Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Umm...FFXI was such a massive success for them it literally saved the company from bankruptcy...FFXIV arr did much the same if i recall right.

XI is also still running with a sub and despite being in "Maintenance" it still has updates
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

You don't start a sequel to an MMO 3 years after its released if you think its doing great.

"In 2006, between 200,000 and 300,000 active players logged in per day, with 500,000 total active players and around 150,000 online at any one time.[59] In April 2009, Square Enix announced that the total number of active characters exceeded 2 million for the first time." They had pretty decent numbers a year after they started development

And If you read what I said I said it was a failure in their eyes. Wow was quickly rising and they thought they could/should do better.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-13 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    The site name is MMO-Champion. If they have enough writers, the site should contain more major MMORPGs on the main page, not for FFXIV only.
    If you want to go by the name alone, one could argue that MMO-Champion is about the champion of MMO's. As in, World of Warcraft.

It's just a name, and can mean what you want it to mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This thread is full of so much cope, damn....
    It's actually kind of impressive the amount of pointless malding and shit-slinging going on this thread at the mere mention of FFXIV. Some people really can't handle that WoW isn't the top dog anymore and that a game that's actually been trying has finally overtaken it by what little info we can find about playerbase activity. (considering you can't even make a character on 2 out of 3 US datacenters on FFXIV due to overload...yeah)

I like both FFXIV and WoW. Or I should say, I liked WoW, until they released this dumpster fire and made me forced to go elsewhere with my money. I have no idea what incentive people would have for defending what WoW has become and why someone would even go to bat for defending a company in the first place, let alone one as scummy as Blizzard.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-09-13 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMOC is a WoW/Blizzard game fansite. Other games get covered if there is sufficient interest and/or slow news otherwise, but they've always been secondary priority.

Considering our FF subforum is pretty inactive, I am not sure this is a place where people are looking to for FF news but consider the feedback passed along.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |