6. #6
    I still have The Eye of Shadow sitting on my bank toon. I wish some one would just buy it already lol.
    Last edited by Draygona; 2021-09-05 at 08:26 AM.

  7. #7
    I would have said an original quiver from Vanilla. (Light Leather quiver I believe) Sitting in my bank. It probably would have been my most expensive tradeable commodity if I hadnt equipped it in the desperate hope I could actually get the quiver graphic to show up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #8
    I recently restored my old priest that I made back in 1.4 and it had some bijous from the old ZG on it along with an Eye of Shadow and the original Corporal title (I sucked at PvP back then). Gave me a lot of good memories

  9. #9
    I never been lucky with valuable drops, but i self found a Haunted Memento back in BC. It's a miracle i didn't throw it away thinking it's a trash item, found it in my abandoned ex-main's bag during MOP. Worth around 400-800k
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2021-09-05 at 09:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Used to be MtG cards (until my mother foolishly threw them away). Now it’s my Nintendo Switch collection.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Used to be MtG cards (until my mother foolishly threw them away). Now it’s my Nintendo Switch collection.
    lol, great, thanks for sharing kiddo.
    Now try again, but this time about your in game stuff

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    lol, great, thanks for sharing kiddo.
    Now try again, but this time about your in game stuff
    “Kiddo”? I’m 32, kid.

  13. #13
    Tradeable? I have a Magic Rooster Egg on my account, which has been out of playtime for years. I bought it for a few 100k back then, it's probably worth a bit more now.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    “Kiddo”? I’m 32, kid.
    At 32 your most valuable and rare stuff is a Nintendo Switch collection? I mean... ok, never mind, it was just an assumption

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •