Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    This.

I have plenty of the timed rewards. I want others to enjoy them too. FOMO only breeds elitism and "back in my day"-mentality that pushes new players away.

Do you have any idea how many people I have had who whispered me about my druid CM set and mage tower tank form asking where I got it only to be super disappointed when I tell them they are no longer available? That shit is demotivating as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Like someone else mentioned here, what about giving you a token when completing a certain bracket that allows you to buy earlier season's elite sets? Similar to how you can buy the black warmounts from RBG runs.
    blizzard asked the pvp community if they should bring back old elite sets (for rating req) but pvp community bluntly said no to it (which is a shame beacuse some old elite sets are pretty neat and it wouild be fun to see them again. last time i saw someone with a cata elite set was probably 5 years ago,no point of stuff being so rare that nobody even know it exsist)

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    blizzard asked the pvp community if they should bring back old elite sets (for rating req) but pvp community bluntly said no to it (which is a shame beacuse some old elite sets are pretty neat and it wouild be fun to see them again. last time i saw someone with a cata elite set was probably 5 years ago,no point of stuff being so rare that nobody even know it exsist)
    To be fair they also asked the mythic (then heroic) community if they should remove meta and boss mounts at roughly the same time just a bit later. They said no but it was to late for the war bear and naxx meta mounts.

Considering I was only good on a very select few handful of specs and still managed to get all 36 skins proves the Mage Tower was definitely casual content. Sure day 1 it was actually difficult; I did it quite undergeared as Moonkin (my main at the time) and it still took me 7 attempts, but when the Argus tier was out and you could just overpower it with a whole tier of gear (kinda same with the Warlock Green Fire quest for example) just proved that anyone could do it by overpowering it. Hell, with my alt characters, I just got passive gear from the order hall/WQs to do them. Were they a bit difficult? Sure, but I studied up on what I needed to do and still managed just fine.

So yeah, point unproven. If you weren't good enough to do Mage Tower, idk what to tell you. That said, I think bringing it back is a great idea since some of those fights were actually really fun to do.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

lol what would the point be of the mage towers returning if not for any sort of reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What part of what I said can you even believe is BS? That it'd take time to keep it the same as it was through all updates forever? That it was meant to be a somewhat difficult challenge with an exclusive reward with bragging rights? Both of those are basically hard facts, so I'm genuinely not sure what you're on about.
    The part you justify removing content because otherwise blizz needs to constantly balance it, which is false considering it was never balanced to begin with.

Not taking anything atm, but I'm open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I call BS. Mage tower wasn't balanced to begin with. For some classes (looking at you FDK) it wad hell, while same encounter for far less geared DH was a breeze.
    All of my actual wat.jpg's.

I literally one-shot it as Frost DK with only one relic in my weapon, in PVP-spec, with the free attempt. No consumables, I followed 0 guides.
    Whereas Havoc DH was the only one I had to postpone due to sheer difficulty, several times. I had two DHs, I forced myself to raid to get gear. And I haaaate Cataclysm-and-beyond-raiding so much. First time I raided since Heroic Dragon Soul. And even with all of that, I still had to wait for the Artifact overload event for it to happen. And even with that, I needed 384 further attempts. (I followed 0 guides with this one too, as with all 36 specs)
    Havoc DH was the hardest of all specs with such a margin it is insane, whereas Frost DK was completely free. For me, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    recolours are for timewalking, tower returns with new and old rewards
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    All of my actual wat.jpg's.

I literally one-shot it as Frost DK with only one relic in my weapon, in PVP-spec, with the free attempt. No consumables, I followed 0 guides.
    Whereas Havoc DH was the only one I had to postpone due to sheer difficulty, several times. I had two DHs, I forced myself to raid to get gear. And I haaaate Cataclysm-and-beyond-raiding so much. First time I raided since Heroic Dragon Soul. And even with all of that, I still had to wait for the Artifact overload event for it to happen. And even with that, I needed 384 further attempts. (I followed 0 guides with this one too, as with all 36 specs)
    Havoc DH was the hardest of all specs with such a margin it is insane, whereas Frost DK was completely free. For me, at least.
    You must have been handling something horrifically wrong on your dh, maybe not realizing a few things could be dbl jumped over? Such as the "icicle cage" thing. The DH one was considered very easy. As for your frost DK anecdote I don't remember it being crazy hard since I did my dk ones after antorus' release and had raid gear on it but you probably had more then 1 relic even if the others were leveling or from just basic max level WQ rewards cause missing 2 relics would put your weapon over 100 item levels behind. I don't doubt it being 1 shottable if you waited for for the overload or something though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    recolours are for timewalking, tower returns with new and old rewards
    Citation? or is this just "bro trust me"

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    You must have been handling something horrifically wrong on your dh, maybe not realizing a few things could be dbl jumped over? Such as the "icicle cage" thing. The DH one was considered very easy.
    This was advice I kept receiving when I talked about my frustrations (despite not wanting advise), but this did not work for me. Trying to double jump killed me. I have no idea how this is supposed to work, because everyone kept telling me, and no matter how I adjusted the timing, it simply did not work. I played with 60 ms, which is higher than I had in TBC-Cata, but this should not matter if I keep trying different timings, across two different DHs, in three(four?) different patches. I mean, how can you even mess up double-jumping? Somehow I must have done it. I settled with having to kill the icicles instead, saving the artifact weapon ability for every other icicle. Of all those attempts, I reached the last phase a total of 4 times, killing it easily on the 4th, the second time I got there in overload era.

There were things I never figured out on my own (Spell Reflection on Prot Warrior, last phase, instead having to use the three-jump-shoulder lego so I could interrupt manually), but I tried double jumping even before anyone gave this advice.

As for your frost DK anecdote I don't remember it being crazy hard since I did my dk ones after antorus' release and had raid gear on it but you probably had more then 1 relic even if the others were leveling or from just basic max level WQ rewards cause missing 2 relics would put your weapon over 100 item levels behind. I don't doubt it being 1 shottable if you waited for for the overload or something though.
    No, I really did one-shot it on the first attempt, and I had only one relic in the item. It was not going to be a serious attempt at it, I just wanted to go in and see how it differed, because I had just completed Survival Hunter (same scenario) just previously, and noticed it was very different from Arms (Flaring took me several attempts to figure out! ). So it was just like, "see if I notice anything I need to prepare for" and I just ended up killing it.
    I didn't spend any relics on it because I am extremely against a DK dual-wielding for lore reasons (yes, I am one of those, I play on an RP server), and I just have no interest in the Frost-aspects of the DK class, because I think it is a bit of an ass-pull, because Arthas sat on the frozen throne, but had no frost connection previous to that, nor did DKs in WCII.
    I had the 5% trait in the weapon because I had a high Artifact Knowledge and put a few tokens into it, but no further, so it was definitely before overload.

So like, I don't discount the fact that I must've gotten lucky, and tried the right thing from the get-go, but I did no preparation (relics) because this was the scouting mission. :P

I am ok with Tower Mage as a solo content-challenge like it was in Legion but the artifact skins? Mhhh hard no, otherwise bring back MoP and WoD challenge mode set too no? I would like to get sets on classes i never played back then but woudnt be fair imho.

You had a chance, you didnt played the game? wasnt interested? sadge but that is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a link or something I can read about mage tower returning? If it returns I'll resub to wow... I'm super excited to hear this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I'm a casual and I have all 36 appearances from Legion Mage Tower
    LOL

Point the fourth: they should add a damn FoS and title for 36/36 in legion.
    True
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

You must have been handling something horrifically wrong on your dh, maybe not realizing a few things could be dbl jumped over? Such as the "icicle cage" thing. The DH one was considered very easy. As for your frost DK anecdote I don't remember it being crazy hard since I did my dk ones after antorus' release and had raid gear on it but you probably had more then 1 relic even if the others were leveling or from just basic max level WQ rewards cause missing 2 relics would put your weapon over 100 item levels behind. I don't doubt it being 1 shottable if you waited for for the overload or something though.

- - - Updated - - -

Citation? or is this just "bro trust me"
    I always found the clone bubble phase to be most annoying for DH. Even with double fel rush, still wasn’t ever enough to gap close, had to use netherwalk and then on the second time skystep to get just enough to reach xylem.

All other specs were easy. But then for sub rogue I found difficulty doing the quick tab through the three adds with for marked for death/symbols (with lego)/tangled shadows.

Think I actually had to end up killing the boss while I was still in the floor effect at the end.

Beyond that no annoyances, beyond like arcane mage blinking out of bounds and bricking the god queen fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    This was advice I kept receiving when I talked about my frustrations (despite not wanting advise), but this did not work for me. Trying to double jump killed me. I have no idea how this is supposed to work, because everyone kept telling me, and no matter how I adjusted the timing, it simply did not work. I played with 60 ms, which is higher than I had in TBC-Cata, but this should not matter if I keep trying different timings, across two different DHs, in three(four?) different patches. I mean, how can you even mess up double-jumping? Somehow I must have done it. I settled with having to kill the icicles instead, saving the artifact weapon ability for every other icicle. Of all those attempts, I reached the last phase a total of 4 times, killing it easily on the 4th, the second time I got there in overload era.

There were things I never figured out on my own (Spell Reflection on Prot Warrior, last phase, instead having to use the three-jump-shoulder lego so I could interrupt manually), but I tried double jumping even before anyone gave this advice.
    Not that this matters much now but you were probably double jumping forward. You had to double jump in place to reach max height then glide or fel rush over them. If you were moving forward when you jumped you would hit the killbox.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    You are literally making stuff up in your head. Just cause they made a post with both in it does NOT mean they are related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    The Mage Tower was never a "casual" friendly anything; to get the artifact appearances throughout most of the expansion, you had to be a really good player. They basically started giving them away almost for free toward the end of Legion, I got all three appearances on my scrub Horde warrior that I had made and leveled specifically (on the opposite faction!) to get them.

But oh-no Blizzard makes a patch that HATES CASUALS because they are opening up a CHALLENGE MODE with DIFFERENT REWARDS even though the rest of the patch helps to FIX most of the CUMBERSOME SYSTEMS that have plagued SL from the start.

Jeez, dude, get some perspective.
    The tower was a joke. I did them the first day it was out on all my toons and than never touched ot again.

The tower was a joke. I did them the first day it was out on all my toons and than never touched ot again.

I want proof of World First mage tower: [A Challenging Appearance] dated in April 2017.
    Last edited by Steelangel; 2021-09-15 at 06:22 PM.

Big oof fellas. Blizzard has spoken. New MT gives recolors of tomb gear. Reason why is that giving the weapon skins would diminish the accomplishment other players earned when it was current. All I can say is good for you blizzard, way to stand your ground.

However, gratz to guardian druids! New fel werebear form, but the original still isnt commign back. Good.

The book that lost the mount competition seem to be a reward for doing all challenges, great incentinve imo.

We don't even know the tuning and yet people still think FOMO shit is good. What if the new MT 2.0 is just as challenging as it was when it launched? What's the excuse then? You literally had to be subbed and play during legion? People act like MT was even hard post 7.3 when it wasn't, let people enjoy what they enjoy and stop gatekeeping.

No wonder this game has gone to absolute shit in the last couple of years.

This is very good news. No artifact skins should be put back in the game. If you earned them when they were current content, then thats fantastic! If you didn't, no worries, they are providing new rewards for this new mage tower experience during timewalking!

It's quite literally a win-win for the entire community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/reopeni...erebear-324186

It's officially confirmed now!

Love that new werebear variant! And I can't wait for the book mount!
    I second this!