Sanctum last boss

Sanctum is great. It really is. Except shard system and sylvanas boss fight. Please dont do 10 min+ fights ever again , its disgustingly boring after some time and wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I haven’t heard this complaint in a while. You have a lot to say it seems. 3 day old account; 10 threads already made with nothing really substantial to say.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-07 at 03:40 PM.

Agree on 10+ min long fights are meh.

Damn, the OP is already banned on a burner account? Here I thought this topic deserved much discussion!
    I haven't gotten onto Sylv in Mythic but as for Heroic, I like the fight besides P1 rive taking too long, the 30second cutscene when you bring 1 alt and it doesn't skip, and they could probably cut half the P2 bridge sequence. P3 to me is totally fine as is, decent enough boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah make a boss that is 4 minutes long but with a 6 minute unskippable cutscene

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the issue with the Sylvanas fight isn't so much the length, but what you do for it. Most of the fight seems to be fighting trash while running across thin platforms to get an interrupt off. There's not really a ton of excitement to that phase. Phase 1 is decent IMO & Phase 3 is fun & frustrating, but Phase 2 feels like a rough wall that never really feels exciting or different from time to time.

Compare that to something like Argus, N'Zoth, or Garrosh. Each of those fights is decently long, but there's a lot going on that makes the fight feel less monotonous & more exciting. The group has to split, adjust for AoE attacks coming out, be watching their feet as much as their damage rotation...those were infinitely more fun feeling to me. Sylvanas feels super grindy & like we aren't doing all that much throughout most of the fight. The group is often clumped together dealing with punishing mechanics that really only seem to come down to a couple people at a time. That's less on your feet & makes tunneling/zoning far easier to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every final boss is boring after a while, due to them having multiple phases you go through each attempt when you progress on last phase. Can't really escape that, since I don't think Blizz will ever do single phase final boss.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-09 at 08:58 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Hey I haven’t heard this complaint in a while. You have a lot to say it seems. 3 day old account; 10 threads already made with nothing really substantial to say.
    only in this case he is correct

sylvanas is jsut garbage fight

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I feel like the issue with the Sylvanas fight isn't so much the length, but what you do for it. Most of the fight seems to be fighting trash while running across thin platforms to get an interrupt off. There's not really a ton of excitement to that phase. Phase 1 is decent IMO & Phase 3 is fun & frustrating, but Phase 2 feels like a rough wall that never really feels exciting or different from time to time.

Compare that to something like Argus, N'Zoth, or Garrosh. Each of those fights is decently long, but there's a lot going on that makes the fight feel less monotonous & more exciting. The group has to split, adjust for AoE attacks coming out, be watching their feet as much as their damage rotation...those were infinitely more fun feeling to me. Sylvanas feels super grindy & like we aren't doing all that much throughout most of the fight. The group is often clumped together dealing with punishing mechanics that really only seem to come down to a couple people at a time. That's less on your feet & makes tunneling/zoning far easier to do.
    Don't glorify nzoth please, that fight was utter garbage from start to finish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I kind of liked it personally. The split team with constant movement in the mob phase, the adjusting to being in or out for the different knockback attacks, the somewhat crazed healing checks at the end. Not a fan of how players are forced to use their cloak to even survive the fight, but otherwise I thought it was well done.

Sylvanas would've been better if the fight was kinda shorter.
    The second phase is cool, but it doesn't feel like a boss fight though. Feels like Carapace of N'Zoth second phase.
    The skippable scenes are fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the worst endurance fight. At least each phase is a different area. I've seen worse fights of 15m that basically use 1 room.

5+ Year Old Account
    Most people probably strongly dislike long fights.

But Blizzard will be Blizzard.

Personally I feel like fights like Sludgefist are the best. Short and intensive.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-09-17 at 04:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I'd hardly call Garrosh the fight of the decade either. Until the mythic only phase it was circling the same room for 15m and then extra phase was circling another room for 2m

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Most people probably strongly dislike long fights.

But Blizzard will be Blizzard.

Personally I feel like fights like Sludgefist are the best. Short and intensive.
    Blackhand was probably the best end tier boss in my opinion because of that. Wasn't a long fight compared to other end tier bosses, but it was intense and impactful.

Jaina was great too.

I don't mind long fights when they're at least exciting and don't load all the hardest stuff at the end making it a chore to try to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I'd hardly call Garrosh the fight of the decade either. Until the mythic only phase it was circling the same room for 15m and then extra phase was circling another room for 2m
    it did feel so much faster though

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    While i enjoyed that fight, it actually was because of the mythic phase, so you are probably right

I think the problem comes from the mid and last phases being hard while you constantly have to progress through the easy phase... if they want to do that I don't get why they dont use a shame of fear mechanic to make it less tedious.