View Poll Results: Where were you on September 11th 2001?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Too young to remember.

3 6.82%
  • I wasn't born yet

0 0%
  • At home/watching it there

10 22.73%
  • At school/college -/watching it there

20 45.45%
  • I witnessed September 11th in Manhattan/Virginia/Pennsylvania

1 2.27%
  • At work/watching it there

3 6.82%
  • Outside

0 0%
  • Asleep

3 6.82%
  • OTHER

4 9.09%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Also pronouns please.
    While you certainly have a right to request that your personal pronouns be used...you should at least let people know what those pronouns are if you're going to make an issue about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    This isnt the first time I've told shadowferal.
    Still a good idea to remind people what they are...because, even assuming he knows that they are...I don't. So, I could find myself in the same situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think want of the points of the bin Laden thing is just people to admit it was about vengeance and blood. He did not have to die but some on needed to catch that bullet. Dropping him out of a boat was actually one of the the most important respectful things we could do as 2 of the 3 Abrahamic religions don't believe too about what they call idolatry of symbols. Quit, decisive burials. We could have paraded and desecrated the body like beheaders.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think want of the points of the bin Laden thing is just people to admit it was about vengeance and blood. He did not have to die but some on needed to catch that bullet. Dropping him out of a boat was actually one of the the most important respectful things we could do as 2 of the 3 Abrahamic religions don't believe too about what they call idolatry of symbols. Quit, decisive burials. We could have paraded and desecrated the body like beheaders.
    You mean like we did to Haiti when the USA was full blown imperialist Empire trying to take over another country with Charlemagne Péralte

An officer by career, Charlemagne Péralte was the military chief of the city of Léogâne when the US Marines invaded Haiti in July 1915.

Refusing to surrender to foreign troops without fighting, Péralte resigned from his position and returned to his native town of Hinche to take care of his family's land. In 1917, he was arrested for a botched raid on the Hinche gendarmerie payroll, and was sentenced to five years of forced labor.[1]:212 Escaping his captivity, Charlemagne Péralte gathered a group of nationalist rebels and started guerrilla warfare against the US troops.

Péralte was shot in the heart at close range.[1]:217 Hanneken and his men then fled with Peralte's body strapped onto a mule.[1]:218

In order to discourage rebel support from the Haitian population, the US troops took a picture of Charlemagne Péralte's body tied to a door, and distributed it in the country.
    They dropped fliers of his dead body all over the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You mean like we did to Haiti when the USA was full blown imperialist Empire trying to take over another country with Charlemagne Péralte

They dropped fliers of his dead body all over the island.
    ...where did this even come from and what does it have to do with what he wrote? I mean, I'm sure George Washington kicked a puppy too and he's an asshole and all, but what does that have to do with how the US handled the body of Bin Laden after he was killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...where did this even come from and what does it have to do with what he wrote? I mean, I'm sure George Washington kicked a puppy too and he's an asshole and all, but what does that have to do with how the US handled the body of Bin Laden after he was killed?
    I'm not disagree with them you know... they said:

We could have paraded and desecrated the body like beheaders.
    And it reminded that we indeed did that before and it backfired... and there are a few comments saying that what to do with Bin Landin was a tough choice because it could backfire similar to what happened in Haiti.

I'm not disagree with them you know... they said:

And it reminded that we indeed did that before and it backfired... which there are a few comments saying what to do with Bin Landin was a tough choice because it could backfire similar to what happened in Haiti.
    Yet...we didn't. Unless you go back about a century in US history, which has...what to do with Bin Laden, again? I think PACOX is fairly familiar with how awful much of US history is dude, and I still don't see the relevance to his comment given that he's talking about America circa early 2000's, not America circa the early 1900's

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yet...we didn't. Unless you go back about a century in US history, which has...what to do with Bin Laden, again? I think PACOX is fairly familiar with how awful much of US history is dude, and I still don't see the relevance to his comment given that he's talking about America circa early 2000's, not America circa the early 1900's
    I know PACOX is... not everything I say has to be contrarian to the poster. why don't you take it as "hey remember that one time when we actually did that?"

If I'm talking to someone and they mention "it would be crazy if the french came to America and stole some of our national treasures" and I say "you know that reminds me of the time the french actually did that but to South Korea." I don't think it's at all "weird" to bring up...

The above is essentially just swapping out usa for sk, or osama for haitian nationalist leader. Note here I am not equating them as people, but just looking at the actions of America.

Early 1900s America and present-day America isn't too different when it comes to foreign policy. I mean the invasion of hati literally comes down to the banana wars... which incidentally isn't too radically different to how America acted until well... today. At least some people want to invade and overthrow people in Latin America and it comes down to once again...political systems.

So are you sure the early 20th century America is much different from early 00s America? I'm not convinced... not on foreign policy.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-09-14 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know PACOX is... not everything I say has to be contrarian to the poster. why don't you take it as "hey remember that one time when we actually did that?"
    I read it like as such. Edge probably thought you were engaging in MMO-champ's favorite past time, whataboutism.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I read it like as such. Edge probably thought you were engaging in MMO-champ's favorite past time, whataboutism.
    I can see how it sounds like that looking at the post lol. My assumption was "PACOX probably knows my posting habits and we agree in a lot of political threads so they'll get what I mean" but without that assumption it is ambiguous.

Another thing, I rarely ever get a chance to bring up the Haiti thing, doesn't come up so often. So when you mention parading desecrated bodies it was the perfect opportunity. I also don't think many people even know about that event, let alone that we literally invaded them. And it is all kind of relevant to the issues around 9/11 and the entire war not terror.

I remember studying 9/11 as a kid in the late 2000's and a lot of those videos they had were up for years and now they've been deleted. I hate the censorship on YouTube.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."