Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    It would be nice to see MMO-Champion be a bit more about MMOs in general. Especially with how slow the WoW news are coming out.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Go back to your contention image board site, now!

    lmao
    Is it really a bad thing that I feel optimistic about 9.1.5 and the future of the game?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i want whatever drugs you're doing if you think wow is an anime. just because you use a word doesnt make it true.


    an·i·me
    /ˈanəˌmā/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

    WoW aint that chief.
    Funny. By that definition FF isn't either.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No.

    Simple as that.

    The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

    The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    White knight that shit good sheep...I mean boy
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Is it really a bad thing that I feel optimistic about 9.1.5 and the future of the game?
    Imagine getting punched in the face repeatedly for months, but suddenly the person that punches you says "Within 2 months, I'll switch that punch for a pat in the head, please don't leave me"

    You can be optimistic as much as you want.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    technically 99% left. Blizz said once 30% already stopped playing the game in start area.
    For any game the majority of the world chooses NOT to play it.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Is it really a bad thing that I feel optimistic about 9.1.5 and the future of the game?
    Yes, fixing the shit that they had feedback for over a year on now shouldn't be praised, except you like to get broken systems every expansion that get fixed laterTM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Funny. By that definition FF isn't either.
    Exactly. But we all know why exactly why people like Lora would call Final Fantasy "anime" and not WoW, despite both being super heavily similar in terms of things that popular culture considers "anime."

    It's pretty amazing to me that people still just the term "anime" as a pejorative. As if anime isn't a gigantically successful market in every possible regard.

    WoW is super anime. And that's fine. I love a lot of what it is that seems animeish lol.

    Weird how people seem to think unless you're playing a Korean mmorpg, any other game isn't 'anime.' Which is interesting considering people wanting to trot out a dictionary definition or assume someone is racist for suggesting MoP has heavy Asian themes lol

    Reminds me of when I was in junior high and saw some 13 year old boys lambasting other people for crying at something emotional, because they find it uncool or 'gay' or something. We're out of jr high, kids.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-09-12 at 09:36 AM.

  9. #49
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,416
    It wouldn't hurt to have a FF14 news section like there is for Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm (which aren't even mmos). Problem is the wow junkies have such fragile egos that they can't bear to see any talk about other games, especially with wow and Blizzard itself being even deeper in the shitter than usual atm. I remember people going into full blizzard bootlick mode when they made forum sections for GW2 and FF14.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2021-09-12 at 09:17 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  10. #50
    Check how many people are active on WoW threads and FF14 threads. People here are just much, much more interested in WoW, Overwatch/HoTS/Diablo news are just here by proximity. No need to vent your frustrations.

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Funny. By that definition FF isn't either.
    i never said ff was. because its not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Exactly. But we all know why exactly why people like Lora would call Final Fantasy "anime" and not WoW, despite both being super heavily similar in terms of things that popular culture considers "anime."

    It's pretty amazing to me that people still just the term "anime" as a pejorative. As if anime isn't a gigantically successful market in every possible regard.

    WoW is super anime. And that's fine. I love a lot of what it is that seems animeish lol.

    Weird how people seem to think unless you're playing a Korean mmorpg, any other game isn't 'anime.' Which is interesting considering people wanting to trot out a dictionary definition or assume someone is racist for suggesting MoP has heavy Asian themes lol

    Reminds me of when I was in junior high and saw some 13 year old boys lambasting other people for crying at something emotional, because they find it uncool or 'gay' or something. We're out of jr high, kids.
    please provide proof of me saying final fantasy was an anime. i will wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  12. #52
    it would be smart to do it like the other games along the top, which would generate more traffic to the site which in turn is more money. Of course, they would need to do an analysis to see if the traffic makes up for the expense of hiring someone to run that section, and other expenses.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Without expressing any kind of opinion about what should and should not be covered here there's always been a sort of tension between the site name and the fact that for the most part it's a fan site for a single MMO.
    Judging from the banner of the site, it seems to be a WoW / HotS / OW fansite, or maybe more accurately, a blizzard fansite. It did use to cover other MMOs in the past though, like rift.

    One must say that the name is very weird though. Only 1 of the 3 main supported games covered are mmos. FFXIV should for sure be covered aswell if the site wants to be called mmo-champion, otherwise it should be renamed to blizzard-champion.

  14. #54
    so, a site for 2 1/2 dead games, nice.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh, hell no. I'm deathly allergic to (modern) anime.

    And human-like animals does not anime make.
    I'm not a particular fan of FFXIV either, but this is such an old man comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    We get bikini Tauren pics, yet somehow catgirls bad.

    Start planning for the future and hire someone to update MMO-C with FFXIV news.
    Pretty sure MMO-C are paid by Blizzard to specifically do news on Blizzard games.

    Also, the difference between bikini taurens and catgirls is that the taurens aren't sexualized. Since you brought it up.

  16. #56
    Maybe when FFXIV starts getting more traffic and attention here than WoW.

    Until then, literally no reason. Surely there are dedicated fansites for FFXIV out there.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No.

    Simple as that.

    The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

    The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    Tell that to the streamers.

    I do believe you are wrong.

    The website is called mmo-champion. Not Blizzard champion. If they want to expand, there is nothing stopping them.

    Now, more realisticly, the thing is no data mining is allowed for FFXIV, which would make it difficult to cover news outside the official ones.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-12 at 02:42 PM.

  18. #58
    Keyboard Turner Morcerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh, hell no. I'm deathly allergic to (modern) anime.

    And human-like animals does not anime make.
    Yup. You haven't played the game.

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Site is for World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't checked myself but no doubt there are fan sites for FF14.
    The problem here is that like 10 years ago, @Boubuile had other mmo's news on front page, mostly SWOR, so nothing new really.

    EDIT:
    If people really want to now, i don't even visit main page.


  20. #60
    Keyboard Turner Morcerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    Japan developed = anime, apparently.
    It's actually a bit racist, huh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •