Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    idc about this shit I just want them to bring back the MoP hunter challenge mode set

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, those sets seem only to be real popular for Paladins, Warriors, Warlocks, Mages and Priests.

The other ones seem meh to bad not only personally but from people's responses I have seen to them.
    Half the classes liking their set isn't bad at all, druids will want the bear skin, and the mount will likely be popular for Mages in particular. I disagree with Blizzard's decision (I'd have made a new color of the skins myself), I can't say the replacement rewards are bad. I indeed want to get the sets on my Warrior and Mage.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exclusivity is good, yes. Not everyone should have everything and if you missed it during legion, that's on you.
    Nobody is complaining about e.g. legion elite sets not being available anymore by the way.

I also missed the guardian druid form, but what ever.
    Pfft. Elite pvp sets should also be available after, I dunno, 3ish expansions? Exclusivity is fine for the short term. But once you move on to the next big shiny reward? Nah. It's just annoying. It's shiny copper that has turned ugly green due to years of weathering.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Haha, yes. Because rewards are the only thing that matters. I will enjoy the Mage Tower immensely and will resubscribe for the sole purpose of doing it again. Because last time around, it was not repeatable once you completed it. Now I get to do the content that I enjoyed doing so much, again. And get a reward, I guess.
    Im fairly certain you would be in minority if not for new "rewards". Also you don't know if it won't become new fomo again.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Im fairly certain you would be in minority if not for new "rewards". Also you don't know if it won't become new fomo again.
    It seems petty to me but I won't pretend to fathom what other people value. I have a host of exclusive items few people own in the game and I rarely use any of them.

The biggest issue I see with the mage tower is it isn't new content... it's the same content and I can't really grasp the reasoning behind removing rewards from it.

I have all the mage tower weapons but a lot are on toons I don't play anymore since the alliance faction died for end game players. I was hoping to unlock them on horde toons then leisurely get the weapon tend during the long break between expansions.

It feels stupid just like when they removed the green Warbear and replaced it with the one that has faded out colors. Snowflakes really have to fuck off they ruin parts of the game out of their desire to grab hold of any uniqueness.

That sounds like a smoking addict excuse: I am not addicted I can quit any time so its good.

While reality is rather simple if you need to resort to FOMO tactics combined with unique rewards to keep players interested then it means your content sucks. And the only urgency it creates it to urgently leave sinking ship.
    The tree won the popular vote for the mount, it's a VERY unique mount, noone uses it. Lets start there, explain why the mount winning the competition isn't used everywhere all the time, or even better, used anywhere, at all?

2. How many upsales can you really do on a Sword? Not that many it turns out, why do you want EXACTLY the CM sets and the mage tower appearances? Because they are rare and unique, that creates value even if you don't want to admit it. For nearly any class, you can find better looking weapons or armor elsewhere in the game.

3. There is nothing wrong with an incentive to act every once in a while, the problem is if every reward is FOMO. One or two things per expansion is a good thing.

It wouldn't even be so bad if the new rewards weren't so lackluster. Recolored tier sets? Big yawn - most of them look bad too in terms of color pallette.

12 Tier Sets
    1 Mount
    1 Skon for Guardian Druid

Enough reward for a TimeWalking event.
    Stop asking for the Legion, you had your chance just like in life.

The only people who should be upset are Feral Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The tree won the popular vote for the mount, it's a VERY unique mount, noone uses it. Lets start there, explain why the mount winning the competition isn't used everywhere all the time, or even better, used anywhere, at all?

2. How many upsales can you really do on a Sword? Not that many it turns out, why do you want EXACTLY the CM sets and the mage tower appearances? Because they are rare and unique, that creates value even if you don't want to admit it. For nearly any class, you can find better looking weapons or armor elsewhere in the game.

Edit: also why you saw water striders everywhere before mount equipment. People are practical minded more then they are usually aware of.
    3. There is nothing wrong with an incentive to act every once in a while, the problem is if every reward is FOMO. One or two things per expansion is a good thing.
    Honestly because it doesn't fly and it's really big. People tend to use smaller mounts and flying mounts in the world if they are not peacocking in a city. It is why you see flying discs everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    12 Tier Sets
    1 Mount
    1 Skon for Guardian Druid

Enough reward for a TimeWalking event.
    Stop asking for the Legion, you had your chance just like in life.

The only people who should be upset are Feral Druid.
    I never really understood that reasoning... I can accept pvp as you can't really play old seasons again but this is identical content. It will be changed a bit just do to classes changing but the same big wipe mechanics will be there and assuming they disable covenant abilities the strats won't change drastically.

I dislike things being made limited time solely for a marketing reason.

Good. Sticking to their guns, showing backbone. The Druid form compromise is a nice one since those having earned the original can also get another tint.

People sitting around hoping for clearly announced time-limited shit to come back need to get over themselves.

- But I wasn't playing back then!

Oh join the club. We've all got shit we missed out on simply for not playing at the time. Grow up and move on, there's going to be other special, time-limited stuff you can get your hands on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-17 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Honestly because it doesn't fly and it's really big. People tend to use smaller mounts and flying mounts in the world if they are not peacocking in a city. It is why you see flying discs everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I never really understood that reasoning... I can accept pvp as you can't really play old seasons again but this is identical content. It will be changed a bit just do to classes changing but the same big wipe mechanics will be there and assuming they disable covenant abilities the strats won't change drastically.

I dislike things being made limited time solely for a marketing reason.
    Nobody was forcing people to do the healer or tank challenge if they were DPS main, but since we're time limited people aknowledge their "value"

I did only the one I liked.

The marketing move was .along TW last until BFA and not until Antorus like it was in first place.

People need to stop be lazy until is " now or never "

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Good. Sticking to their guns, showing backbone. The Druid form compromise is a nice one since those having earned the original can also get another tint.

People sitting around hoping for clearly announced time-limited shit to come back need to get over themselves.

- But I wasn't playing back then!

Oh join the club. We've all got shit we missed out on simply for not playing at the time. Grow up and move on, there's going to be other special, time-limited stuff you can get your hands on.
    I just think its dumb to remove any content from the game when there is a reasonable reason to have it.

I understand why they removed then originally as having people walk in and crush it 10 levels higher seemed silly but that reason is now gone and it feels petty.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody was forcing people to do the healer or tank challenge if they were DPS main, but since we're time limited people aknowledge their "value"

I did only the one I liked.

The marketing move was .along TW last until BFA and not until Antorus like it was in first place.

People need to stop be lazy until is " now or never "
    I mean I did all of them ( couldn't mythic raid due to rl issues had twins and couldn't devote any time to it) and I still find that a dumb reason as explained below.

I don't want parts of the game removed for marketing reasons...

Also we already saw this scenario

Wrath - Immortal/Undying and Black Plagued Proto

MoP - CM Set and Back

WoD - CM Weapons

Legion - Tower Mage

BFA - Champion of Azeroth Title

People still decide to not do time limited stuff just to ask them later, rip

Also we already saw this scenario

Wrath - Immortal/Undying and Black Plagued Proto

MoP - CM Set and Back

WoD - CM Weapons

Legion - Tower Mage

BFA - Champion of Azeroth Title

People still decide to not do time limited stuff just to ask them later, rip
    I mean if they add time walking CM modes I would be advocating for those back as well... the title I'm fine with that to me makes sense not the flat out removal of models.

If the original conditions can be replicated reinstate the rewards... hell they already out the proto drake back in for whales.

I just think its dumb to remove any content from the game when there is a reasonable reason to have it.

I understand why they removed then originally as having people walk in and crush it 10 levels higher seemed silly but that reason is now gone and it feels petty.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I did all of them ( couldn't mythic raid due to rl issues had twins and couldn't devote any time to it) and I still find that a dumb reason as explained below.

