Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like the people who aggressively don’t want the skin recolors, because they we're a limited time thing, are people that got them and just want to feel special
    and superior, which ultimately is a bit toxic.

You ultimately still could have precious prestige anyway, if they did recolors and locked the old colors and just let people enjoy their weapons skins.

What’s weird is they’re actually doing that with Druid, but no other class. It’s bizarre.

Seems like another confusing and unnecessarily dumb decision from a dev team full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    something cant have no reason to run it and cause FOMO.
    The rewards are in line with the content its from. Its legion timewalking so it gives a legion related reward.
    It was a fomo design that returned without rewards because blizzard is more interested in momentary gains rather than game longevity. Such design caters special snowflakes that enjoys things you or other players don't have rather than things they do have.

Until the moment you stop playing and realize it's "technically" gone.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The removal of content is dumb, but if they are going to continue to remove content to create "limited time" rewards, they shouldn't be brought back.

However, if they bring every removed thing back (outside of pre expac event items, I think things of this nature is fine to be limited timed), I'd be fine with it. Naxx 40, Original ZA/ZG, Quest chains (or part of) that were removed (Battle of UC, Hand of A'dal, Legendary item questchains), Immortal/Undying (Black/Plagued Protos), original Vanilla mounts etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    The part you justify removing content because otherwise blizz needs to constantly balance it, which is false considering it was never balanced to begin with.

Not taking anything atm, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Do you genuinely not understand or are you just being obtuse on purpose? Regardless of their original state, the encounters would need to maintain that same difficulty through updates. If you thought FDK was hard for some reason, it'd need to stay that way through balancing to not cheapen the achievement of doing it during that time.

Glad there are no artifact skin, you had your chance deal with it.

The fact that they are giving a new skin for the werebear and a mount on top of the recolored tier set is way more than my expectations

I don't get people complaining that the new mage tower won't give all the same rewards, if anything it would be really disappointing for the people who worked hard to do the challenge back then to have them give the rewards out again. I only got it on my main at the time but I don't see anything negative with them keeping it exclusive, that was the whole point.

Some people have weird opinions and it's like they want access to things they didn't earn during a time they didn't play the game? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't get people complaining that the new mage tower won't give all the same rewards, if anything it would be really disappointing for the people who worked hard to do the challenge back then to have them give the rewards out again. I only got it on my main at the time but I don't see anything negative with them keeping it exclusive, that was the whole point.

Some people have weird opinions and it's like they want access to things they didn't earn during a time they didn't play the game? I don't get it.
    They weren't a challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Ha, yeah lets keep up with fomo so game dies quicker.

Low effort rewards ✔
    Inconsistency ✔
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    No reason for new players ✔ (except guardian druids)
    FOMO ✔
    At least the people that have been playing for years and now have shelves of items that were removed that they hoard but barely even use anymore that weren't ever really difficult to get but more so had to do with playing at a specific point in time get to feel special about themselves. Because that's the priority, I guess.

Probably made by the person who want be arsed to do this one too cause of you guessed it,excusses.But the people who did them in Legion will capp them all on first rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They weren't a challenge.
    They were challenging if you did them when they released with ilvl 900 gear. Of course if you waited to the end of Antorus and did them with ilvl 960 gear then they were a cakewalk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    it'd need to stay that way through balancing to not cheapen the achievement of doing it during that time.
    Well they already cheapened the achievement in Legion by letting us do the challenge with ilvl 960 gear when the content was balanced around ilvl 900 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gubasti View Post
    Good! If you didn't get them in Legion, you should get good.
    Mage towers were amazing at release when we had ilvl 900 gear. But there's nothing "good" about doing the Mage Towers with Antorus gear. That is like doing Castle Nathria LFR with full mythic Sanctum gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdownpour View Post
    I didn't play during Classic but I should get the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and the Scarab Lord title.
    Irony being that the vast majority of people who have Scarab Lord got it by transferring to new gate-closed servers during TBC and WotLK before blizzard decided that the gates should probably be open when a new server is created.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They were challenging if you did them when they released with ilvl 900 gear. Of course if you waited to the end of Antorus and did them with ilvl 960 gear then they were a cakewalk.
    So then they weren't a challenge. If they were at any point a cakewalk, then there is none of that "challenge" prestige because a good amount of people got them when they were essentially trivialized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Irony being that the vast majority of people who have Scarab Lord got it by transferring to new gate-closed servers during TBC and WotLK before blizzard decided that the gates should probably be open when a new server is created.
    This, lmao.

Oh, and Scarab Lord isn't really a mark of accomplishment either- more so a mark of how you are able to manipulate (or strongarm) a bunch of other people into carrying you to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Point the first: this seems true but is definitely not confirmed

Point the second: huh? The mage Tower IS casual content, it gives casuals a reason to gear up, I can state this definitely since I'm a casual and I have all 36 appearances from Legion Mage Tower

Point the third: is seems very likely that if this is a thing, you'll only need to beat it on one spec per class right?

Point the fourth: they should add a damn FoS and title for 36/36 in legion.
    what would the title be, and yeah i have all 36 as well *Flex*,

as for your 3rd point,

the armor seems to be mail/plate/leather/cloth
    then seperated between the Areas/options like Healer/Tank/Dps Mage Towers,

so i think you will need to do like
    1 Plate Dps, 1 Plate Tank, 1 Plate Heal,
    1 Mail Dps, 1 Mail Heal
    1 Cloth Dps, 1 Cloth Heal
    1 Leather Dps, 1 Leather Heal, 1 Leather Tank

that would clear you for all of them?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Ha, yeah lets keep up with fomo so game dies quicker.

Low effort rewards ✔
    Inconsistency ✔
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    No reason for new players ✔ (except guardian druids)
    FOMO ✔
    You get class tier sets and a mount if you do it on several characters. I had done it with all the classes I wanted it (Mage/Warlock/Shaman/Disc+Shadow/Rogue/DH/all druid minus resto) and now I do have a reason to level and gear them up so I can do these again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    You get class tier sets and a mount if you do it on several characters. I had done it with all the classes I wanted it (Mage/Warlock/Shaman/Disc+Shadow/Rogue/DH/all druid minus resto) and now I do have a reason to level and gear them up so I can do these again.
    To be fair, those sets seem only to be real popular for Paladins, Warriors, Warlocks, Mages and Priests.

The other ones seem meh to bad not only personally but from people's responses I have seen to them.

As someone who did the "challenge" back then (on all classes and specs) that wouldn't be disappointing in the least. Of the 36 appearances (144 if you count the 4 tints for each), I only use 3. What an absolute waste to keep those from players who might want to use them.

How pathetic do you have to be to tie your happiness or self worth around other people doing something in a game that you did years ago?

What "accomplishment" is there to diminish? Four years ago I sat at my computer and pushed some buttons. It was fun at the time, but it means nothing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    As someone who did the "challenge" back then (on all classes and specs) that wouldn't be disappointing in the least. Of the 36 appearances (144 if you count the 4 tints for each), I only use 3. What an absolute waste to keep those from players who might want to use them.

How pathetic do you have to be to tie your happiness or self worth around other people doing something in a game that you did years ago?

What "accomplishment" is there to diminish? Four years ago I sat at my computer and pushed some buttons. It was fun at the time, but it means nothing now.
    Seconding this as somebody with a few skins. Having carrots on a stick to pursue and tempt people into doing ingame content for is good.

I advocate for the same with challenge mode gear. I literally got that set on what was my barely LFR-geared Paladin alt during MoP because that was the only class whose set I liked.

Why remove Cutting Edge after every tier? Or the Challenge Mode rewards? Or titles like Hand of Adal/Champion of the Naaru? I think it makes sense to have certain rewards be for a specific time and the people who played the game at that time achieved it. Literally the only argument against it to make everything available and earnable at any time seems to come from the people who play for 2 months in every expansion who seem super salty about missing out on something that clearly wasn't an incentive enough to make them play when it was current, but they desperately need to have everything that the other players who actually played and earned.

I feel bad about not going out of my way to farm a few things that have since gone - like MoP Challenge mode set for example (Which I only got on 1 class that I don't play anymore). But I think it's also cool that some rewards are a bit more exclusive, even if I'm on the other side of that fence.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, those sets seem only to be real popular for Paladins, Warriors, Warlocks, Mages and Priests.

The other ones seem meh to bad not only personally but from people's responses I have seen to them.
    Mage/Priest/Warlock ones are the best indeed. Some other sets have some pieces that are good like DH. I don't wanna talk about Warrior and Monk. Especially Monk. The orange is bad. For me, a main mage getting a purple version (while being also Arcane atm) is really nice, on top of the Spelltome mount. Also wished Shaman recolor wasn't green...

Why remove Cutting Edge after every tier? Or the Challenge Mode rewards? Or titles like Hand of Adal/Champion of the Naaru? I think it makes sense to have certain rewards be for a specific time and the people who played the game at that time achieved it. Literally the only argument against it to make everything available and earnable at any time seems to come from the people who play for 2 months in every expansion who seem super salty about missing out on something that clearly wasn't an incentive enough to make them play when it was current, but they desperately need to have everything that the other players who actually played and earned.

I feel bad about not going out of my way to farm a few things that have since gone - like MoP Challenge mode set for example (Which I only got on 1 class that I don't play anymore). But I think it's also cool that some rewards are a bit more exclusive, even if I'm on the other side of that fence.
    Again, coming from someone who has played since vanilla and has a large chunk of no longer available mounts, titles, and appearances, you're clearly mistaken as to "the only argument against [removing content]". So fucking what if people only want to play the game 2 months every 2 years? Unless you're the personification of Blizzard's MAU numbers there's no reason why YOU should care when and how much those people play.

If a game makes you feel bad because you didn't go out of your way to play it enough then that is shitty, predatory game design. You're literally being punished simply for not participating at a particular time. It's a tactic that's meant to maintain the current playerbase through FOMO, though at the same time it makes it harder and harder to keep new or returning players. Why should anyone start playing this game if from the get go they know that there are things they're permanently barred from acquiring and if they ever decide to take a break they might miss out on even more?
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-09-16 at 09:37 AM.

Again, coming from someone who has played since vanilla and has a large chunk of no longer available mounts, titles, and appearances, you're clearly mistaken as to "the only argument against [removing content]". So fucking what if people only want to play the game 2 months every 2 years? Unless you're the personification of Blizzard's MAU numbers there's no reason why YOU should care when and how much those people play.

If a game makes you feel bad because you didn't go out of your way to play it enough then that is shitty, predatory game design. You're literally being punished simply for not participating at a particular time. It's a tactic that's meant to maintain the current playerbase through FOMO, though at the same time it makes it harder and harder to keep new or returning players. Why should anyone start playing this game if from the get go they know that there are things they're permanently barred from acquiring and if they ever decide to take a break they might miss out on even more?
    I think it's a fine balance honestly. And the mage tower is in that grey area because not only are the weapons nice looking but if you play a druid for example, that alternative form is really cool and I do feel bad for anyone who started post-Legion who wants to play a druid and not being able to get those things. But I also think having certain rewards being limited, or available in a certain time window makes the game world feel more alive. Whether it's the winter veil achievements and those christmas gifts only being available for 2 weeks a year, or getting attuned to Black Temple in TBC awarding you with a title.

To me it's not about gatekeeping or making sure nobody is allowed into the secret club, but I can look at my Hand of Adal for example and reminisce about the good old days and it's like a framed certificate on my wall as a reward for what I did then. You could make that title purchasable from a vendor for 5 gold and available for everyone and even though it wouldn't take away my title, it would make it a bit less special. I see other people with that title and I think "Hey cool, you also played back then!". Like I said Mage Tower is imo more in a grey area because the rewards are bigger than a title or a mount. I wouldn't even say I'm 100% against the idea of bringing those things back, but I know for sure a lot of people would not like it. Some people actually farmed it on 36 specs because they knew it would be taken away.

I regret not farming certain things myself - more sets from CMs in Pandaria (but back then I thought I would always main Priest so why bother), the Zul Gurub tiger (back then I didn't see a reason to farm on alts because I only wanted mount on my main, and now that wouldn't have mattered) but I can also take responsibility for my own actions and see that I missed out on these things fair and square.

And while this is a separate topic I also think over the years there's always been that discussion of Blizz not rewarding long time players enough. Then they have some sort of event that gives you a one time mount or pet or something and months later people complain they missed it. I'm not sure the best way for them to do it.
    Last edited by Zantera; 2021-09-16 at 09:52 AM.