Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

FFXIV news on front page, please

We get bikini Tauren pics, yet somehow catgirls bad.

Start planning for the future and hire someone to update MMO-C with FFXIV news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hell no. I'm deathly allergic to (modern) anime.

And human-like animals does not anime make.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-12 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Site is for World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't checked myself but no doubt there are fan sites for FF14.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post

No.

Simple as that.

The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Site is for World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't checked myself but no doubt there are fan sites for FF14.
    Realistically, Site is for whatever sections they make it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No.

Simple as that.

The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

I, too, can pull numbers out of my ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Realistically, Site is for whatever sections they make it to be.
    Depends if the people who own and run the site and the people who data mine things are interested in FF14.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The site is for mmorpgs in general, just that WoW has always been king and thus has been focused on.

I remember when this site used to give Rift updates, and it was much smaller than FF14 is now.

I agree with OP they should add FF14 news to the site there is no downside, just make the option to filter which news you prefer (if you have a preference)
    I'd forgotten about the Rift news, darn that was a long time ago.

The FF section of the forums hardly gets much traffic judging by the last post being yesterday and there being only a handful of threads even seeing posts in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh, hell no. I'm deathly allergic to (modern) anime.

And human-like animals does not anime make.
    You play WoW, a game with anime pandas, anthropomorphized Wolves and Cows, aliens from outer space, time travel, an entire Japan-inspired expansion, characters using kamehameha's to kill a giant magma dragon, a god stabbing a planet with a sword, ect. And right now you're the afterlife fighting essentially the devil.

You are playing an anime, my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No.

Simple as that.

I mean deny reality all you want but it's not helping anyone lol

Being blindly loyal to a company is so stupid, play a product that is good or don't. Just defending it no matter what does nothing but hurt all of us as gamers, former disaffected WoW players included. We want WoW to be better again.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-09-12 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    You play WoW, a game with anime pandas, an entire Japan expansion, and characters using kamehameha's to kill a giant magma dragon.

You're playing an anime, my dude.
    First time I see someone call WoW anime.

If you are going to dilute the word that much, then all animation that include human-like animals or Japan is anime. And that's just bullcrap.

I'm sorry my distaste for anime turned you into a pretzel.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

First time I see someone call WoW anime.
    Then you have buried your head in the sand.

I'm sorry my distaste for anime turned you into a pretzel.
    I couldn't possibly care less if you liked or disliked anime. Just that it's funny you'd use the, "FF is anime, I play WoW" as the argument when WoW is one of the most anime-like western games ever.

Although it is funny how upset WoW fans get whenever anyone talks about FF14. See above post:

Being blindly loyal to a company is so stupid, play a product that is good or don't. Just defending it no matter what does nothing but hurt all of us as gamers, former disaffected WoW players included. We want WoW to be better again.
    You can be in denial like the guy below me too all you want, but let's stop pretending WoW isn't suuuuuper animu bullshit.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-09-12 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    FF is something I hope to stay far far away from. I hope to never ever see shit from that game anywhere near mmo-c.com

Their are tons of sites you can hit up for FF14remASStered content-this isn’t one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you have buried your head in the sand.

I couldn't possibly care less if you liked or disliked anime. Just that it's funny you'd use the, "FF is anime, I play WoW" as the argument when WoW is one of the most anime-like western games ever.
    ...Or I don't associate myself with weirdos.

And yeah. You obviously care. It's okay. It's just my opinion. I don't like anime. Don't take it as a personal insult.

FFXIV fan sites are generally trash. I’d love to see this site tackle their content as well. As long as the haters can filter it out, we’re all good.

...Or I don't associate myself with weirdos.

And yeah. You obviously care. It's okay. It's just my opinion. I don't like anime. Don't take it as a personal insult.
    Well I hope you can reckon that with the anime game you've supposedly been playing since Vanilla lol

It's pretty astounding that MMO-C hasn't started covering XIV or New World. Seems like a no brainer business move to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post

Eh, "We get bikini Tauren pics, yet somehow catgirls bad"?

MMO-Champion did not decide on the models used by Blizzard Entertainment, as well, I do not believe MMO-Champion has stated that Square Enix's Final Fantasy Catgirls are bad. That was the main point.

As for Final Fantasy XIV v2+, well, that is down to the team of the site to decide if their subforum warrants enough activity for an upgrade, else, there are FFXIV fansites as well if you wish for a larger approach?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The site is for mmorpgs in general, just that WoW has always been king and thus has been focused on.

I remember when this site used to give Rift updates, and it was much smaller than FF14 is now.

I agree with OP they should add FF14 news to the site there is no downside, just make the option to filter which news you prefer (if you have a preference)
    It was once for all MMORPGS. It has since become a Blizzard fan site. At the top of the page you have three options you can select from:

1: WoW
    2: HotS
    3: OW

Clicking on any of those buttons will give you the Front page for each of those games.

I imagine the next button that gets added up there will be for Diablo.

Yeahhhh, no thank you. There has to be a similar website already just for that game? Don't need that anime stuff here, honestly.

an entire Japan-inspired expansion
    Sorry, what expansion was Japan-inspired? Are we being lowkey racist, or just ignorant? I'm unsure with MMO-C users anymore.