I don't want parts of the game removed for marketing reasons...
    But isn't marketing, if they re add stuff in the next expansion, why I should play now?

Just wait for 10.0 or 11.0 and resub when they decide to repurpose them.

I would like to get CM MoP on other char but I did only on my main and this is fine.

If people don't work for unique stuff in a mmorpg and just wait the lazy way is really fun?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if they add time walking CM modes I would be advocating for those back as well... the title I'm fine with that to me makes sense not the flat out removal of models.

If the original conditions can be replicated reinstate the rewards... hell they already out the proto drake back in for whales.
    Original conditions can't be replicated, different classes balance, talents etc etc.

Is like Classic And TBCC isn't the original version so you can replicate it.

But isn't marketing, if they re add stuff in the next expansion, why I should play now?

I would like to get CM MoP on other char but I did only on my main and this is fine.

If people don't work for unique stuff in a mmorpg and just wait the lazy way is really fun?
    Long as its roughly as challenging I don't see the issue but I see the progress as getting it being more important then the rewards. The rewards are a nice capstone to the process but not the important part. I just want the most character customizations possible. I wouldn't lose sleep if people could build their own aetish or had access to my naxx weapons or the host of other items I was lucky enough to be a pack rat and kept.

Edit because I dont want to risk getting another post. Similar enough it not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post

1. Tree mount is not content. Also like someone mentions below, its big and it doesnt fly.

2. Artificial scarcity is artificial value. It's not real. It's fabricated. Real value is something that is hard and remains hard - XIV does it right, WoW does fomo.

3. There is everything wrong if it's gone forever, it creates the sense for potential new player that they are late to a party and rightfully so. We've seen tons of questions like that and whenever asks I tell them it is too late indeed.

PROPER way to create incentive once in a while is repeating seasonal events. Not fomo.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

- - - Updated - - -

Original conditions can't be replicated, different classes balance, talents etc etc.

Is like Classic And TBCC isn't the original version so you can replicate it.
    How about you play whenever you want and not feel arbitrarily "forced" to based on some sort of time-limited event? That's all this fomo stuff promotes. Nobody is impressed by you being subbed to a game at a certain point in time.

Long as its roughly as challenging I don't see the issue but I see the progress as getting it being more important then the rewards. The rewards are a nice capstone to the process but not the important part. I just want the most character customizations possible. I wouldn't lose sleep if people could build their own aetish or had access to my naxx weapons or the host of other items I was lucky enough to be a pack rat and kept.

Edit because I dont want to risk getting another post. Similar enough it not perfect.

The problem is to make it roughly as challenging it was.

Tower Mage was made with the Artifact / Leggo / Concordance Legion / Relic / Diffent Balance Class

How can they make it in 9.1.5 similar? You can already basically going with

HoAzeroth
    WoD Ring
    MoP Back
    Azerite Gear
    Covenant(?)

Could be stomped with closed eyes or could be scaled to 60 so badly that will be like Torghast 9.0 with classes like rogue fucked

1. Tree mount is not content. Also like someone mentions below, its big and it doesnt fly.

2. Artificial scarcity is artificial value. It's not real. It's fabricated. Real value is something that is hard and remains hard - XIV does it right, WoW does fomo.

3. There is everything wrong if it's gone forever, it creates the sense for potential new player that they are late to a party and rightfully so. We've seen tons of questions like that and whenever asks I tell them it is too late indeed.

PROPER way to create incentive once in a while is repeating seasonal events. Not fomo.
    1. We didn't get flying until recently, noone was using it when we couldn't fly either, people VOTED for this and still don't want it.

2. MMO, everything is artificial, including the content, and you get the mage tower back now, but you are here complaining anyways, so obviously you wanted the skins, not the content?

3. If everything stays you are overwhelmed and you could never farm it all anyways. And to your last point, you feel that is the right, way, I feel FOMO is the right way, there is no way to measure who is right since it's subjective, and most things come back all the time. It's just a few things per expansion that stay gone, as it should be.