Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,010
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    From a certain point of view. He does have a point.

    Granted he's wrong. But at the time, they were property and a person built his livelihood around it. That an entire families economy was ripped out from under him isn't his fault per se.

    It's an interesting argument, morality aside.
    This the same people who when thousands of Americans were dying a day from Covid asked "But what about the Economy?"

    Yeah. We know what direction their moral compass points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    From a certain point of view. He does have a point.

    Granted he's wrong. But at the time, they were property and a person built his livelihood around it. That an entire families economy was ripped out from under him isn't his fault per se.

    It's an interesting argument, morality aside.
    Uhm. Building your wealth on the systemic and violent oppression of an entire race of people is your fault.

    It's not like people at the time were oblivious to the immorality of what they were doing, they just handwaved away their concerns sipping sweet tea and enjoying the comforts afforded to them by the labor and suffering of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  3. #103
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,335
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    From a certain point of view. He does have a point.
    .
    From the point of view of the plantation owners and their boot lockers. Thats okay we can safely ignore that point of view.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  4. #104
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,078
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    From a certain point of view. He does have a point.

    Granted he's wrong. But at the time, they were property and a person built his livelihood around it. That an entire families economy was ripped out from under him isn't his fault per se.

    It's an interesting argument, morality aside.
    It remains "his fault" for choosing that particular process to base his family's economy upon.

    The same way we don't provide reparations for drug dealers' families, or sex traffickers, or arms dealing or the like. If your product and/or your actions in producing/marketing/providing it were egregious enough that the entire product framework had to be strictly regulated to minimize that harm, you don't deserve a damned thing. In fact, what fortunes you have produced through that exploitation are on shaky grounds as it is, and I wouldn't have much issue with government seizures.

    Ex-slaveowners after emancipation not only shouldn't have gotten reparations, if they owned a slave plantation, that plantation should have been seized by the government. And I'm not sure that goes far enough.


  5. #105
    Rich and powerful people still do things today that they know are wrong. Just because they can get away with it doesn't mean they aren't aware.

    Anyone who has ever owned a person as a slave knew very well what they were doing was shitty.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Anyone who has ever owned a person as a slave knew very well what they were doing was shitty.
    Actually, I'd say a big reason that the Civil War happened is that a great many of them truly believed that there was nothing shitty about owning slaves.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Actually, I'd say a big reason that the Civil War happened is that a great many of them truly believed that there was nothing shitty about owning slaves.
    It was literally the number 1 reason.

  8. #108
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ex-slaveowners after emancipation not only shouldn't have gotten reparations, if they owned a slave plantation, that plantation should have been seized by the government. And I'm not sure that goes far enough.
    It depended how high profile you were, high enough and they take your home and turn it into a national cemetery.
    /s

  9. #109
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don’t recall Nina Turner saying anything like that… lies are fun aren’t they.
    did you have fun posting that?

    I took 90 seconds to find this
    Nina Turner slammed for claiming she 'didn't lose this race,' 'evil money manipulated' election
    During her concession speech Tuesday night, Turner characterized the election as one manipulated by "evil money."

    "I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this never happens to a progressive candidate again. See, we didn't lose this race — evil money manipulated and maligned this election," she said, according to a video posted by Newsweek.

    "See, I don’t want you to relent, because it took evil money," she continued. "They took evil money to come in here and do this. Well, I swear to you, that as sure as there is a God in heaven, sister Turner is going to continue working with every fiber of her being until true justice reigns."
    or, if reading is boring and you want video

    https://www.newsweek.com/nina-turner...rimary-1615986
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  10. #110
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,591
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    did you have fun posting that?

    I took 90 seconds to find this
    Nina Turner slammed for claiming she 'didn't lose this race,' 'evil money manipulated' election


    or, if reading is boring and you want video

    https://www.newsweek.com/nina-turner...rimary-1615986
    I did have fun posting it and I have even more fun looking at your poor comprehension skills and inability to tell the difference between:

    "This election was stolen by fraud. I actually won"

    and

    "I didn't just lose this race. I lost this race because monied interests against me"

    "We didn't lose this race, evil money maligned and manipulated it"

    In what way is that equal to "I'm actually president and won"?

    it literally is an argument against money in politics, saying that negative ads from large lobbying groups against her pushed public opinion Which studies show MONEY OFTEN DICTATES RACES

    Truly fucking pathetic if this is your "gotcha"

    If huge monied interest put out literal lies about a candidate which sours people against them, in what way is that no manipulation? It's legal manipulation but manipulation. Her campaign didn't go negative which was a poor choice.. they could have railed her opposition on awarding her lover contracts worth millions while she was in a position of power... but they didn't do that.

    Manipulation is what she said caused her to lose the race, which isn't a fucking radical statement except to magats and weirdo anti progressive people. Are you going to sit here and deny that when a conservative Israeli lobby puts out false advertisements about a person that that isn't manipulation?


    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...pending-states

    Here you go honey.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-09-10 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ex-slaveowners after emancipation not only shouldn't have gotten reparations, if they owned a slave plantation, that plantation should have been seized by the government. And I'm not sure that goes far enough.
    Sure from a moral point of view.

    However, if the system you're born and raised into tells you that XYZ is the property and not human. That's all you know. Are you really doing anything wrong? And sure we know how it's quite literally the worst thing we've ever done as a species outside maybe the holocaust and camp 721

    I'm absolutely certain there were people who, genuinely without a doubt, believed this was the natural order. And they built their lives on this. Like building your life on a piece of technology and then having that ripped away.

    Again I'm not saying they're right...at all. I'm saying; it's an interesting argument.

  12. #112
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,078
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sure from a moral point of view.

    However, if the system you're born and raised into tells you that XYZ is the property and not human. That's all you know. Are you really doing anything wrong? And sure we know how it's quite literally the worst thing we've ever done as a species outside maybe the holocaust and camp 721

    I'm absolutely certain there were people who, genuinely without a doubt, believed this was the natural order. And they built their lives on this. Like building your life on a piece of technology and then having that ripped away.

    Again I'm not saying they're right...at all. I'm saying; it's an interesting argument.
    And?

    A lot of Germans under the Nazi Reich went along and supported the Reich because it was what you did. We have a word for Germans who did so.

    That word is "Nazi", with every bit of venom and denigration that goes along with it.

    You're defining why they were terrible abusers and deserved to be penalized for their actions. Not providing a defense. I give as much of a shit about their opinion on how "right" they were as I do about how much Dahmer enjoyed the taste of human flesh.


  13. #113
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I did have fun posting it and I have even more fun looking at your poor comprehension skills and inability to tell the difference between:

    "This election was stolen by fraud. I actually won"

    and

    "I didn't just lose this race. I lost this race because monied interests against me"

    "We didn't lose this race, evil money maligned and manipulated it"

    In what way is that equal to "I'm actually president and won"?

    it literally is an argument against money in politics, saying that negative ads from large lobbying groups against her pushed public opinion Which studies show MONEY OFTEN DICTATES RACES

    Truly fucking pathetic if this is your "gotcha"

    If huge monied interest put out literal lies about a candidate which sours people against them, in what way is that no manipulation? It's legal manipulation but manipulation. Her campaign didn't go negative which was a poor choice.. they could have railed her opposition on awarding her lover contracts worth millions while she was in a position of power... but they didn't do that.

    Manipulation is what she said caused her to lose the race, which isn't a fucking radical statement except to magats and weirdo anti progressive people. Are you going to sit here and deny that when a conservative Israeli lobby puts out false advertisements about a person that that isn't manipulation?


    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...pending-states

    Here you go honey.
    I never loved you, I only stayed for the children, that don't exist.

    and when you finish moving the goalpost, remember to comprehend the post you replied to said
    In the tradition of of Donald Trump and Nina Turner; Elder is trying to discredit the very election he's might lose.
    Nina Turner is unquestionably trying to discredit it

    YOU, in a sad attempt to justify calling another poster a liar, are claiming that can only be if she claims its fraud

    but, if it MUST be equal to "I'm actually president and won"
    Turner has got you covered!!

