Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    ...Or I don't associate myself with weirdos.

And yeah. You obviously care. It's okay. It's just my opinion. I don't like anime. Don't take it as a personal insult.
    Why would they not take your taste in video games as a personal insult? That behavior is covered in MMOC trolling 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    FFXIV has cat girls

WoW has fox girls, elves, cow women, female Satyr in the form of dreani

Please, tell me how ffxiv is more "anime" and "human-like animals" than WoW at this point

Love all the spergs freaking out lol, this site is called MMO champion not WoW champion
    Wow bud. Your intellectual maturity is really showing when you need to call people spergs as if anyone who has a legitimate neurological condition is an insul to your existance.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    FFXIV has cat girls

WoW has fox girls, elves, cow women, female Satyr in the form of dreani

Please, tell me how ffxiv is more "anime" and "human-like animals" than WoW at this point

Love all the spergs freaking out lol, this site is called MMO champion not WoW champion
    In your fury, you appear to have missed my point completely.

How about you calm yourself, and try again? Or better yet, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Eh, I play FFXIV as my main mmo, but I only visit MMO-Champion for WoW/blizzard news, i have since it was first created way back in the day, putting other MMO stuff in here would just make it confusing. I hear icy veins might be doing that though so visit them i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Can we get a mod to please close this thread? We don't want FFXIV stuff posted on the front page. End of story.
    Ahh yes an account created this month knows exactly what people want. I smell a ban evader.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard own MMO-C, no? I thought I read about this year's ago and it explains why an MMO site never promotes any MMO besides WoW.
    No, this is not true and never has been.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No.

Simple as that.

The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    i dont think milions of players=5%

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Imagine being so pathetic and jaded you can not accept people enjoy a game that does not affect you.
    If you love to get punched, good for you.

As much as I would like that it's not needed. There are many other better sources for FFXIV news. It would be nice to have it consolodated but there are tons of youtube channels and fan sites. Hell even discord has a lot. This site is way too skewed toward WoW anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Those people are just being juvenile, of course WoW isn't Anime in the way that we in the West think of the term. Disneyfied is a much more apt name for WoW. Not sure why people are up in arms about FFXIV being "Anime", I thought that was appealing to many. But guess any and all negativity towards that game will result in vehement denial from the cult.
    To be honest with you, i dont think I would like wow if I started playing it fresh today.
    I've tried FF but it just wasn't for me, there's was no appeal in the story, the graphics or the gameplay.
    I grew up with warcraft, the OG RTS and generally played blizzard games for long as I can remember so it became sorta natural once I got around to wow, everything was familiar and exciting.
    FF just isn't any of that, at least not for me. And yes, i have played FF since playstation 2... Ironically FF7 and X is among my favorite console games ever.

The site name is MMO-Champion. If they have enough writers, the site should contain more major MMORPGs on the main page, not for FFXIV only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Umm...FFXI was such a massive success for them it literally saved the company from bankruptcy...FFXIV arr did much the same if i recall right.

XI is also still running with a sub and despite being in "Maintenance" it still has updates
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

You don't start a sequel to an MMO 3 years after its released if you think its doing great.

"In 2006, between 200,000 and 300,000 active players logged in per day, with 500,000 total active players and around 150,000 online at any one time.[59] In April 2009, Square Enix announced that the total number of active characters exceeded 2 million for the first time." They had pretty decent numbers a year after they started development

And If you read what I said I said it was a failure in their eyes. Wow was quickly rising and they thought they could/should do better.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-13 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    The site name is MMO-Champion. If they have enough writers, the site should contain more major MMORPGs on the main page, not for FFXIV only.
    If you want to go by the name alone, one could argue that MMO-Champion is about the champion of MMO's. As in, World of Warcraft.

It's just a name, and can mean what you want it to mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This thread is full of so much cope, damn....
    It's actually kind of impressive the amount of pointless malding and shit-slinging going on this thread at the mere mention of FFXIV. Some people really can't handle that WoW isn't the top dog anymore and that a game that's actually been trying has finally overtaken it by what little info we can find about playerbase activity. (considering you can't even make a character on 2 out of 3 US datacenters on FFXIV due to overload...yeah)

I like both FFXIV and WoW. Or I should say, I liked WoW, until they released this dumpster fire and made me forced to go elsewhere with my money. I have no idea what incentive people would have for defending what WoW has become and why someone would even go to bat for defending a company in the first place, let alone one as scummy as Blizzard.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-09-13 at 04:46 AM.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

MMOC is a WoW/Blizzard game fansite. Other games get covered if there is sufficient interest and/or slow news otherwise, but they've always been secondary priority.

Considering our FF subforum is pretty inactive, I am not sure this is a place where people are looking to for FF news but consider the feedback passed along.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |