Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Why the hell do there need to be nego elves? They never existed. Are people so insecure about themselves that they need every race to have a black version of a pre-existing one, just to reflect the american reality, even though it doesn't make sense?
    Wait, what am I talking about, this is people from California at work.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2021-09-09 at 11:17 AM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Difference there is she had no hand in designing the game at all. She’s not a Dev but an author who writes WoW stuff, big difference
    this argument makes zero sense,so what if they arent a dev?why does that matter?they removed the name of a problematic person but kept the other

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this argument makes zero sense,so what if they arent a dev?why does that matter?they removed the name of a problematic person but kept the other
    It's all about tribalism.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

    https://i.imgur.com/NOT6E5h.png

    is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    This was obviously done before. There are also tons of NPCs, items, places, quests and achievements that are references to people and popculture. They can't really remove all of them and she has afaik not being "disgraced" yet, since half the team shares her views anyway (it's actually a surprise that this recent stuff only came out now). They will probably stop naming NPCs after people and popculture in the future though, as the radical ultra far left on their team will be the target of the twitter mobs of tomorrow. The icon of today might be a predator later and I doubt they'd exclude women from that, at least the business savvy people that know where all of this is going.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I think the mount has too much armor. They should back off on it a bit, and it would make this mount look better. But I still appreciate the effort they've put into it.
    While I'm not entirely satisfied,it beats the fugly elekk. So I will gladly take it. ^^

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I'll doubt they'll bother with re-recording the voiced over lines since it's not exactly cheap, especially for legacy content. I thought they would just modify the spelling to match up with the pronunciation of the name, but I guess that wasn't what they considered to be a significant enough change.
    They went out of their way for the Kaelthas VA, who was proven innocent even. Getting someone in to stutter Velen's two voice lines and 3 for the random female draenei general would surely not cost them an arm and a leg. Though they might just delete it and change the ingame text.
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-09-09 at 12:05 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  5. #85
    Mac'Aree has been renamed to Eredath
    Black comedy.

  6. #86
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North America/Not Canada
    Posts
    1,734
    Why are there never any changes to Shadow Priest for PvE? I want a buff. >_<
    Can we please get ONE good, complete on launch expansion? They had even longer to make Shadowlands than BFA and it managed to launch with LESS content. The absolute hell.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s in no way a nerf. Damage still remains full damage to the primary 5 targets, it just gets reduced beyond that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There’s no way that Death Chakram goes live. 10% increased damage from you and your pet until cancelled. Am I misunderstanding that?
    It absolutely is a dps nerf. Bladestorm does full damage to 8 targets currently, reduce that to 5 and you will have to hit 13 targets to break even. A complete nerf to abilities that capped at 8 before.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by raticatearea52 View Post
    It absolutely is a dps nerf. Bladestorm does full damage to 8 targets currently, reduce that to 5 and you will have to hit 13 targets to break even. A complete nerf to abilities that capped at 8 before.
    It’s only a nerf if we stick to the pull quota that we have now. If tanks stick to pulling 6-8 mobs at a time, then yeah, some classes might have a nerf to them. Others, that were capped at 5, will have a buff.
    If tanks are able to survive and pull upwards of 10+ mobs, and you’re able to hit all of them, and damage reduction isn’t too severe, then that would be an overall buff, correct?
    I also look at the fact that if everyone is brought in line with each other then it would be an overall buff to the group as well, since the caps are gone and everyone can hit the same amount of targets equally.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm Mr. More Customization, but I can't help but laugh that the Alliance essentially have Blood Elves Plus now - Blood Elves with better racials* and a level advantage.

    What's even better is I'm sure in some context this will be argued to prove Blizzard's Horde bias.

    *I don't know or care if this applies to pvp. Pvp is a mini-game in an MMO. They're more fun to play with and haven't gone through a ruinous nerf like Arcane Torrent has.
    No, that's not how it is.

    Void Elves have Void Elf options
    Blood Elves have Blood Elf options
    Both have High Elf options

    You'll probably see more effort being made to give Blood Elves their own aesthetic away from both High Elves and Void Elves, and the same for Void Elves. If I had to guess, because Blizzard loves their mirrors, Blood Elves will get more focus on the Sunwell/light aesthetic that Void Elves cannot access, while Void Elves will get more focus on the Void aesthetic that Blood Elves can't access.

    And in the middle, there will be the basic, simple High Elf aesthetic offered to both races.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s only a nerf if we stick to the pull quota that we have now. If tanks stick to pulling 6-8 mobs at a time, then yeah, some classes might have a nerf to them. Others, that were capped at 5, will have a buff.
    If tanks are able to survive and pull upwards of 10+ mobs, and you’re able to hit all of them, and damage reduction isn’t too severe, then that would be an overall buff, correct?
    I also look at the fact that if everyone is brought in line with each other then it would be an overall buff to the group as well, since the caps are gone and everyone can hit the same amount of targets equally.
    Its a nerf to some abilities and a small buff to others. Dreadnaught and Whirlwind will do more sure, since they only hit 5 to begin with. I wouldn't count on tanks all of a sudden changing routes and pulls to make sure i get 13 targets or 5. So overall, i will lose bladestorm damage, and gain a small amount of damage from other abilities.

  11. #91
    Ignoring for a moment the reasons why they're making the name change... Eredath is a vastly better name. Like, by a lot. Even if Mac'Aree wasn't associated with a person involved in the systemic sexual harassment of company employees, I'd still support changing the name to Eredath.

  12. #92
    The new name sounds better and now they should think about renaming the company, but that might be pointless when they have a turd leading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

  13. #93
    Mac'Aree was pretty dumb to start with... but it was also more distant from "McCree" ...

    But ok. If Mac'Aree was named by the devs in honor of Mr. McCree then good, it's gone, we can move on.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It's the virtual equivalent of erecting a statue for someone. It's perfectly reasonable for Blizzard to yank those references down when they parted ways with the employee on not so good terms. Doesn't matter how vague the references might have been to you or anyone else.
    no it isn't , let not even start why erasing history is a bad thing and the fact you comparing these two things being appalling...

    it's just virtue signiling and diversion for the real issue or did you forget blizzard was shreding evidence two week ago? do you really think they had some suddenly change of heart regarding this?

    nobody knew who the fuck this guy was two weeks a go(some people still doesn't), the character macree(overwatch) and the zone(Mac'aree) were already their own thing with their own lore and were completely separated from the guy

    but of course it's easier to gain some brownie point on social media than to fix their work culture
    Last edited by Miross; 2021-09-09 at 01:40 PM.

  15. #95
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Remember when they changed the Voice overs and actor for Kael'thas after FALSE accusations?

    And then they kept that racist Roux after REAL twitts?

    Lmao
    Double-standard Blizz. That company is beyond redemption.



    Do you have slightly idea what does "the train" mean?
    She's in fact a racist and deserves to be fully deleted from the game and lose her job in Blizzard, just as other people did, even for less.
    Roux doesn’t work at blizzard she never did she was a contractor for a book they literally can’t lose her job at blizzard as she doesn’t have one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Roux doesn’t work at blizzard she never did she was a contractor for a book they literally can’t lose her job at blizzard as she doesn’t have one.
    They can stop associating with her and remove or rename her NPC as well if they're so against "le problematik" stuff. But I guess "freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence," only applies when you don't share an ideology with that person.

  17. #97
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They can stop associating with her and remove or rename her NPC as well if they're so against "le problematik" stuff. But I guess "freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence," only applies when you don't share an ideology with that person.
    Sure they can but I doubt any one in-house really cares about what some one else says on Twitter compared to actual issues happening in the work environment to people actually working there still so it’s not likely to be high on the priority list.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    no it isn't , let not even start why erasing history is a bad thing
    Do you keep Christmas decorations up all year round, because taking them down is erasing history?

    Seriously. History is kept in Museums, books and Wikipedia. His history isn't being removed because he n longer has a continent named after him, they're just no longer celebrating him.

    he character macree(overwatch) and the zone(Mac'aree) were already their own thing with their own lore and were completely separated from the guy
    Completely separate. Other than the name. And that they were given their names specifically to honour him.

  19. #99
    Is anyone else noticing that the right-most female void-elf looks like Storm from X-Men.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    no it isn't , let not even start why erasing history is a bad thing and the fact you comparing these two things being appalling...

    it's just virtue signiling and diversion for the real issue or did you forget blizzard was shreding evidence two week ago? do you really think they had some suddenly change of heart regarding this?

    nobody knew who the fuck this guy was two weeks a go(some people still doesn't), the character macree(overwatch) and the zone(Mac'aree) were already their own thing with their own lore and were completely separated from the guy

    but of course it's easier to gain some brownie point on social media than to fix their work culture
    Ah shit, you’re one of THOSE people who can’t tell the difference between a memorial and a historical account. Guess that’s to be expected when part of your argument hinges on your personal ignorance. Sure YOU didn’t know or care about the connection between the ex-employee and the references, but that doesn’t mean they ceased to exist. Of course the characters and zone had their own lore, but they were still named after this specific guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •