Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They should just do standalone versions of the artifact skins with a new color for the TW version.

It'd give people that already have the skin unlocked a new excuse to do it again, while still allowing them to keep their prestige with their OG colors.

And give other people that didn't get it in Legion for whatever reason a chance to get some of the best skins in the game.

Seems win/win to me.
    Nah, you had to be there.
    You can have the reskinned tier. Exclusive shit should remain exclusive; that's the promise they made

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    So this is a thing. I have seen articles about it, so I am taking this as an advertisement and it is probably happening.

I mentioned a genuine suggestion. They don't have to dull down rewards. Just make recolours, or tamper with the appearance a bit. People act like this has never happened in this game. Legion Classhall sets were loosely based off MoP challenge armor sets. (It would've been nice to just have a recolour but whatever) Or multiple mounts ingame that were limited time and got recolour and released again. I think this is the easiest solution and least offensive. I wouldn't want them to put lackluster rewards for the challenges. Otherwise barely any incentive to go play it.

Some other players mention some new current expansion weapon mogs. Which overall is a great idea to me too. As it gives players that already got Legion challenge skins a chance to go acquire something else. I would've just imagined they would do that with Torghast but I guess not.
    nah, thanks though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the new sets will be attach to the MT, I think they'll be a TW badge thing.

If they do bring it back, I could see MT being a source of TW badges however.

But, I think they should just do standalone versions of the artifact skins with a new color for the TW version of MT.

It'd give people that already have the skin unlocked a new excuse to do it again, while still allowing them to keep their prestige with their OG colors.

And give other people that didn't get it in Legion for whatever reason a chance to get some of the best skins in the game.

Seems win/win to me.
    This pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    What had you been popping when you made this post? All this post translates to is OP is mad because he was too shite or too lazy to get the skins they wanted and that's Blizzards fault.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-09-11 at 07:50 AM.

I bet OP is a guardian druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    This kind of just shows that players doesnt want mage tower becouse its fun content. They just want those exclusive rewards for themself and they hate fact that some players have something they dont have. Funny fact. If mage tower appearences wouldnt be exclusive to Legion nobady would care about them, nobady would use them and nobady would talk about them at all. Only reason why people care about them and want them back is becouse they are no longer avaiable but once they will return literaly nobady will ever care about those cosmetics.
    Or, the people who find it intrinsically rewarding, like me, already did a ton of it in Legion. And it was only 1 expansion ago, so there is still a feeling of fatigue rather than nostalgia about it.

But definitely, the rewards being great and unobtainable was a big reason a lot of people did them. If they weren't unobtainable I'd probably only have done a handful of the ones that were really good like the druid skins, not all 36.

I just wish they made it with fixed stats so gear plays no role.

But, I think they should just do standalone versions of the artifact skins with a new color for the TW version of MT.

Who would people with the unobtainable version want to get a easily obtainable pleb version of the same weap?

Garbage title, garbage post. Clickbait nonsense.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    Like the mage-tower was anything but casual. I did it literally with LFR gear on most of my toons. In fact I leveled some for the exact purpose. There were a few class/challenge combinations that where a bit tougher but thats about it. I did cat and unholy dk first try without even knowing what I was doing… if that ain‘t casual enough… *sigh*
    And you know what: I‘ll gladly do it again for the recolour.

If there is anything casual unfriendly in this game, it‘s the raid size and all those stupid grinding.

7+ Year Old Account
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    Theres no official prove of it. Let us see when it comes out at least on PTR

5+ Year Old Account

so no reason for me to ever do mage tower ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I bet OP is a guardian druid.
    And guardian druid was sooo hard to do…

Quote Originally Posted by Alicianna View Post
    And guardian druid was sooo hard to do…
    I did all the tank ones first and had very little trouble with the druid one, but what i CANT remember, is what lego i had, what his gear was like, etc. I do remember a lot of people struggling to get it until right at the end though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysphan129 View Post
    how was the original catered to casual players lol
    Solo content that was able to be over powered by LFR gear. If it wasn't casual content there would be requirements such as your ilvl being locked or the key to entry would be from clearing the latest raid. Just because Try-hard Terries don't identify as casual doesn't mean that the content they do is not casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the old shit so people have a chance to get it. It's been long enough where people who got them then get to show off.
    Now make MT a permanent thing so the rest of us can get the rest we'd like or missed out on.

Add new stuff so it gives people an excuse, such as the armor recolors. Everyone wins.

This kind of just shows that players doesnt want mage tower becouse its fun content. They just want those exclusive rewards for themself and they hate fact that some players have something they dont have. Funny fact. If mage tower appearences wouldnt be exclusive to Legion nobady would care about them, nobady would use them and nobady would talk about them at all. Only reason why people care about them and want them back is becouse they are no longer avaiable but once they will return literaly nobady will ever care about those cosmetics.
    You don‘t get it… it WAS fun content and it gave you rewards that Blizzard said, would vanish after the expansion. It wasn‘t really hard content most of the time. It fit the expansions theme and then was removed like a lot of things Blizzard removed before. Do I qq because I don‘t have every goddamn gladiator mount?
    Stupid entitlement by people who just started playing the game and did not get their bear or cat forms… thats what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    What had you been popping when you made this post? All this post translates to is OP is mad because he was too shite or too lazy to get the skins they wanted and that's Blizzards fault.
    the irony when i have 36 skins

but im not toxic d.... who cares about others having what i have

sure - lets make more people play FF then wow just so you can feel special

its pathetic on blizzard side - but fits well this pathetic expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I did all the tank ones first and had very little trouble with the druid one, but what i CANT remember, is what lego i had, what his gear was like, etc. I do remember a lot of people struggling to get it until right at the end though.
    you have the same leggo every guardian had to faceroll that stuff

luffas.

Yep. The only point of the mage tower was the artefact skins imo. As a druid who missed out on the gorilla bear from, that is a bit sad. But gating such a unique shapeshift form behind that was just a bad idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Bring back the old shit so people have a chance to get it. It's been long enough where people who got them then get to show off.
    Now make MT a permanent thing so the rest of us can get the rest we'd like or missed out on.

Add new stuff so it gives people an excuse, such as the armor recolors. Everyone wins.
    Or just leave it like it is and bring only new stuff instead of recycling old content? The fact alone that they let people spent working time on rebalancing the magetower speaks volumes about the state of the game. They could have brought a new dungeon or two - instead they recycle old dungeons for a m+ which can only be done every few months.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Single post represent how people think? I have 36/36 and it would be awesome to have reason (or even option) to repeat it with different rewards.

And to be honest it's not like people care so much about these rewards post Legion, probably only about Warrior/Paladin flails and Druid forms, cause they are unique. Before SL I would add Outlaw sword, but they used it as Venthyr weapon, so bringing recolors of rest at some point is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    I just wish they made it with fixed stats so gear plays no role.
    Ugh, this again. Best thing about MT during Legion was that it gave reason to gear up, get right legos, level weapon on alts. You would want separate "Mage Tower game".

And since it's "challenge", probably fixed Mage Tower would have tuning similar to 7.2/7.2.5 gear. MT was most popular in 7.3 when it became casual content.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-09-11 at 09:11 AM.