Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    In California we often get badass conservative governors. Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and maybe Larry Elder is next. I just looked at his policy positions, he wants to lower taxes and shrink government. I'm not very familiar with him but it seems he would make an excellent political leader as long as he's not a super religious person, imo.
    Ronald Reagan was a fucking moron, so is Larry Elder. Arnold actually genuinely cares for people. If you like any of them, except Arnold, then there is a reason not to elect him. And it is already too late, he is batshit insane religious.

  2. #62
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Why are TYT and Grift Tubers playing with fire and supporting the whole recall circus?
    Well that’s just a lie. Last time I watched tyt Ana Kasperian was saying how the recall doesn’t make sense without there being a democrat replacement and that it gives the republicans a chance to easily win. So what are you On about it? You have a “lie about progressives” fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  3. #63
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,671
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I'm not very familiar with him
    then maybe, just maybe you should do some research before sharing your opinion with the class?
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2021-09-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I'm not very familiar with him ....
    have .. have you read any of the words that came before your own in this thread? or the original article that was linked?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    In California we often get badass conservative governors. Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and maybe Larry Elder is next. I just looked at his policy positions, he wants to lower taxes and shrink government. I'm not very familiar with him but it seems he would make an excellent political leader as long as he's not a super religious person, imo.
    If you weren't already a Republican, or someone who was pro-recall before, people like you are the reason we're in this fucking mess in the first place.

    Pay attention, do your research. But please, don't vote...if this is how much you pay attention to stuff like this, we don't want it.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    then maybe, just maybe you should do some research before starting your opinion with the class?
    Funny how those on his side of the argument push for IQ tests in order to vote.
    Although to be fair he does believe that babies and children should be allowed to vote.

  7. #67
    Googled him and the first thing that came up was a movie called uncle tom with candice owens. I refuse to learn anymore about this man.

  8. #68
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,671
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Googled him and the first thing that came up was a movie called uncle tom with candice owens.
    Awkward.....
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-09-07 at 06:28 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It can also be that the candidate knows exactly what he wants to cut but doesn't want to actually say it or he just wants to use "small government" as an excuse rather than explain the actual motivations.
    Reminds me os Rick Snyder in Michigan. That shit ass refused to talk about policies, refused to debate, yet we all knew what he wanted to do, just he was never in record admitting to it.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cmon man thats not what i said (and im not a dem)



    isnt herman dead? lol
    Yes, died July 30th last year in covid-19; so after the release of the movie.

  11. #71
    Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,947
    Megyn Kelly is a black conservative?

  12. #72
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Megyn Kelly is a black conservative?
    Too many of “the blacks” in the film for the base so you need a blue eyed blonde hair white woman.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cmon man thats not what i said (and im not a dem)



    isnt herman dead? lol
    Provocative Black Conservative thinkers... including Megyn Kelly
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-07 at 06:32 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its a good thing these candidates are so vile, the recall election has been a huge inconvenience.
    A huge extremely expensive inconvenience. The final cost was reported as $276 million.

  15. #75
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Is there a secret contest in the GOP to see who can say the most outrageous shit?
    They're letting the disposables push the line further and further. Once they see when their base turns against them, then they know just how far they can go.
    That's been my theory since around 2008. Obama's election, when I turned 30, is when I became active in politics and saw precisely how fuckered up things were becoming on the R side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    The left-wing news feeds I get on Facebook are freaking the fuck out over him, for honestly no reason. I get people need to go out and vote, but this chuckle-head ain't gonna get elected in Cali. The recall is a two-step process. Vote to have the recall, then vote for a replacement (who could still be Newsom).
    This is actually incorrect, which is WHY people are freaking the fuck out. The recall is a one-step process with two questions:
    1) Should Newsom be recalled?
    2) If he is, who replaces him?

    The first requires a simple majority. But if 50.1% of the votes are Yes, then the second only requires a plurality (and Newsom himself is ineligible, having just been recalled). With Larry Elder being the apparent GOP favorite, he could very easily win with as little as 16% of the vote so long as the other 84% is split between the other forty-five candidates.

  17. #77
    A movie with a guy who believes slave owners deserve reparations, a woman who thinks racism doesn't exist, and a clown who died after adamantly claiming COVID-19 wasn't that bad. I didn't know Idiocracy had a sequel.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is actually incorrect, which is WHY people are freaking the fuck out. The recall is a one-step process with two questions:
    1) Should Newsom be recalled?
    2) If he is, who replaces him?

    The first requires a simple majority. But if 50.1% of the votes are Yes, then the second only requires a plurality (and Newsom himself is ineligible, having just been recalled). With Larry Elder being the apparent GOP favorite, he could very easily win with as little as 16% of the vote so long as the other 84% is split between the other forty-five candidates.
    CA loves it's confusing direct democracy...

  19. #79
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    With Larry Elder being the apparent GOP favorite, he could very easily win with as little as 16% of the vote so long as the other 84% is split between the other forty-five candidates.
    Which is why threads and posts that take his obvious bait and give the guy more air/talk time then he deserves are counter-productive and play into his hands. It's insane that we haven't learned this lesson after Trump won a federal election.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    CA loves it's confusing direct democracy...
    Oh, this inane process only exists with recalls, not normal elections. The process was instituted about a hundred years ago, and the original bill did provide for two separate elections (one for the recall, one for the replacement) before being combined into one, and while it's not entirely clear why that change was made the general assumption is that it was for the sake of cost and convenience.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Which is why threads and posts that take his obvious bait and give the guy more air/talk time then he deserves are counter-productive and play into his hands. It's insane that we haven't learned this lesson after Trump won a federal election.
    Honestly, I find it very difficult to agree here. The media was largely ignoring him until very recently, when polling showed a very real chance that the recall would succeed and he would win. After focusing on how horrible his policies are and how likely it is that he would win due to voter apathy (as recalls historically have very low turn-out, especially from the governor's own party), polling has swung wildly in the other direction to the point that even Vegas betting odds are solidly against a successful recall.

    The ratio of "the media reports Larry Elder verbatim" to "commentary on how completely batshit insane he is and how much we need to not risk that shit" has been pretty good here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •