Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
LastLast
  1. #401
    The mage tower skins not returning is a good thing, every MMO needs an impetus to act every once in a while. The only reason mage tower was popular was because the rewards were going away. If they weren't, noone would've done it end of legion, everyone would've just waited for BFA to come along and auto nerf it.

    Things going away creates a sense of urgency, and the need to act, which is a good thing.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The mage tower skins not returning is a good thing, every MMO needs an impetus to act every once in a while. The only reason mage tower was popular was because the rewards were going away. If they weren't, noone would've done it end of legion, everyone would've just waited for BFA to come along and auto nerf it.

    Things going away creates a sense of urgency, and the need to act, which is a good thing.
    That sounds like a smoking addict excuse: I am not addicted I can quit any time so its good.

    While reality is rather simple if you need to resort to FOMO tactics combined with unique rewards to keep players interested then it means your content sucks. And the only urgency it creates it to urgently leave sinking ship.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    Haha, yes. Because rewards are the only thing that matters. I will enjoy the Mage Tower immensely and will resubscribe for the sole purpose of doing it again. Because last time around, it was not repeatable once you completed it. Now I get to do the content that I enjoyed doing so much, again. And get a reward, I guess.

    This is also just bad take. Your stance is all over the place. The previous reward was Fomo, which is bad. We get a new reward, that is not the old Fomo. This is bad. The new reward is not Fomo. The reward is bad. No one will do this.

    Fine, we get it. You have made 16 posts in this thread, and I am sure they are all denouncing FOMO (and this particular FOMO especially) as the devil. And I am not particularly keen on it either. I am just curious why you decided this particular one is the one you object to so much about, that this is the one that should be brought back, rather than all of the removed models, mogs and mounts.
    And also, while we are at it, why rewards matter so much than the content it is from.

    Do note, that while I am not at all in favour of fomo either, I am in favour of consistency (and that is why I am capitalising fomo differently in every paragraph). I don't think it's especially consistent to bring back just the one without the others. The pvp rewards of different seasons, the challenge modes, the AotC mounts, WotLK-Naxx and Argent Tournament mounts/titles, Naxx-40 weapons et c. So what makes the artifact weapon skins so egregious and different? Why should they go back on their words on this particular one?
     

  4. #404
    I have all my mage tower skins, and I still wouldn't mind if Blizz had brought them back for others to get. I just really hate removing anything from the game. I think removing content or incentive to do content is one of the most absurd decisions a game dev could make. Content is king and no game can ever keep up with player consumption. Taking away an activity they could do (and the reward for doing it) just to foster some sense of fear of missing out and exclusivity is just stupid in my opinion.

    My dream is for Blizz to copy/paste the classic eastern kingdoms and kalimdor (with all its original quest, dungeon and raid content intact) into retail and accessible via chromie. I'd love to experience the old content with modern gameplay/qol. It would give me something to do during content droughts and a new (old) way to level alts.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-16 at 11:43 PM.

  5. #405
    idc about this shit I just want them to bring back the MoP hunter challenge mode set

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, those sets seem only to be real popular for Paladins, Warriors, Warlocks, Mages and Priests.

    The other ones seem meh to bad not only personally but from people's responses I have seen to them.
    Half the classes liking their set isn't bad at all, druids will want the bear skin, and the mount will likely be popular for Mages in particular. I disagree with Blizzard's decision (I'd have made a new color of the skins myself), I can't say the replacement rewards are bad. I indeed want to get the sets on my Warrior and Mage.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exclusivity is good, yes. Not everyone should have everything and if you missed it during legion, that's on you.
    Nobody is complaining about e.g. legion elite sets not being available anymore by the way.

    I also missed the guardian druid form, but what ever.
    Pfft. Elite pvp sets should also be available after, I dunno, 3ish expansions? Exclusivity is fine for the short term. But once you move on to the next big shiny reward? Nah. It's just annoying. It's shiny copper that has turned ugly green due to years of weathering.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Haha, yes. Because rewards are the only thing that matters. I will enjoy the Mage Tower immensely and will resubscribe for the sole purpose of doing it again. Because last time around, it was not repeatable once you completed it. Now I get to do the content that I enjoyed doing so much, again. And get a reward, I guess.
    Im fairly certain you would be in minority if not for new "rewards". Also you don't know if it won't become new fomo again.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Im fairly certain you would be in minority if not for new "rewards". Also you don't know if it won't become new fomo again.
    It seems petty to me but I won't pretend to fathom what other people value. I have a host of exclusive items few people own in the game and I rarely use any of them.

    The biggest issue I see with the mage tower is it isn't new content... it's the same content and I can't really grasp the reasoning behind removing rewards from it.

    I have all the mage tower weapons but a lot are on toons I don't play anymore since the alliance faction died for end game players. I was hoping to unlock them on horde toons then leisurely get the weapon tend during the long break between expansions.

    It feels stupid just like when they removed the green Warbear and replaced it with the one that has faded out colors. Snowflakes really have to fuck off they ruin parts of the game out of their desire to grab hold of any uniqueness.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That sounds like a smoking addict excuse: I am not addicted I can quit any time so its good.

    While reality is rather simple if you need to resort to FOMO tactics combined with unique rewards to keep players interested then it means your content sucks. And the only urgency it creates it to urgently leave sinking ship.
    The tree won the popular vote for the mount, it's a VERY unique mount, noone uses it. Lets start there, explain why the mount winning the competition isn't used everywhere all the time, or even better, used anywhere, at all?

    2. How many upsales can you really do on a Sword? Not that many it turns out, why do you want EXACTLY the CM sets and the mage tower appearances? Because they are rare and unique, that creates value even if you don't want to admit it. For nearly any class, you can find better looking weapons or armor elsewhere in the game.

    3. There is nothing wrong with an incentive to act every once in a while, the problem is if every reward is FOMO. One or two things per expansion is a good thing.

  11. #411
    It wouldn't even be so bad if the new rewards weren't so lackluster. Recolored tier sets? Big yawn - most of them look bad too in terms of color pallette.

  12. #412
    12 Tier Sets
    1 Mount
    1 Skon for Guardian Druid

    Enough reward for a TimeWalking event.
    Stop asking for the Legion, you had your chance just like in life.

    The only people who should be upset are Feral Druid.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The tree won the popular vote for the mount, it's a VERY unique mount, noone uses it. Lets start there, explain why the mount winning the competition isn't used everywhere all the time, or even better, used anywhere, at all?

    2. How many upsales can you really do on a Sword? Not that many it turns out, why do you want EXACTLY the CM sets and the mage tower appearances? Because they are rare and unique, that creates value even if you don't want to admit it. For nearly any class, you can find better looking weapons or armor elsewhere in the game.

    Edit: also why you saw water striders everywhere before mount equipment. People are practical minded more then they are usually aware of.
    3. There is nothing wrong with an incentive to act every once in a while, the problem is if every reward is FOMO. One or two things per expansion is a good thing.
    Honestly because it doesn't fly and it's really big. People tend to use smaller mounts and flying mounts in the world if they are not peacocking in a city. It is why you see flying discs everywhere.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    12 Tier Sets
    1 Mount
    1 Skon for Guardian Druid

    Enough reward for a TimeWalking event.
    Stop asking for the Legion, you had your chance just like in life.

    The only people who should be upset are Feral Druid.
    I never really understood that reasoning... I can accept pvp as you can't really play old seasons again but this is identical content. It will be changed a bit just do to classes changing but the same big wipe mechanics will be there and assuming they disable covenant abilities the strats won't change drastically.

    I dislike things being made limited time solely for a marketing reason.

  14. #414
    Good. Sticking to their guns, showing backbone. The Druid form compromise is a nice one since those having earned the original can also get another tint.

    People sitting around hoping for clearly announced time-limited shit to come back need to get over themselves.

    - But I wasn't playing back then!

    Oh join the club. We've all got shit we missed out on simply for not playing at the time. Grow up and move on, there's going to be other special, time-limited stuff you can get your hands on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-17 at 02:16 PM.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Honestly because it doesn't fly and it's really big. People tend to use smaller mounts and flying mounts in the world if they are not peacocking in a city. It is why you see flying discs everywhere.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I never really understood that reasoning... I can accept pvp as you can't really play old seasons again but this is identical content. It will be changed a bit just do to classes changing but the same big wipe mechanics will be there and assuming they disable covenant abilities the strats won't change drastically.

    I dislike things being made limited time solely for a marketing reason.
    Nobody was forcing people to do the healer or tank challenge if they were DPS main, but since we're time limited people aknowledge their "value"

    I did only the one I liked.

    The marketing move was .along TW last until BFA and not until Antorus like it was in first place.



    People need to stop be lazy until is " now or never "

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Good. Sticking to their guns, showing backbone. The Druid form compromise is a nice one since those having earned the original can also get another tint.

    People sitting around hoping for clearly announced time-limited shit to come back need to get over themselves.

    - But I wasn't playing back then!

    Oh join the club. We've all got shit we missed out on simply for not playing at the time. Grow up and move on, there's going to be other special, time-limited stuff you can get your hands on.
    I just think its dumb to remove any content from the game when there is a reasonable reason to have it.

    I understand why they removed then originally as having people walk in and crush it 10 levels higher seemed silly but that reason is now gone and it feels petty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Nobody was forcing people to do the healer or tank challenge if they were DPS main, but since we're time limited people aknowledge their "value"

    I did only the one I liked.

    The marketing move was .along TW last until BFA and not until Antorus like it was in first place.



    People need to stop be lazy until is " now or never "
    I mean I did all of them ( couldn't mythic raid due to rl issues had twins and couldn't devote any time to it) and I still find that a dumb reason as explained below.

    I don't want parts of the game removed for marketing reasons...

  17. #417
    Also we already saw this scenario


    Wrath - Immortal/Undying and Black Plagued Proto

    MoP - CM Set and Back

    WoD - CM Weapons

    Legion - Tower Mage

    BFA - Champion of Azeroth Title


    People still decide to not do time limited stuff just to ask them later, rip

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Also we already saw this scenario


    Wrath - Immortal/Undying and Black Plagued Proto

    MoP - CM Set and Back

    WoD - CM Weapons

    Legion - Tower Mage

    BFA - Champion of Azeroth Title


    People still decide to not do time limited stuff just to ask them later, rip
    I mean if they add time walking CM modes I would be advocating for those back as well... the title I'm fine with that to me makes sense not the flat out removal of models.

    If the original conditions can be replicated reinstate the rewards... hell they already out the proto drake back in for whales.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I just think its dumb to remove any content from the game when there is a reasonable reason to have it.

    I understand why they removed then originally as having people walk in and crush it 10 levels higher seemed silly but that reason is now gone and it feels petty.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean I did all of them ( couldn't mythic raid due to rl issues had twins and couldn't devote any time to it) and I still find that a dumb reason as explained below.

    I don't want parts of the game removed for marketing reasons...
    But isn't marketing, if they re add stuff in the next expansion, why I should play now?

    Just wait for 10.0 or 11.0 and resub when they decide to repurpose them.


    I would like to get CM MoP on other char but I did only on my main and this is fine.

    If people don't work for unique stuff in a mmorpg and just wait the lazy way is really fun?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I mean if they add time walking CM modes I would be advocating for those back as well... the title I'm fine with that to me makes sense not the flat out removal of models.

    If the original conditions can be replicated reinstate the rewards... hell they already out the proto drake back in for whales.
    Original conditions can't be replicated, different classes balance, talents etc etc.

    Is like Classic And TBCC isn't the original version so you can replicate it.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    But isn't marketing, if they re add stuff in the next expansion, why I should play now?

    Just wait for 10.0 or 11.0 and resub when they decide to repurpose them.


    I would like to get CM MoP on other char but I did only on my main and this is fine.

    If people don't work for unique stuff in a mmorpg and just wait the lazy way is really fun?
    Long as its roughly as challenging I don't see the issue but I see the progress as getting it being more important then the rewards. The rewards are a nice capstone to the process but not the important part. I just want the most character customizations possible. I wouldn't lose sleep if people could build their own aetish or had access to my naxx weapons or the host of other items I was lucky enough to be a pack rat and kept.

    Edit because I dont want to risk getting another post. Similar enough it not perfect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •