Suggestion: Ensure at least one moderator is able to be contacted at all times.

I say this because we have a guy in the political section who effectively just called sexually active women degenerates in an effort to defend the new abortion law in Texas. Reported him the normal way.

I just came off of a ban myself where I intentionally said something to get myself banned. Had a guy actively endorsing endangering children, ended up reporting him to every moderator on that section, getting myself banned and reporting him in the Ban Appeal section.

I was going to report this guy for his crap but every moderator in our section says they are offline, went to look for the moderators of another section to let them hand it off to someone who could handle it and the site says all of them is offline.There should be at least SOMEONE that can be contacted over the trolls and the nut jobs.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I say this because we have a guy in the political section who effectively just called sexually active women degenerates in an effort to defend the new abortion law in Texas. Reported him the normal way.

I just came off of a ban myself where I intentionally said something to get myself banned. Had a guy actively endorsing endangering children, ended up reporting him to every moderator on that section, getting myself banned and reporting him in the Ban Appeal section.

I was going to report this guy for his crap but every moderator in our section says they are offline, went to look for the moderators of another section to let them hand it off to someone who could handle it and the site says all of them is offline.There should be at least SOMEONE that can be contacted over the trolls and the nut jobs.
    It is sadly difficult with volunteer moderation, as well as a majority being US placed as well (If I recall)?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    So ban people with opinions you don't like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Report it anyway. They can't ensure coverage 24/7 because mods are all volunteers and are not here on any schedule; they make an effort to find people in different time zones to spread that out, but it's still really dependent on who volunteers and qualifies, first and foremost.

The reports go into a forum that mods check. It may not get handled right away, but it will​ get handled.

Which isn't the same as saying the mods will necessarily agree it's worth action, but still.

I don't think banning someone on a forum requires that kind of immediate attention. Report and they, hopefully, get to it when they log on. Or send a PM to them if you really want to...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I used to volunteer as a moderator on a dog forum a couple years back.

It was almost impossible for us 10 mods to cover every report that came in the moment it came, but we went through and took action as we had time to. No report went unchecked.

So, report. It WILL get seen and if actionable, taken care of.

Moderators are volunteers. Report problematic posts and they'll be handled when they are reviewed.