Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which sequels or remakes would you love to see?

Me?

Remakes in high graphic fidelity akin to DOOM Eternal:
    Hexen
    Heretic
    Exhumed
    Quarantine

Sequels:
    DOOM 4 (in DOOM 3's story-driven style)
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I don't know why people keep clamoring for remakes. The games industry has proven that they're almost always incapable of putting out worthy remake/remaster, and even then they're almost never better than the original game. Fun to dream about, but it will never be reality.

For the same reason, I think wishing for sequels if fanciful. Sure, I'd love a Warcraft 4, or a new Pokemon game, or TES6, but the devs who made those games that I loved are long gone. Elder Scrolls 6 won't be good and it will be a massive disappointment. The company that made the beloved Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim games doesn't exist anymore. Same with Pokemon and Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metroid 5 and Metroid Prime 4 are both being worked on...kinda wish they'd get their act together and maybe even move onto WoW 2...but doubt that will ever happen.

Be nice to maybe see a Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3 some day

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't know why people keep clamoring for remakes. The games industry has proven that they're almost always incapable of putting out worthy remake/remaster, and even then they're almost never better than the original game. Fun to dream about, but it will never be reality.

For the same reason, I think wishing for sequels if fanciful. Sure, I'd love a Warcraft 4, or a new Pokemon game, or TES6, but the devs who made those games that I loved are long gone. Elder Scrolls 6 won't be good and it will be a massive disappointment. The company that made the beloved Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim games doesn't exist anymore. Same with Pokemon and Warcraft.
    What? ^^ I know a TON of games with amazing sequels and quite a few with excellent remakes as well; the RE series comes to mind right away.

I guess it's all a matter of perception in the end, because I have the complete opposite opinion; the game industry has proven that they can make both excellent remakes as mind-blowingly good sequels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Metroid 5 and Metroid Prime 4 are both being worked on...kinda wish they'd get their act together and maybe even move onto WoW 2...but doubt that will ever happen.

Be nice to maybe see a Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3 some day
    Oof, I can't wait for the Metroid games you mentioned, being it my favorite franchise. I didn't mention them in the OP because they're indeed in development.

Come to think of it, I'd like a nice story driven Alien game as well. But that's not a remake nor a sequel.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Little Big Adventure 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What? ^^ I know a TON of games with amazing sequels and quite a few with excellent remakes as well; the RE series comes to mind right away.

I guess it's all a matter of perception in the end, because I have the complete opposite opinion; the game industry has proven that they can make both excellent remakes as mind-blowingly good sequels.

- - - Updated - - -

Oof, I can't wait for the Metroid games you mentioned, being it my favorite franchise. I didn't mention them in the OP because they're indeed in development.

Come to think of it, I'd like a nice story driven Alien game as well. But that's not a remake nor a sequel.
    I don't know...just wasn't a lot of games I could think of, which is why I mentioned them.

A new Armored Core or Onimusha game would be nice, but that would likely mean I need to buy a PS5 >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Little Big Adventure 3
    Oh man, I completely forgot about LBA; that was one of my favorite games back in the day and it was one of the only games in Super VGA.

What an amazing experience this was

Jak and Daxter sequel

As a LONG time Heretic fan, I would LOVE to see a remaster and remake of that game.
    I also very much need a Fallout done in the original isometric CRPG fashion. I really do not like FPS based RPGs.While immersive, the world always feels small and they always seem to lack in the narrative choice that I found in FO1/2.

Devil May Cry 6
    Silent Hill
    Bioshock
    Bully 2
    Alan Wake 2

Pretty sure all of those will happen, it's just a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Demon Souls Remake and Shadow of the Colossus remake are better than the original games and there are many other examples as well. Tbh I have no idea where you brought the idea that gaming industry not capable of doing a remake that is better than the original.

In topic I would love to have a remake with these masterpieces:

1-Legend of Dragoon
    2-Legacy of Kain series
    3-Xenogears (fleshing out disc 2) and using the same 2D sprite style.

4-Ecco the Dolphin 1&2 from the sega genesis.

custer's revenge with modern graphics would be 10/10

Would love, not necessarily a remake, but For Kojima and Konami to make amends and finish up and release the last part of MGS 5.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Would love, not necessarily a remake, but For Kojima and Konami to make amends and finish up and release the last part of MGS 5.
    came here to write the same thing.

seriously, after the game play they made for it, they should be ashamed to not only not finish it, but not continue it.

Civilization 1, one can dream

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel. Or whatever, just give me a game where i can slice a bus into neat loafs.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    As a LONG time Heretic fan, I would LOVE to see a remaster and remake of that game.
    I also very much need a Fallout done in the original isometric CRPG fashion. I really do not like FPS based RPGs.While immersive, the world always feels small and they always seem to lack in the narrative choice that I found in FO1/2.
    Yup. Playing Wasteland 2 atm, it manages to scratch that itch somewhat, but not completely. For one, it feels more linear, as your boss is in constant radio contact to you, giving orders on what to do next. In Fallout it was essentially "there's a water chip out there somewhere, go find it". Different aesthetics too, as beyond desert and shanty-towns there's none of that retro-futuristic stuff or the specific brand of humor in Wasteland 2. I like the game fine, but it's no Fallout.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Full Remake
    Breath of Fire 1 and 2. Very outdated badly needs a refresh
    FF5 and 6 give it the project octopath engine like Dragon Quest 3s getting

Remaster/Modern Port
    Parasite Eve. The first game was a tech demo for FF8s engine..oh look what recently got a remaster
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 (#FreeMarvel)
    Megaman Battlenet: a collection of the first 6 games with online support would be AMAZING hell we got the Zero/ZX series why not
    Breath of Fire 3, 4, and Dragon Quarter: Unlike 1 and 2 these games still hold up and would be great to see again. Hell I'm pry one of like 5 people who LIKED Dragon Quarter that game needs love
    Megaman Legends 1 and 2. RIP 3 but these were a good proof of concept that 3D Megaman can work...too bad they threw that all away in X7

Prequal
    Final Fantasy X. I want a game where you play through as Jecht, Auron, and Braska...would be fucking amazing

Sequel
    Megaman Legends....just get him off the damned moon
    Classic Megaman. I want some sort of link between the X series and the Classic series will probably never get that outside of Day of Sigma but can hope
    Marvel vs Capcom. Hell give us Disney vs Capcom go all the fuck out. Thor vs Kylo Ren sure why not. Hercules, Zero, and Kyle Katarn in a 3v3 against Dante, Palpatine, and fucking Maui yes please make this the most insane crossover fighter ever hell I'll even take a playable David Bowie from the Dark Crystal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel. Or whatever, just give me a game where i can slice a bus into neat loafs.
    Metal Gear Solid remakes would be cool but I don't think anyone would want to put the time and effort behind making proper ones, not even Kojima

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Metal Gear Solid remakes would be cool but I don't think anyone would want to put the time and effort behind making proper ones, not even Kojima
    Ehhh... 1 is the only one a full Remake would be good for but Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater hold up INCREDIBLY well just porting the HD collection on PS3 to PC would be more than enough

Also before someone says something yes I am aware of the twin snakes and no that has it's own bit of issues since they just put the first game in with 2s engine and the first person shooting kinda broke the game