Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    don't think many people will switch for dps reasons.

but i wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a boss where night fae or venthir teleport is a core part of the strat and therefore virtually mandatory.

e.g. do you think they would have nerfed the no-gap spikewall on painsmith if everybody could just swap to a covenant to trivialize that mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Kyrian has always been bis every time I ever looked up warrior pvp, and there are so many other examples available to go through, but sure it's a 'strawman' (you don't even knwo what that buzz word means apparently).

And obviously I'm right since Blizz has pulled the ripcord, and it was very obvious they did not want to, but the overwhelming negative feedback from the playerbase, who must love dunking on that same strawman you mentioned, saying covenants are/were shit the way they pigeon-holed you.
    yeah but war covenant 100% doesn't matter since the class is actually bonkers so, you can legit raid/pvp as kyrian/nf and not lose out on anything.
    Cus that class has 4 pvp viable covenants and 2 that are dead even in raid.

You literally chose the worst class to use as an example lmao

For every boss? On progression maybe. On farm - not going to bother, as you still need to TP out. On farm nights the last thing you want is players TPing out, swapping covenants and binds then taking their sweet time to come back, turning a 60 minute run into 3 hour slog, half of which is AFK wait for others.

People used to swap gear for trash in M+ or raids and you can say this is filthy hardcore minmaxing. But tools for that were in the game for years. Its called equipment manager and it was a matter of creating a "trash gear set". There you go, you can swap gear for max trash DPS with a press of 1 button.

But apparently this was bothering casual Joes so much that they cried, whined and moaned so they made it impossible to change equipment during a M+ run anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    don't think many people will switch for dps reasons.

but i wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a boss where night fae or venthir teleport is a core part of the strat and therefore virtually mandatory.

e.g. do you think they would have nerfed the no-gap spikewall on painsmith if everybody could just swap to a covenant to trivialize that mechanic?
    Yes.

But that's mostly because Blizzard likes to keep certain encounters intentionally more difficult than others at the beginning of a raid tier. (See also: Star Augur.)

Look yeah it's gonna affect Mythic raiders. Some progression groups will require you have the right covenant for each boss. But isn't this the point ppl whined for this? Cause I'm pretty sure those who don't raid didn't go cry on the forums they need covenant swap on demand.
    Also, no bloody cooldown on change. I swear. Ask for something, get it and then be "ohhh wait, that means i will have to actually swap"

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes.

But that's mostly because Blizzard likes to keep certain encounters intentionally more difficult than others at the beginning of a raid tier. (See also: Star Augur.)
    but there would be no difficulty if everybody who struggled could trivially get a blink. and if there is no difficulty there is no reason to nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    but there would be no difficulty if everybody who struggled could trivially get a blink. and if there is no difficulty there is no reason to nerf.
    It's hard to parse something that hasn't happened with something that could have happened. I'd say that the spike intermission requiring a blink is more of an example of a difficulty pain point which makes sense to nerf after the Top ~100ish have already defeated it. It goes the other way too: One could argue that Blizzard wouldn't have designed the encounter like that had they known that Covenants being able to be swapped easily could have trivialized the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's hard to parse something that hasn't happened with something that could have happened. I'd say that the spike intermission requiring a blink is more of an example of a difficulty pain point which makes sense to nerf after the Top ~100ish have already defeated it. It goes the other way too: One could argue that Blizzard wouldn't have designed the encounter like that had they known that Covenants being able to be swapped easily could have trivialized the mechanic.
    blizz aint that good at predicting player strategies.

maybe we get lucky, but the venthir teleport is basically an extra gateway, and gateways are pretty darn core parts of a lot of strats lately so i'm not holding my breath.

So swapping covenants does not reset your renown but get you to the renown you had previously on that covenant before you left it?

So if you want to change covenants for progression, if renown is not character wide at renown 80, you would still have to level every covenant's renown?

well its better than before but still, why not make just one renown for all covenants?

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    For a mythic completion raider in the upcoming tier? Based on class... are you looking forward to possibly swapping for every boss for progression if necessary for mechanics?

Also is the balance there or the niches to be filled in lower roster guilds that this would've helped in sanctum progression had you been able to swap your main roster over covenants now?
    i see that you dont raid mythic cuz the last 4 bosses need a dps stop (minus guardian but hes a kekw 5 pull boss lol)..

If you are still progressing then this is a l2p problem and not a cov. one lol dps wont help trash players as i mentioned cuz there are not dps checks
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2021-09-09 at 10:18 AM.
    I.O BFA Season 3