Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, I'm exact player, who don't do raiding, M+ and PVP. Because such kinds of content would put too many obligations on me. Including social obligations. Because you can't just join guild and say "carry me", as it's claimed by some pro-social guys here. You must do something in return. Such as doing some group content with them, when they call you, even when you want to do your own business. And whole casual gameplay is about doing things today, you have good mood for. I don't do PVP not because it's not casual, but because Meta things are more punishing there. And Meta "discipline" - is one of that "obligations" thing. You're forced to play certain way just to be "competitive" enough to have fun game. If you decide to play game your way - you most likely gimp yourself and fall behind. And if falling behind isn't that bad in PVE, in PVP it's much more sensible.

And therefore, yeah. Casual content "route" - is my biggest problem now. What goal should I have in mind, when I create new alt to level? That I'll level him to 60, skip everything, may be get basic Covenant rewards for doing campaign for 2 days. And what's next? That's it? Just a few days of endgame playing and I need to level new character? You know. When leveling and endgame aren't balanced - you usually start to get sick of leveling pretty fast.

I'm not even understanding; what the heck do you even do as a "casual" player? If you don't do any of those things (M+, raid, pvp) what exactly are you doing in the game? Like, do you just go around fishing? Collecting old gear -- which was made much easier? I mean, idk what else a "casual" player actually does, for real. I certainly wouldn't skip leveling/covenant content if I were a casual player, because what the heck else is there to do -- run around Oribos?

badges and badges gear like WotLK would be the best thing they could do (next to flying in current content but with Ion i don't see the happening). I agree for the casual/average skill level person WoW is lacking, and 9.1.5 is not going to change that.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I'm not even understanding; what the heck do you even do as a "casual" player? If you don't do any of those things (M+, raid, pvp) what exactly are you doing in the game? Like, do you just go around fishing? Collecting old gear -- which was made much easier? I mean, idk what else a "casual" player actually does, for real. I certainly wouldn't skip leveling/covenant content if I were a casual player, because what the heck else is there to do -- run around Oribos?
    dunno why you're entertaining him bc you could legit do all of the covenant activities rn and grind all the cosmetics without even speaking to another soul

kid is just like every other mmo-c whine post creator

This is why i stopped posting in wow discussions. Theres a huge disconnect between mmo players and modern wow gamers. We just... dont get one another, and i really believe its irreconcilable.

Content for the solo oriented casual player is actually fine now, in fact SL might be the best expansion ever for them. If you don't raid (other than LFR), do M+ or PvP you are not actually missing anything. You can eventually get near heroic raid level gear just by doing dailies and you can craft legendary items without having to do M+. Dungeons in general are completely optional other than some story parts but those can be done on normal. If you need a group for some world content like elite calling quest just start one and it fills instantly.

I've played like this for several months now and I'm very much enjoying it (except that I do miss raiding a bit). I don't touch 5 mans at all any more and since I don't have to care about legendaries I very rarely do Torghast. World content is enough to progress your character, albeit slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    This is why i stopped posting in wow discussions. Theres a huge disconnect between mmo players and modern wow gamers. We just... dont get one another, and i really believe its irreconcilable.
    MMO's interpretation of "casual" is extremely biased. In real world extreme casual - is player, who plays "3 in a row" during lunch at his work. But MMOs has some different interpretations, like "I'm casual, if I don't do WF race Myhic raiding". They should understand, that if I have time and desire to level two servers full of characters in order to run Garrisons on them (not for gold, but just for fun) - then I'm not even casual. Because this work is as hard or even harder, than play for 2 hours of raid time every week.

Here's a crazy idea.

Quit.

If there is nothing for you that fits your definition of "casual", then unsub for now. As a "casual" since 2007, I think a lot of those QoL changes are fantastic. Its not like we need the best gear for our various activities. Mounting in the Maw/Korthia has made a tremendous difference in those zones. Just another whine thread because they don't make the game how you want it.

IDK where I fall in that dichotomy. I've played many-a-MMO, so I have to be considered one of those.... but I assume a modern wow gamer plays for M+ etc, which I also do? I guess I don't know what makes someone a "Modern WoW Gamer" and someone an "MMO Player"; seems like some made up way to classify people... running around Goldshire doesn't make someone more of an MMO player than someone that Raids, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Welcome to World Of Warcraft....Where the developers don't give a shit about their player Base. Just their MAU's. Enjoy your stay.
    See above for facts. #facts #thismanisnotwrong

9.1.5 seems fine for a filler patch, nothing major. The Tower (if rumors are true), is quite casual.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Eh, I'm still busy collecting- and upgrading Korthia gear, working on Covenants, and I still have a bunch of alts to get to 60. That'll keep me occupied for a few months yet. No raiding, no mythics, no PVP. Not interested.

Remove Covenant campaign requirement from Coventant rewards - they should be obtainable via Anima only. Remove souls. Remove gifts. Give 1k anima for completing every calling. Overall increase of Anima rewards.

And only then it's possible, that SL's casual content will be bearable.
    This isn't "casual", this is "giving everything for free to people who don't log in a lot" thus making content trivial for people who do log in a lot---nothing to work for and nothing to do.

Fun times. Oh wait. Not.

IDK where I fall in that dichotomy. I've played many-a-MMO, so I have to be considered one of those.... but I assume a modern wow gamer plays for M+ etc, which I also do? I guess I don't know what makes someone a "Modern WoW Gamer" and someone an "MMO Player"; seems like some made up way to classify people... running around Goldshire doesn't make someone more of an MMO player than someone that Raids, does it?
    People self-classify because they cant accept their position in the hierarchy of things, and when it comes to non-material things there cant be a proper arguement, so you cant counter-argue.

A trend i have noticed and said before, many of the newer generation of MMO gamers are players that started with something like Skyrim, empty irrelevant "open-world" and Single player Questlines, which because of a combination of low skill and young age it lasted more than it should.

They expect the same from a MMO, they dont know that there are different MMO genres and you playing a MMORPG, NOT A plain RPG.

And in case of WoW you are playing a nowdays a MMOARPG, which is more action than RPG since it evolved with time, and eventually, no matter how bad they are, they reach the part where the actual World of Warcraft starts, aka you either raid, or log off.

But this younger generation and many older self-proclaimed "casuals", do not understand this, or dont accept the design of the game cause "MAH SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE"

Perhaps i misspoke. Would 'power and ilvl obsessed gamer' be more suited to you? Or shall we discuss the merits and demerits of this classification as well (until we open up another group of exceptions and qualifiers)? Or would you rather we just all be classified as 'gamers' with diffuse interests and just accept that some people would rather play for a 'different' type of fun and entertainment outside of the three pillar content foisted upon them (as the only correct way to play and enjoy the game)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People self-classify because they cant accept their position in the hierarchy of things, and when it comes to non-material things there cant be a proper arguement, so you cant counter-argue.

A trend i have noticed and said before, many of the newer generation of MMO gamers are players that started with something like Skyrim, empty irrelevant "open-world" and Single player Questlines, which because of a combination of low skill and young age it lasted more than it should.

They expect the same from a MMO, they dont know that there are different MMO genres and you playing a MMORPG, NOT A plain RPG.

And in case of WoW you are playing a nowdays a MMOARPG, which is more action than RPG since it evolved with time, and eventually, no matter how bad they are, they reach the part where the actual World of Warcraft starts, aka you either raid, or log off.

But this younger generation and many older self-proclaimed "casuals", do not understand this, or dont accept the design of the game cause "MAH SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE"
    Go ahead and prove my point, why dont you? Its gestalt. You keep insisting its a duck. 'Theres only one way to actually enjoy and experience the game'. Its irreconcilable.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-09 at 12:44 PM.

Overall casual goals from old xpacks:
    WotLK: Perform badge runs and pug raids
    Cata: Same, but overtuned content ruined this goal, may be LFR sets in 4.3
    MOP: Almost nothing, if you hate mandatory rep grinds and claustrophobic "sandbox" isles
    Not sure why you seem to dislike MOP so much when it had pretty much perfected the "badge" system? As a casual it was my favorite expac, because LFR giving actually decent loot and the Valor grind gave me semi-long term goals while still having time to level and decently gear a couple of alts. You also have a rather unique opinion of Timeless Isle, which IMO is still the best iteration of its kind solely because how beautiful and chill it was and how easy it was to get alt catch-up gear.

The improvement WoW needs and has needed since WoD dropped is goddamned badge/Valor gear that can be farmed painlessly through solo queue tools like it used to be from 3.3.3 to 5.4. For as long as WoW devs keep ignoring this obvious but very simple fact, I will keep subscribing to that other MMORPG that does exactly that but even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy28 View Post
    Not sure why you seem to dislike MOP so much when it had pretty much perfected the "badge" system? As a casual it was my favorite expac, because LFR giving actually decent loot and the Valor grind gave me semi-long term goals while still having time to level and decently gear a couple of alts. You also have a rather unique opinion of Timeless Isle, which IMO is still the best iteration of its kind solely because how beautiful and chill it was and how easy it was to get alt catch-up gear.

The improvement WoW needs and has needed since WoD dropped is goddamned badge/Valor gear that can be farmed painlessly through solo queue tools like it used to be from 3.3.3 to 5.4. For as long as WoW devs keep ignoring this obvious but very simple fact, I will keep subscribing to that other MMORPG that does exactly that but even better.
    please do and don't come back because badge babies are the literal worst

God this is such a huge whine thread over such small reasons.

Take some responsibility for your own unhappiness with the game and stop playing.

But I suppose I should not have expected any more, or any less, with threads constantly trashing the game and whining over such dumb shit from an account called “WoW is Dead”

The Jailer is basically Thanos... he's collecting the Infinity Stones Covenant Sigils to attain ultimate power. Then all he needs to do is simply snap his fingers, then *poof* there goes 50% of WoW's subscribers.

All of this time we thought Blizzard was hard at work on our games. As it turns out, they were just hard at work.

In my case m+ is just way more casual than actually scheduling my life around raid nights with more and more strangers. The idea of raids and guilds is not exactly non-mmorpg, but I personally think the concept is rather outdated and cumbersome in a modern sense. Organizing 5 people I somewhat care about is way easier than 20.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Fixes for some of the old raid scaling stuff that they broke then lied about would be an easily implemented fix for "casual content", and there's maybe some hope that could happen.

But yeah no new asset stuff seems to be in 9.1.5 really, 9.2 is gonna be the real test of direction.

Making casual content is pointless. The best of it is just normal content watered down to next to no difficulty. Trying to design casual content simply wastes time.