Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heritage armor for other races ?

Why the f it takes 2 years to get the remaining heritage armors that they promised,how on earth multibillion company needs resources for freaking few sets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Why the f it takes 2 years to get the remaining heritage armors that they promised,how on earth multibillion company needs resources for freaking few sets

Cuz heritage armor is at the top of your list.

Maybe they'll do it next expansion. Until then you could always buy their latest transmog set on the store.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Don't they also come with like, a quest chain too? That's more resources than just some art assets.

They promised it,and said it will come in 0.5patches,dont care about quests and crap.It should be easy and fast.

- - - Updated - - -

They cant even update skyboxes in old zones.Cuz resources roflllll

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They promised it,and said it will come in 0.5patches,dont care about quests and crap.It should be easy and fast.

- - - Updated - - -

No they didn’t. Show me where they promised that we would get heritage armor in every .5 patch? Oh and also the heritage armor has always come in a major patch - 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3. So yeah your claim is wrong

,dont care about quests and crap.It should be easy and fast.
    Saddest, and funniest thing about this is that the Heritage Armor comes from a race-specific Questline that, when given the resources, have turned out to be pretty fun little scenarios.

And then I just extend the question, if you don't care about "quests and crap" what makes you care about the 'Heritage' aspect of your Heritage Armor anyways?

What's cooler about, for example the Tauren set, if you don't care at all about the "quests and crap" that make up Tauren lore ingame.

It's kind of like if I said I just want to eat all the Italian food I want, but I openly declared that I don't care about the history of Italian people. How does that make me look? lol

Or for your chosen race, why do you even want Heritage Armor at this point?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    11.0 at this rate
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

it's a low priority because heritage armour for each race is mostly only for those who play that race, even for the most popular races that's still only a portion of the playerbase... sure the rest of us might enjoy seeing a bit more variety in the mogs out there but how many of the mog sets on other players do any of us really notice?
    as a result it's a low priority compared to content that will be experienced by the majority. also why things like alternate warlock pet forms, druid forms, etc take so long to come. it's not about how much work it takes but about how much of the playerbase benefits from the work. so sometimes we end up waiting a long time

personally though I'd rather they take the time to do a good job of it rather than rush something. it's been fun unlocking the heritage armours with the little questlines, especially given how little the storyline of most of the races develops otherwise

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Where did they promise this? Or are you talking out of your ass

It would cost a raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Don't they also come with like, a quest chain too? That's more resources than just some art assets.
    It wouldn't kill Blizzard - a multiebillion dollar company with a dev team of hundreds working on WoW - to set aside one or two quest designers to program in quests for a few weeks. Only real expense would be recording the voice lines.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    It's kind of like if I said I just want to eat all the Italian food I want, but I openly declared that I don't care about the history of Italian people. How does that make me look? lol
    It just makes you hungry for Italian food, that's all. He isn't right or wrong for how he feels about heritage armor, it's just an opinion. Although I think if they decided to go the route of quick acquisition it would be more feasible to create more varieties of heritage gear, which to me is more important than having indepth questing experiences to acquire said equipment.

They didn't promise anything other than "more will come in the future." They never, ever said anything remotely like "it'll come in every .5 patch" or anything.

Settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Or for your chosen race, why do you even want Heritage Armor at this point?
    Tauren and Blood Elves were the races in the most dire need of heritage armor, as prior to their implementation players could not dress like Blood Elves as depicted in the games and in art. For 15 years, we couldn't dress like actual Tauren depicted in WC3, art, and worn by NPCs such as Baine. Couldn't wear the feathery headdresses or the clothes or anything. Tauren heritage armor is literally the only armor in the game that lets players dress like a Tauren. There is a reason why almost every Tauren RPer nowadays uses pieces from that set. We still can't even wield the giant logs/totems as weapons.

Regular Draenei are in need of heritage armor. You can't quite obtain armor that looks like what they wear in the art. There is that one paladin set in BC that looks like Maraad's armor, and that's it.

Would also be very nice if non-Kul'Tiran human players (and other races in general) could get long coats, as Greymane wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The voice acting is probably more of a feat than creating the armor or quest tbh.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-09-08 at 10:26 PM.

It was stated that they would do the rest of the heritage armor sets but they also want them to make sense story-wise.
    Outside of the gnome heritage quest I think most other quest lines connected to the base setting of BfA.

It literally makes no sense to jump from the Shadowlands into Stormwind to do some Stormwind human heritage quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    It was stated that they would do the rest of the heritage armor sets but they also want them to make sense story-wise.
    Outside of the gnome heritage quest I think most other quest lines connected to the base setting of BfA.

It literally makes no sense to jump from the Shadowlands into Stormwind to do some Stormwind human heritage quests.
    Uhhhhhh

None of the heritage armor quests have tied in to the expansion plot. They could very easily throw in a Stormwind human quest with the assumption that it takes place before the events of shadowlands, like tge rest of tgem.

Human, Night Elf, Orc and Undead got Warfront sets which are 4x Heritage Armor sets.

Trolls, Draenei, and Pandaren are still on the shit end of the stick though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Human, Night Elf, Orc and Undead got Warfront sets which are 4x Heritage Armor sets.

Trolls, Draenei, and Pandaren are still on the shit end of the stick though.
    Except they aren't? Just because they share a theme doesn't mean they're heritage armor sets. There is plenty of racially themed gear throughout the game...doesn't make it heritage gear...

Just because they're a top priority for you doesn't mean they're a top priority to the people making the game.

I can think of about 100 things I'd rather see added/fixed than Heritage armor sets right now, even as a massive fan of them.