Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Its a common opinion too, so much so that a mod was made to skip that part of the game altogether... personally I don't use it, but I do find that pretty funny
    I don't know whats worse about it. The forced transformations or the constant backtracking to collect all the stat ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I seem to recall some areas used at least 3-4 times, and it got old, very fast. Something like that might fly in a huge game like World of Warcraft (we've all seen the same caves and buildings used many times), but not a game as small as this one.
    Worst part is that there is exactly one cave. It has two major areas and about 5-6 entrypoints. Depending on which quest you are doing they just close some ways off with some pretty bad looking rocks that look like a copy pasted JPG. Which it probably is. If you turn the camera into the wall you see the way continues in the shadows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Banjo Kazooie: Love the game, one of my favourites but over time the camera controls have aged horribly that it makes me wonder how I put up with it to begin with :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate: I hate how negative and self-centered WoW's community has become. I know it always has been, but these past 2-3 years it has gotten way worse. I still love the game, and I play it with people who I enjoy playing it with, so it doesn't affect me directly, but coming to sites like this, and other community sites like /r/wow, it's just really sad to see.

Love: I think the Dark Souls series has cool artwork. I think the game(s) is absolute dog shit, the story is presented in the laziest fashion and the game itself is repetitive and boring, but the artwork is pretty cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Like: Final Fantasy 9. Trance system is literally the worst mechanic in ff games period. Can strategize around it, too many times it popped up RIGHT as the battle ends then I have like 2 minutes of down time watching the transformation animation. Add in half of them are useless and we got a winner
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Love: Horizon: Zero Dawn. The world and backstory is amazing, but the present characters are really stiff and doesn't add much to the story apart from Teersa, Sylens and Erend. The rest are kinda flat and I am not sure it's because of the voice actors, the writing or the voice acting direction. I love the game to bits but this annoys me and makes me want to skip dialogue.

Hate: Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I can't stand the sound design and the Zelda mythos in general. I know, I'm an outcast with these views but Zelda games have never been my cup of tea, although I like Zelda-like games like Okami a lot. But I absolutely love the art direction in this game, from armor/weapons to certain monsters and bosses are amazing and I love it for it.

Love witcher 3, hate that I can't play as a proper mage there.
    - i know, I know, witcher and all that. I just love the world and would like to explore it as a real mage,my favorite class archetype in fantasy/rpgs

Love FFXIV on so many levels, but I hate how the engine and world design hold it back.

I hate darkest dungeon and its gameplay, but I love the art and setting.

I hate most modern asian games for their grinding, gambling and p2w, but I generally love the art and class systems.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I don't like to play games on my phone because I don't think phone gameplay is gameplay at all. I only use my phone for work and to read current information. I like to play video games and especially rust. But because of work, I don't have enough free time to play, so I play at weekends. When I've had a productive week or earn more than usual

I don't like to play games on my phone because I don't think phone gameplay is gameplay at all. I only use my phone for work and to read current information. I like to play video games and especially rust. But because of work, I don't have enough free time to play, so I play at weekends. When I've had a productive week or earn more than usual,

Love: Elden Ring.

I dislike how overly complicated the multiplayer is in the game. It's a great metaphor, which is the purpose of all gameplay, but it's too obtuse in a way not useful to the play experience.

From Soft ought to simply have had a "Join Friend Cooperatively" and "Open to Invaders" talismans. The former strictly based on a password/friend code (already in the game) and the latter simply activates automatically in a radius around the summoning pools serving as fighting grounds.

The other options I think are unneeded and overcomplicated things.

Hate: Final Fantasy 8

Triple Triad is one of the best games ever made. It sucks that it is inside another mediocre and shallow game. However, the simple concept, playability, and collections aspects of Triple Triad make it a brilliant digital TCG. Traveling the world to collect cards and find duelists is part Pokemon and Yugioh without being as obnoxious as either.

I would love a Triple Triad Adventure (I'm giving this to you for FREE SQUARE ENIX!!) game set in a pastiche of the Final Fantasy game worlds. Where players assume the card collecting role of a TT Duelist and simply travel the worlds collecting cards and finding folks to duel within various places. Towns would have their own local rules. In the open world, anything goes. You can meet other players in the cities or in the open world and challenge them to duel for fun and special tournaments of Player v Player dueling in various cities.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-04-18 at 05:59 PM.

Love: There are so many games that I love, which either implement achievements in a bugged state, and never fix them, or don't add descriptions to their achievements - something I really dislike. An example would be Age of Decadence. I loved the game, have quite a few playthroughs, and wanted to 100% it in the end. Well, not really possible, as some achievements don't have a useful description, and even online you can only find theories about them / when certain people have gotten them - which were not true for me, so there were many hidden requirements on them, which others just got randomly, and I didn't in several playthroughs.

Hate: I rarely hate / dislike a game and stick around, so it's hard to tell. Maybe Bindings of Isaac - didn't really enjoy the gameplay, or story (or better lack thereof), but it had quite a unique art direction and design at the time.