Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    This is very good news. No artifact skins should be put back in the game. If you earned them when they were current content, then thats fantastic! If you didn't, no worries, they are providing new rewards for this new mage tower experience during timewalking!

It's quite literally a win-win for the entire community.

- - - Updated - - -

I second this!
    Or we could have a vendor with both and players could decide for themselves which ones they want, rather than arbitrarily gating the appearances behind shit outside of player control.

Do I get the mount if I already did the challenges in Legion though? Couldn’t seem to find out in the post.

Horse shit that you have to play multiple classes to get the Book Mount. Anyone that only plays one class is forever fucked.

Good.

Artifacts were limited and I actually had to do something(like killing HC Kil'jaeden on my alts) because I knew they were limited. If you didn't get them back then, you don't deserve them now. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    We don't even know the tuning and yet people still think FOMO shit is good. What if the new MT 2.0 is just as challenging as it was when it launched? What's the excuse then? You literally had to be subbed and play during legion? People act like MT was even hard post 7.3 when it wasn't, let people enjoy what they enjoy and stop gatekeeping.

No wonder this game has gone to absolute shit in the last couple of years.
    We're already seeing posts requesting this be exclusive or appearances to be lowered in quality because they're not exclusive. It's quite predictable, sad and pathetic really. FOMO addiction goes hand-in-hand with fear of others obtaining good rewards. Narcissism over pride I guess.

Good. And I hope they stick to it. Who got Artifact skins, got them in Legion and it has to stay like that. I miss many, but I understand the prestige effect they have.

I find it VERY strange that in one breath they say "we listened! we are sticking to our word and you cannot get those skins! - well, except for the bear, we are not just bringing it back, but giving you a special new version of it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Iove this, I'm only salty they never and apparently, aren't, adding a FoS for 36/36 in Legion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    More FOMO bs, good grief, why would they restrict this challenge stuff to just a week every three months??? Way to cave to the druids while ignoring everyone else, you liek flails of which the same reasoning can be used as they did for the bear? Too bad smh...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    More FOMO bs, good grief, why would they restrict this challenge stuff to just a week every three months??? Way to cave to the druids while ignoring everyone else, you liek flails of which the same reasoning can be used as they did for the bear? Too bad smh...
    Yeah I totally agree 100% - its a huge kick in the teeth for all druids who worked for it, and its a huge kick in the teeth for every single other spec in the game. It makes absolutely NO sense to not just add back just ONE of them, but to also create a custom skin for it.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidance View Post
    Things that already be removed from the game, and now is exclusive for people who play that time
    and content exclusive for hardcore playeres, its not the same, idk why you come here and tell people that blizzard hate casual playeres because you cant get a reward that is already removed from the game, its bullshit

If you get a exlusive reward and then that reward come back again, its a disrepectful who try to get that in time

I love my challenge mode sets, because they are exclusive, it was hard work to get them, because in the mop I was horrible and it was both fun and hard, so if I wake up tomorrow and blizzard brings it back in a MoP timewalker, I would be very sad , but i dont have everyone, and its just make the one i have more awesome
    So tired of this counter argument. Its not remotely disrespecting or devaluing those who earned it when current. They've had it to show off for years now and half of them did it later once it was made easier by purchasable legendaries etc anyway. For many, myself included, not having completed the MT is entirely based on time I had to play back then. I managed to get pathfinder finished and do the story elements but outside of that I barely stepped into the dungeons or raid (even on LFR).

You may as well complain that iPhones get cheaper over time so yours stops being such a testament to your wealth or love of style over substance. At least I understand more the Elite PvP gear being exclusive, as at those ranks everyone is geared and its entirely skill based (well, that and playing the right class and specs).

Quote Originally Posted by Zentavius View Post
    So tired of this counter argument. Its not remotely disrespecting or devaluing those who earned it when current. They've had it to show off for years now and half of them did it later once it was made easier by purchasable legendaries etc anyway. For many, myself included, not having completed the MT is entirely based on time I had to play back then. I managed to get pathfinder finished and do the story elements but outside of that I barely stepped into the dungeons or raid (even on LFR).

You may as well complain that iPhones get cheaper over time so yours stops being such a testament to your wealth or love of style over substance. At least I understand more the Elite PvP gear being exclusive, as at those ranks everyone is geared and its entirely skill based (well, that and playing the right class and specs).
    I would agree. I never understood the point of exclusivity beyond the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Not that this matters much now but you were probably double jumping forward. You had to double jump in place to reach max height then glide or fel rush over them. If you were moving forward when you jumped you would hit the killbox.
    That might be it. I am an impatient lil f:er. (But I am also quite certain I experimented wildly across those attempt. Ah well, we'll see with the relaunch)

The lack of new fights and rewards is disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I would agree. I never understood the point of exclusivity beyond the current expansion.
    Also this. I don't feel proud about my title or my artifact weapon because I did it at the right time. Removing content and punishing people for not playing the game at the right time is horrible. Also, removing content from the game is a waste of resources.

I am actually very happy about this and will probably subscribe for it. I hope I don't have to actually a reach level 60 on the characters to do this, though. I hope it's enough to just be "one level above Legion cap" like Timewalking worked in the past, and give us a set-in-stone item level.

Good! If you didn't get them in Legion, you should get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also this. I don't feel proud about my title or my artifact weapon because I did it at the right time. Removing content and punishing people for not playing the game at the right time is horrible. Also, removing content from the game is a waste of resources.
    Im honestly completely on the fence about this. I absolutely understand BOTH sides, and just don’t know where I stand. What I can say is, without a doubt, adding only the druid model back, with a fancy NEW reskin of said model, is crazy to me – some who got it back then will feel a bit pissed off, and other classes have every right to be fucked off that they did this for druid only.

I just don’t get it at all – its such a fucking weird decision – “we are totally 100% sticking to our word about not bringing them back – well, other than bears, theirs is coming back AND getting a new custom skin!”. I just don’t get it at all, and their explanation makes no fucking sense at all.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-09-16 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like their stance.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Ha, yeah lets keep up with fomo so game dies quicker.

Low effort rewards ✔
    Inconsistency ✔
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    No reason for new players ✔ (except guardian druids)
    FOMO ✔
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Ha, yeah lets keep up with fomo so game dies quicker.

Low effort rewards ✔
    Inconsistency ✔
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    No reason for new players ✔ (except guardian druids)
    FOMO ✔
    something cant have no reason to run it and cause FOMO.
    The rewards are in line with the content its from. Its legion timewalking so it gives a legion related reward.