Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Highmountain Tauren Customization Options Preview

New Highmountain Tauren Customization Options Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello everyone!

We hope that you’re enjoying the new customization options that are now available on the 9.1.5 PTR for Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, and Void Elves. We’re loving all the screenshots of the new looks that have been shared so far and we appreciate all your feedback.

We want to add some more excitement to your day. Remember when we said that we’ve set our sights on Highmountain Tauren next? Well… those new customization options for Highmountain Tauren are currently targeted to be implemented in time for 9.1.5! Here’s a sneak peek at some of those options.

New Highmountain Tauren Customization Options

A new red stripe of paint on a cow? Groundbreaking stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    the tail stuff is kinda cool

I mean its better than nothing. Right?

Looking at the underwear from the back... is it being held together by a single thread past the tail? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even care so much about customization crap? What is with people today and their obsession with superficial shit? Video games seem to be more about skins, dances, and emotes nowadays than actually being a fun fucking game. Back in my day our avatars looked the exact same with 4 polygons and we were happy. Now everyone has to be preeeeetttyyy and uniqqquuueee. Every single game has become Barbie Dressup Simulator. Jesus
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2021-09-09 at 07:31 PM.

I don't like the broken horn/tusk/antler look. Looks janky. Homeless cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Why do people even care so much about customization crap? What is with people today and their obsession with superficial shit? Video games seem to be more about skins, dances, and emotes nowadays than actually being a fun fucking game. Jesus
    In the case of MMOs and RPGs, customization is king. That's nothing new.

The more time people spend in digital realms the more they'll want to have some individuality vs. other players.

None of this should come at the sacrifice of good gameplay, but we've proven we can have both in other games. It should be here too. Plus, WoW is so very far behind in this area, a push here is just them playing catch-up.

Why do people even care so much about customization crap? What is with people today and their obsession with superficial shit? Video games seem to be more about skins, dances, and emotes nowadays than actually being a fun fucking game. Back in my day our avatars looked the exact same with 4 polygons and we were happy. Now everyone has to be preeeeetttyyy and uniqqquuueee. Every single game has become Barbie Dressup Simulator. Jesus
    What does the R in RPG stand for?
    There's your answer, champ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even care so much about customization crap?
    Because people like pretty things.

More news at 11.

Formerly known as Arafal

wow, this nearly made me resub again, not.
    i love this forum, some people think wow was once the best mmorpg with 12m players (which it never had).
    during that 12m peak i alone had 20 accounts for "automated reasons", i knew guys with 100´s of accounts "automating stuff".
    + bonusfact, most people bought a 2nd acc to RAF themselves to get the ugly zhevra mount.

blizzard games were always mediocre, and they will always stay that.
    enjoy this game which never had more than 5m real players

Will wait for the day they "restart" this game alla eso of ff.

Character customization is a core element of RPG games. It's realy helpful to play a role you want if your character looks the part. On top of that in online video games some people want to express themselves through their character. As for me I would also add that I just like customizing my characters and I since I don't have much time nor I enjoy endgame that much so I like spending time in game working on making my characters look like I want them to.

They spent so much time and effort making new brilliant fully expandable customization system. It's nice to see they are actually using that expandibility to add more customization througout the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    You were "happy" because you didn't know better.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. All that comes to my mind now is: Super Cow! I just can't wait for the new story content. My mage will be never a cow but I can still gaze upon my very beautiful friends.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-09-09 at 08:46 PM.

So you're telling me there is no real content in this patch, and there are zero plans for new content? Great.

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    So you're telling me there is no real content in this patch, and there are zero plans for new content? Great.
    its a .5 patch. they never add any major content stuff for those.

Will regular Tauren see some of these new customizations too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Its almost as if customization doesn't take too long to make and this could've happened a patch ago

Damn, the things they can develop and come up with whenever the big dollar signs are threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    wow, this nearly made me resub again, not.
    i love this forum, some people think wow was once the best mmorpg with 12m players (which it never had).
    during that 12m peak i alone had 20 accounts for "automated reasons", i knew guys with 100´s of accounts "automating stuff".
    + bonusfact, most people bought a 2nd acc to RAF themselves to get the ugly zhevra mount.

blizzard games were always mediocre, and they will always stay that.
    enjoy this game which never had more than 5m real players

Will wait for the day they "restart" this game alla eso of ff.
    Imagine being so bitter you make up blatant bullshit about having multiple friends who spend over $3,000 a month on WoW to downplay the number of people it had during it's peak, as if even if that obviously made up nonsense were true it would even make a dent in the number of players during the peak of the game.

Woop! More customization is alright with me!

WoW's got a superior selection of different races to other MMORPGs, but the race-by-race customization options always lagged behind. The more they add, the more superior it'll get.

"B-b-but boob sliders!" - I'd rather have tightly designed looks than sliders so that Joe Schmoe's character can have bigger boobs than those of his friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Imagine being so bitter you make up blatant bullshit about having multiple friends who spend over $3,000 a month on WoW to downplay the number of people it had during it's peak, as if even if that obviously made up nonsense were true it would even make a dent in the number of players during the peak of the game.
    Lmao, he joins the ranks of those claiming that "half of the WOTLK subs didn't count cuz China".

Absolute corker.