    "I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this never happens to a progressive candidate again. See, we didn't lose this race — evil money manipulated and maligned this election"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  14. #114
    Elemental Lord KuerbisgeschmackShake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Messing with Texas
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I never loved you, I only stayed for the children, that don't exist.

    and when you finish moving the goalpost, remember to comprehend the post you replied to said

    Nina Turner is unquestionably trying to discredit it

    YOU, in a sad attempt to justify calling another poster a liar, are claiming that can only be if she claims its fraud

    but, if it MUST be equal to "I'm actually president and won"
    Turner has got you covered!!

    "I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this never happens to a progressive candidate again. See, we didn't lose this race — evil money manipulated and maligned this election"
    Her concessions speech was bad enough. But the real gem was her 30 min spiel on the TYT-Members-Only twitch stream. Where she and Cenk talk about how bad dems are, lean into some anti-Semitic tropes about the (((elites))). Nothing about running bad campaigns, blowing huge money and name-recognition advantages.

    Imagine, losing Dem primaries after pissing on Dems for 5 years....

    Also, she called varies Dem primaries "rigged" in 2016 and 2020 if anyone wants to look those up.

    Cosplay Clowns need to realize the 30% strategy only works in the CA Recall vote. Were a whacko like Elder can win a very low plurality if enough dumdum vote Yes.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    However, if the system you're born and raised into tells you that XYZ is the property and not human. That's all you know. Are you really doing anything wrong? And sure we know how it's quite literally the worst thing we've ever done as a species outside maybe the holocaust and camp 721
    Yea..if you were born in that era, sure, your perspective could only be what you know and are familiar with. However...the argument is the here and now. We've grown and know we can, and I hope, will do better.

  16. #116
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,591
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I never loved you, I only stayed for the children, that don't exist.

    and when you finish moving the goalpost, remember to comprehend the post you replied to said

    Nina Turner is unquestionably trying to discredit it

    YOU, in a sad attempt to justify calling another poster a liar, are claiming that can only be if she claims its fraud

    but, if it MUST be equal to "I'm actually president and won"
    Turner has got you covered!!

    "I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this never happens to a progressive candidate again. See, we didn't lose this race — evil money manipulated and maligned this election"
    Nina Turner didn't "discredit" the election but pointed out a problem with the elections that doesn't "discredit" them. When a politician win after pouring in 50 million into an area. The statement that "money played a large role in them winning" doesn't "discredit the election results" because the election results aren't what's in question but rather the atmosphere that allows manipulative and false advertising. Again you show us your poor poor grasps of basic comprehension.

    They lied, they were a liar. it is a lie to say that Nina Turner and Donald Trump both tried to discredit the election. Trump directly called into question the election; Nina calls into question the way we run campaigns that allow manipulation of opinions Note how these are two different things.

    Pathetic truly... you really do show your utter lack of capability and understanding of NUANCE it's a thing that is missing from you and super pro establishment Milch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Her concessions speech was bad enough. But the real gem was her 30 min spiel on the TYT-Members-Only twitch stream. Where she and Cenk talk about how bad dems are, lean into some anti-Semitic tropes about the (((elites))). Nothing about running bad campaigns, blowing huge money and name-recognition advantages.

    Imagine, losing Dem primaries after pissing on Dems for 5 years....

    Also, she called varies Dem primaries "rigged" in 2016 and 2020 if anyone wants to look those up.

    Cosplay Clowns need to realize the 30% strategy only works in the CA Recall vote. Were a whacko like Elder can win a very low plurality if enough dumdum vote Yes.
    Anti-semetic tropes because they used the word elites? Talk about lying bullshit.

    It's now anti-Semitic to say there are elites? For fuck sakes the most progressive voices are mostly all not elites why do you think that is?

    Do you think the fact that congress is extremely rich could be why they're being called elites? When most of them are fucking part of the 1% of the top 0.1%??? The fuck are you on, that you think saying they're elite is now anti-septic.

    Democratic Primaries are rigged by their design... like literally that's how they're set up...

    Also recall how you lied about the TYT thing and Elder where Ana supports a recall but also said it only works if there's a progressive candidate otherwise the recall is likely to do more harm. You kinda ignored that when you claim everyone is a cosplay clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Democratic Primaries are rigged by their design... like literally that's how they're set up...
    *sigh*

    They're fuckin not. Or I guess there's some master plan to "allow" the progressives who actually know how to campaign and have gotten elected and are constantly needling at the establishment dems (which is a good thing). Or they were just so good they beat the Democrats rigged game which...for at least a few of them I think we can very confidently say that they didn't, they just won a clean primary and race.

    Though we're getting off topic here because right now it's Larry Elder who's not just implicitly calling the election rigged, but more or less explicitly doing so.

  18. #118
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    *sigh*

    They're fuckin not. Or I guess there's some master plan to "allow" the progressives who actually know how to campaign and have gotten elected and are constantly needling at the establishment dems (which is a good thing). Or they were just so good they beat the Democrats rigged game which...for at least a few of them I think we can very confidently say that they didn't, they just won a clean primary and race.

    Though we're getting off topic here because right now it's Larry Elder who's not just implicitly calling the election rigged, but more or less explicitly doing so.
    You're making a lot of assumptions here... the first being that "rigged" must also mean nefarious in some way...the set up of which states go first and why is "rigging" the regionality that is very important to the primaries going in blocks is a form of rigging. Rigging can literally just mean "an apparatus that exist that benefits one particular group more than the other".

    Progressives being attacked by establishment democrats to suppress them is a form of rigging since it is part of the apparatus to maintain the structures that keep the establishment already in place. That doesn't mean suddenly elections were invalid or the vote itself is rigged, but it is just how politics and the system works.

    Why don't you try to understand what I mean and if you didn't, fucking ask instead of making assumption. I mean usually when I reply to shit people say I usually have a question in there for clarifying purposes unless I've already seen the poster in the past hold a particular view about a particular issue. Now... I don't have a past of saying that elections themselves were rigged against progressives so where did you get off on that?

    The senate is rigged against progress, we know this due to rules and the blocking of progressive ideas like... "let's stop lynching black people" getting blocked since the 20s. That's how it works, but it is a form of rigging.

    Lobbyist buy interest in our government and exert their will on the masses using their money as the vehicle to do it. That is a form of rigging is it not? Don't fly off the fucking handle because I said rigging when you should idk... think about who you're speaking to first. If I say a word... I usually mean the word in the sense of the word itself.

    Rigging refers (or used to before fucking Trump), the setup of the system the system being setup in such a way to do a particular duty. Post-trump and now every person is either throwing out rigged to say stolen, nefariously lost, and imply illegality or wrongdoing instead of using the word to refer to the wider system...
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-09-10 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  19. #119
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,456
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rigged

    Definition of rigged
    1: manipulated or controlled by deceptive or dishonest means
    a rigged election
    Attempts to pass a rigged repatriation bill are exhibit A of what enrages Americans about Washington and Wall Street.
    — Brent Budowsky
    His reluctance stemmed not from a lack of mercy but from his sense that pardons were a rigged game, tilted in favor of offenders with political connections.
    — Massimo Calabresi et al.
    Cambridge's is about the same

    "rigged" has always been dishonest, cheating, etc.
    rigging has only been benign when referring to ropes for suspending things, and it's not reasonable to claim that use here.

    Trump changed things, that word ain't one them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, back to Larry, he and conservitive media are whining hard that people arent defending him from the egging gorilla woman as a hate crime.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What is really funny, is that this fucking clown, actually works for fucking Chinese propagandists the Epoch Times. Trumpers hate Chinese anything, but maybe their food. Which is why the Asian hate crimes have gone up so much since Covid hit.
    You realize that the owners of the Epoch Times are actively censored by the Chinese government right? Not making any judgment on the group, you just make it sound like it’s a mouthpiece of the CCP when it’s not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •