Poll: Arena for noobs

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Arena for noobs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arena for noobs

You want pvp to be more easy and allow noobs to gear and have a chance to compete?

Upgrade 1/5 get item

Upgrade 2/5 1400 rating or 100 arena games won this season

Upgrade 3/5 1600 rating or 300 arena games won this season

Upgrade 4/5 1800 rating or 600 arena games won this season

Upgrade 5/5 2100 rating or 1000 arena games won this season

This would also fix the boosters problem as noobs would just play more and eventually get full gear.
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2021-09-06 at 10:47 PM.

So fotm noob rerollers deserve to one-shot me cause they spam more? Just start from week 1 in the season and the only reason you'll ever fall behind on gear is cause your own lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    So fotm noob rerollers deserve to one-shot me cause they spam more? Just start from week 1 in the season and the only reason you'll ever fall behind on gear is cause your own lack of skill.
    Dang if theyre on shotting you idk who is more "Noob"

This is funny, cause after 1000 games won in arenas you should be at least be duelist or elite, if not glad.

The addon with the perfect and most fair gear system was WoD. People blamed WoD for beeing a bad expansion, while it was just a short one and was near perfect pvp wise.

Now this is what people get, a ruined pvp gear progression since Legion with hardly any incentive to play, if you just want the gear.

Just remove ALL walls. Let people gear up how they want or can... Stop limiting us and just freakin LET US PLAY THE GAME!!!

Also, add the option to join ranked arena matches or RBG without a team. The same like its in every other game. Why do I have to find a team of 10 random players every time? If the game can find random players for me? I just want to log in a game during the day and play some competitive matches. When I will want to climb ladder, I will play with my team. Other wise... just LET ME PLAY THE GAME!!!

No.

The same reason why people who did +1-5 1000 times doesn't deserve 252ilvl gear.

Effort -> better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Just remove ALL walls. Let people gear up how they want or can... Stop limiting us and just freakin LET US PLAY THE GAME!!!

Also, add the option to join ranked arena matches or RBG without a team. The same like its in every other game. Why do I have to find a team of 10 random players every time? If the game can find random players for me? I just want to log in a game during the day and play some competitive matches. When I will want to climb ladder, I will play with my team. Other wise... just LET ME PLAY THE GAME!!!
    Aka SoloQ

I just left wow play other really good games until blizz designers comes to their senses and implement a solo Q, just too tired to look for other people to play with all my alts. Or at least let us play all classes on a character like in that other popular MMORPG game everyone knows.

Cannot stress enough there are much better pvp games out there, that match you quickly with your opponents and have no gear restrictions either. I mean, there is only so much time to play and i prefere to play the game and not wait in a lobby all day either finding people on my skill leveln for arenas or just 9 other dudes for rbgs.

Especially the rbg thing turned ugly, after so many pvp guilds just disbanded everything needs to be highly organized via discord now thats no longer a "game" lol

Why put so much effort in just playing the mini side game in wow that is on life support and hardly mentioned by any devs or blue posts?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2021-09-16 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    You want pvp to be more easy and allow noobs to gear and have a chance to compete?

Upgrade 1/5 get item

Upgrade 2/5 1400 rating or 100 arena games won this season

Upgrade 3/5 1600 rating or 300 arena games won this season

Upgrade 4/5 1800 rating or 600 arena games won this season

Upgrade 5/5 2100 rating or 1000 arena games won this season

This would also fix the boosters problem as noobs would just play more and eventually get full gear.
    Should they also make it so that if you clear a raid enough times on LFR, you eventually start getting mythic gear from it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Should they also make it so that if you clear a raid enough times on LFR, you eventually start getting mythic gear from it?
    I know this sounds wild, but I actually think this is pretty decent. 1000 arena wins is quite a lot - most people I see barely even get 1 win nonetheless 1000 - I would stated that maybe NOT the top level gear but maybe the tier below it if someone actually got in 1000 WINS that's quite a feat in a single season unless you're like Pika or some Global Champion that plays every single day all day and gets paid: LFR would be like to compare this would be like clearing a full raid at least 100 times would be equal to probably 1000 arena wins aka you could get heroic level gear (not mythic and same for arena you could get 1800 gear but now 2100 gear)

I'd say the best solution would be to have end of the week vault reward to be from one bracket higher than your current rating. (So if you play at Rival I, you can upgrade items to Rival I, but once a week you get a shot at Rival II gear from your vault). It's already like that in M+.

This way, people who are hardstuck at some bracket, will still progress their character at slow pace.

There's good ideas to improve the current design for PvP gearing here but the problems is... that this design is flawed to begin with.

We just need the old conquest/honor gear and that's it. No need for this rating requirement crap.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    There's good ideas to improve the current design for PvP gearing here but the problems is... that this design is flawed to begin with.

We just need the old conquest/honor gear and that's it. No need for this rating requirement crap.
    1000% this. I also hate the upgrade system. Shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    This is funny, cause after 1000 games won in arenas you should be at least be duelist or elite, if not glad.

The addon with the perfect and most fair gear system was WoD. People blamed WoD for beeing a bad expansion, while it was just a short one and was near perfect pvp wise.

Now this is what people get, a ruined pvp gear progression since Legion with hardly any incentive to play, if you just want the gear.
    WoD was a bad addon in every way. But WoD PvP Gearing was good. Even Legion was better, because you didnt need gear/enchants/sockets at all.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always comical how the 'elite' pvp'ers howl about the 'noobs' getting gear. If you're good at pvp, in comparable gear you should have no problem beating the 'noob.'
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, the best solution is currently out there...

TBC.

Resilience was, at the very end, the best system. Take MoP class balance and use TBC system for gear, ratings and teams.

I think the big issue is how exploitable the system is.

What exactly stops a mediocre (but not terrible)player from just constantly dumping their MMR, collect wins at a super low rating, dump their MMR again and repeat the whole cycle?
    It would make low MMR completely meaningless, because you'd randomnly face opponents that are geared but want to collect easy wins.

Disregarding that this would also affect PvE progression as you could collect solid PvP gear by just grinding out a lot of wins in Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

TBC.

Resilience was, at the very end, the best system. Take MoP class balance and use TBC system for gear, ratings and teams.
    Big issue of TBC (PvP) gearing is absolutely horrendeous for anyone who didn't play PvP early on, as it takes ages until you have the full set of the current Arena season.
    Because however the PvP gear is pretty good for PvE as well, you can't just throw it out for players to catchup because it would neuter a lot of PvE progression.

TBC also had Rating requirements on weapons, which can become a massive hurdle to overcome, Wotlk also had rating requirements on weapons and it often became an issue for players to make the actual leap to the weapon rating so they are competitive with anyone who's near the weapon rating but already has them.

I think there is just a fundamental design issue when you want to design an MMORPG that places a heavy value on character progression, but at the same time also wants to entertain a competitive side where the progression (gear) still matters.

The competitive side dictates that people can catchup as fast as they can, so that they are actually competitive and play the game as they see fit.
    The progression side dictates that you can't throw out gear super easy, else everyone just "completes" the game and is done.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-01-12 at 12:42 PM.

I don't really see the difference. I think that if a noob can get 300 wins he's surely 1600 rating and no longer a noob.
    But not sure how this would fix booster problem, still faster to buy boost.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Always comical how the 'elite' pvp'ers howl about the 'noobs' getting gear. If you're good at pvp, in comparable gear you should have no problem beating the 'noob.'
    This is very very true. I couldn't care less what gear my opponents have as long as mine is equal. All PvP gear should just scale to 259 (or whatever Blizzard wants) in arenas/BGs and then let the ranks on it determine the gear ilvl outside of PvP for world quests or dungeons or whatever. There's virtually no good reason a skilled player wouldn't want this to be the case. The only people who currently benefit from the way gear works is bad players who manage to beat other bad players solely because of gear. Skilled players won't lose because of gear until at like 2k at least, at which point they'll be geared anyway with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

TBC.

Holy fuck please no for the love of all that's fucking holy never go back to the TBC system. Grind dungeons for 50 hours for a starter set of PvP gear, and then do BGs for 200 hours for off pieces, and then you get one or two pieces of arena gear per week depending on your rating and what pieces you want, and you do that for 2 months until you're full geared. Compared to retail, where you queue arenas for a week and you have full gear.

God just thinking about how absolutely horrible the TBC system is makes me so glad I uninstalled that trash.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2022-01-12 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No.

The same reason why people who did +1-5 1000 times doesn't deserve 252ilvl gear.

Effort -> better gear.
    If a player did 6000 arena matches, they DO deserve 252 gear, even if they only won 1 in 5.