Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Mage tower is returning but without artifact skins

So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players

5+ Year Old Account
    go ahead and quit in protest

Link the post?

Assuming they are even doing that and I am doubtful they are. I don't see it as that big of a negative. While I am not a fan of any item being removed from the game (personally I think even pvp items should be made obtainable after the expansion they are in is finished). I think the recolors are a rather nice reward themselves.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    What’s your source on that?

so...because...the rewards are...raid recolors and not...artifact skins...it means....that...its catering to toxic elitists?

yeah that totaly makes sense and is completly not nonsensical ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-09-10 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Some interesting teleport spells are on the ptr with names of the location of mage tower boss fights such as Imp Mothers Den.

https://www.gfinityesports.com/world...-in-patch-915/
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Point the first: this seems true but is definitely not confirmed

Point the second: huh? The mage Tower IS casual content, it gives casuals a reason to gear up, I can state this definitely since I'm a casual and I have all 36 appearances from Legion Mage Tower

Point the third: is seems very likely that if this is a thing, you'll only need to beat it on one spec per class right?

Point the fourth: they should add a damn FoS and title for 36/36 in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    dude trust me

Even if there was a source, the OP's intention with this thread are abundantly clear. He wants to circlejerk devs hating "casual" players. Casual, in this instance, meaning anything that isn't designed around this individual players' wants and desires. Fuckin' Blizzard.

1.0) Where is that confirmed.
    1.1) QQ more.
    1.1.1) Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    1.2) Some of the recolors are cool.
    1.3) Not a hot take, they shouldn't come back. Bring the tower back, make it hard, add new rewards.
    1.3.1) Profit

The Mage Tower was never a "casual" friendly anything; to get the artifact appearances throughout most of the expansion, you had to be a really good player. They basically started giving them away almost for free toward the end of Legion, I got all three appearances on my scrub Horde warrior that I had made and leveled specifically (on the opposite faction!) to get them.

But oh-no Blizzard makes a patch that HATES CASUALS because they are opening up a CHALLENGE MODE with DIFFERENT REWARDS even though the rest of the patch helps to FIX most of the CUMBERSOME SYSTEMS that have plagued SL from the start.

Jeez, dude, get some perspective.

how was the original catered to casual players lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Point the second: huh? The mage Tower IS casual content, it gives casuals a reason to gear up, I can state this definitely since I'm a casual and I have all 36 appearances from Legion Mage Tower
    7.2 Mage Tower was content for very skilled (and patient) players, 7.2.5 it was extra content for raiders, but yeah, since 7.3, so most of it's lifespan it was casual content. I did 36/36 without even touching raid/M+ on 11 alts.

I think, instead of set, giving special recolor for weapon would be nice compromise. People who did MT (it's not THAT rare if we talk only about mains) would have something to do here, people who want special weapon model would have way to get it.

lol

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-09-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    7.2 Mage Tower was content for very skilled (and patient) players, 7.2.5 it was extra content for raiders, but yeah, since 7.3, so most of it's lifespan it was casual content. I did 36/36 without even touching raid/M+ on 11 alts.

I think, instead of set, giving special recolor for weapon would be nice compromise. People who did MT (it's not THAT rare if we talk only about mains) would have something to do here, people who want special weapon model would have way to get it.
    I don't remember the timing exactly, I do know without raiding or m+ I beat all of the dps ones* and tank ones before or at the start of the ticking AP buff, but the heals one was a different thing, and the extra DPS from the AP buff made it a whole lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account

Of course, they weren't bringing back those skins again, they were earned by others during Legion. Instead, you have the option of new rewards. And it isn't really a casual "hate-patch" when you look at the fact that old features returns and character options are increased, as well as many shortcuts and more. This patch is very casual friendly, even if you do not enjoy the rewards.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so...because...the rewards are...raid recolors and not...artifact skins...it means....that...its catering to toxic elitists?

yeah that totaly makes sense and is completly not nonsensical ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This kind of just shows that players doesnt want mage tower becouse its fun content. They just want those exclusive rewards for themself and they hate fact that some players have something they dont have. Funny fact. If mage tower appearences wouldnt be exclusive to Legion nobady would care about them, nobady would use them and nobady would talk about them at all. Only reason why people care about them and want them back is becouse they are no longer avaiable but once they will return literaly nobady will ever care about those cosmetics.

Casuals had a lot of time during legion to earn those skins. It's good that they are not coming back.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate that I missed the opportunity to acquire the skins, some of, if not the most, unique skins for druids in the game. I wish that blizzard would figure out a way to bring back the mage tower, like a time walking version, that scaled you to the same capabilities that were in affect during Legion and in which rewarding the skins would be at the same (or even more) difficult than in Legion.

Regardless, I look forward to the MT challenge with or without the skin rewards.

If you didn't get the skins during Legion, that's unfortunate but nearly every expansion has things available for a limited availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should throw away the stigma that casual content = easy content. Content can be challenging and still be considered casual so long as it's easily approachable.

Anyway I'm not sure what OP's issue is. Do you want artifact skins to be the rewards or do you not want the gear recolors to be a reward? Or are you just upset that Mage Tower is supposedly being included in general?