Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like to have it as well.. just because it triggers so many people. The tears would be delicious and great content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Except they didn't both fail. Titan has nothing to do with WoW. At all. FF failed and had to shut down and relaunch. WoW has not shut down. Stop trying to promote a false narrative. It is embarrassing.
    titans fail team is your current wow team. Its embarrassing you can't put 1+1 together.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    No I'm not, anime as a word still retains both its meanings.
    Not in the English Language.

You know words can have multiple definitions right?
    They can. But in this case...Anime refers specifically to one specific style of animation. King of the Hill is not, by the defintion we have given the word, "Anime"

It's okay this wont be the last borrowed word we bastardize.
    It won't be...so it's baffling why you feel a need to die on this hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    titans fail team is your current wow team. Its embarrassing you can't put 1+1 together.
    Titan's "fail team" developed Overwatch. It's embarassing you can't put 1+1 together.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I don't wanna be all "Urgh FF is too weeb for me" But I like legit just don't like the artstyle? And yeh, it kinda correlates to the specific aesthetics eastern MMO's seem to rely on.

A bummer tho, because the designs themselves are great, but the artstyle just doesn't do it for me.

Also I just can't with elezen proportions.
    It's also easily among my biggest pet peeves with it. I see FF14 screnshots and I'm like... I get that a lot of work went into this but it's just 100% not to my tastes and I don't like it. That's assuming I can even tell what's going on between all the particle effect, overdesigned outfits and the fact that while it's got a higher fidelity than WoW, it's starting to lag noticeably behind modern games in a way that WoW's cartoony graphics don't.

As for the OP, despite the name this place is clearly more of a Blizzard fansite than a general MMO one. I don't see what's wrong with a FF14 section, but I doubt it's going to attract that many people.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If this will truly hurt someones feelings it could be an opt-in option, then if there's FFXIV news on your front page you only have yourself to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    You really just should give up man.
    Fact: Final Fantasy shut down and had to relaunch
    Fact: WoW has been going for 16 years, soon to be 17.
    Fact: Titan is not WoW

The only reason FFXIV isn't on the front page is likely because the people in charge only care about WoW, seemingly. They don't care how tremendously successful FFXIV is.

- - - Updated - - -

You really just should give up man.
    Fact: Final Fantasy shut down and had to relaunch
    Fact: WoW has been going for 16 years, soon to be 17.
    Fact: Titan is not WoW
    FFXIV realized their problems and relaunched with a far superior product. WoW has been going for 16 years and never tries to be better even after insane amounts of backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Ah thank you for informing me that only the most sophisticated and classy of players play FFXIV, I am just a simple mountain dew chugger. /s

You might not be elitist in skill, but you and so many other FFXIV sure do have the attitude. Honestly feel bad for the FFXIV community, because that attitude is only a cancer that will grow much like it did in the wow community.

Yep, they sure do love their holier-than-thou platitude over there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...munity_at_the/

They are too relaxed and welcoming, their gamestyle too inclusive to be toxic... Only, they go the opposite direction and become toxic about their perceived superiority in taste and fandom.

Just shows that no matter what, humans WILL create "us vs them". I shouldn't be surprised after what I saw as a moderator on a dog forum, but hell...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only reason FFXIV isn't on the front page is likely because the people in charge only care about WoW, seemingly. They don't care how tremendously successful FFXIV is.
    Yeah the FF part of the forums is VERY robust with... let's see, 34 people viewing. Woo!

- - - Updated - - -

FFXIV realized their problems and relaunched with a far superior product. WoW has been going for 16 years and never tries to be better even after insane amounts of backlash.
    You are providing an opinion. I was providing facts. I don't care about your 'feels' on the issue. I am correcting wrong statements made by someone else.

And as far as your opinion goes: You may view FF as superior. I don't. Simple as that.

English sucks ass then, I'm glad there arent actually rules like that.
    There are actually rules like that. They're called definitions. In the English language...we use the English definitions of words. A different language definition of a word doesn't apply.

It doesn't though, I certainly didnt use it that way.
    It does. It's literally the definition of how the word is used in the english language. Considering we are speaking english...that's the definition that applies. How you are using the word is objectively incorrect. By saying KotH is a "American Anime" You are, by definition, saying that KotH is "American Japanese Animation"

I'm not dying on any hill, you're the one dying on the "not understanding how words work" hill.
    Words work by their defintion. You aren't using the word by it's definition. If anyone is having trouble undserstanding how words work...it is you.

Anime refers to a specific kind of animation. King of the Hill does not fall in line with that specific kind of animation. Again, you are calling a Knife a Spoon because they both fall under the general category of sliverware.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-12 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there could just be a Final Fantasy page with news on the front page like there is for Heroes and Overwatch. Final Fantasy 14 is more active than both of those games anyways.

Yeah the FF part of the forums is VERY robust with... let's see, 34 people viewing. Woo!

- - - Updated - - -

You are providing an opinion. I was providing facts. I don't care about your 'feels' on the issue. I am correcting wrong statements made by someone else.

And as far as your opinion goes: You may view FF as superior. I don't. Simple as that.
    You were leaving out actual facts and why those things happened. You don't view FFXIV in a positive light because you cling to WoW. This is evident by how you blatantly left out information for WHY FFXIV relaunched and how WoW has become an abject failure in their 16 years of running. Also forum viewing doesn't declare success. Maybe the reason there aren't so many people viewing it is because the people in charge of this site have made it clear they don't give a fuck about any game that isn't made by Blizzard.

Oh and there's the fact that every single FFXIV thread gets fucking invaded by WoW fanatics to talk about how shit they think the game is.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-09-12 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I, too, can pull numbers out of my ass.
    Facts not numbers. I play both games and every single time I step foot in wow it has 4x more players I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    You play WoW, a game with anime pandas, anthropomorphized Wolves and Cows, aliens from outer space, time travel, an entire Japan-inspired expansion, characters using kamehameha's to kill a giant magma dragon, a god stabbing a planet with a sword, ect. And right now you're the afterlife fighting essentially the devil.

You are playing an anime, my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean deny reality all you want but it's not helping anyone lol

Being blindly loyal to a company is so stupid, play a product that is good or don't. Just defending it no matter what does nothing but hurt all of us as gamers, former disaffected WoW players included. We want WoW to be better again.
    I literally play both games. Since day 1 ive played wow has had way more people in the world. Ive gone 15 mins in ff14 without seeing 1 person. Whereas I can barely go 2 in wow without seeing someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Imagine getting punched in the face repeatedly for months, but suddenly the person that punches you says "Within 2 months, I'll switch that punch for a pat in the head, please don't leave me"

You can be optimistic as much as you want.
    Imagine being so pathetic and jaded you can not accept people enjoy a game that does not affect you.

You were leaving out actual facts and why those things happened. You don't view FFXIV in a positive light because you cling to WoW. This is evident by how you blatantly left out information for WHY FFXIV relaunched and how WoW has become an abject failure in their 16 years of running. Also forum viewing doesn't declare success. Maybe the reason there aren't so many people viewing it is because the people in charge of this site have made it clear they don't give a fuck about any game that isn't made by Blizzard.

Oh and there's the fact that every single FFXIV thread gets fucking invaded by WoW fanatics to talk about how shit they think the game is.
    Dude I don't CARE about why things happened. I provided facts. FF shut down. That is an indisputable fact. It does not matter why it happened.
    You can view WoW as a failure, I don't give a shit. It is still providing plenty of entertainment for players and continues to rake in money. Wow did not shut down. This is also a fact.

You act like FF fans don't invade threads to spout how amazing that game is. Both sides do it, it doesn't matter. That is just 'whataboutism' and you trying to deflect from the facts.

For what it is worth I don't mind FF. I've played it off and on and it holds my interest on new expansions and here and there. I don't enjoy the raiding in the game for me so after I gear up and do the dungeons I'm out. I don't find the game as good as WoW and that is okay, that is my opinion. FF is not an 'abject failure' nor is WoW. The first version of FF was an abject failure hence the shut down and reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That is quite literally impossible since the meaning of any given word is partially derived from its cultural context and you're going to have a different cultural context than whatever language you're borrowing from. Also, there wouldn't be a borrowing of "anime" if it had a general meaning, it would be pointless because we already have words for animation or cartoons, it only has a function because it is being used as a specialized meaning.

I mean, we also have the numbers.

FFXIV's subforum on MMO-C has fewer viewers than the druid specific subforum.
    The thing about data is that you can manipulate it to create any outcome you desire. For instance, yes FFXIV has a dismally low viewer number than a WoW class subforum....ON A WOW FOCUSED SITE!

Now here me out...if MMO-C made an effort to include FFXIV news and content....maybe...just maybe, more people who play FFXIV would come to MMO-C?

Absurd I know.

And not sure why anime is being mentioned still four pages in, it's obviously not an anime game and anyone who says so is a moron.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2021-09-12 at 10:19 PM.

There arent.
    There are. Definitions are rules.

Anime is still simply defined as animation, you cant just ignore its usage in other languages entirely, it's just your definition is the one more commonly used by English speakers.
    Considering this is an english forum, yes, I can ignore other languages definitions for words...because applying another languages defintion of a word is just am unnecessary complication.

If you knew what you were talking about youd know that there are different schools of thought on this, hence why at the very start I said "I'm in the camp of". There is no objectively wrong or right here, that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what language is. Whoever taught you about language really did a bad job.
    Objectively, the word has a specific meaning in the english language... which, again, is the language we speak on this forum. It's actually in the site rules to only post in English.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-12 at 10:18 PM.

Dude I don't CARE about why things happened. I provided facts. FF shut down. That is an indisputable fact. It does not matter why it happened.
    You can view WoW as a failure, I don't give a shit. It is still providing plenty of entertainment for players and continues to rake in money. Wow did not shut down. This is also a fact.

You act like FF fans don't invade threads to spout how amazing that game is. Both sides do it, it doesn't matter. That is just 'whataboutism' and you trying to deflect from the facts.

For what it is worth I don't mind FF. I've played it off and on and it holds my interest on new expansions and here and there. I don't enjoy the raiding in the game for me so after I gear up and do the dungeons I'm out. I don't find the game as good as WoW and that is okay, that is my opinion. FF is not an 'abject failure' nor is WoW. The first version of FF was an abject failure hence the shut down and reboot.
    Because you're phrasing it like FFXIV shut down for good when it didn't. They remade the game because players were unhappy. That's a GOOD thing. And WoW players derail every single FFXIV that is posted and it's the FFXIV forums don't have a lot of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    The thing about data is that you can manipulate it to create any outcome you desire. For instance, yes FFXIV has a dismally low viewer number than a WoW class subforum....ON A WOW FOCUSED SITE!

Now here me out...if MMO-C made an effort to include FFXIV news and content....maybe...just maybe, more people who play FFXIV would come to MMO-C?

Absurd I know.
    Alternatively, you can find a site dedicated to FFXIV and this site doesn't have to change at all.

Equally absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's also easily among my biggest pet peeves with it. I see FF14 screnshots and I'm like... I get that a lot of work went into this but it's just 100% not to my tastes and I don't like it. That's assuming I can even tell what's going on between all the particle effect, overdesigned outfits and the fact that while it's got a higher fidelity than WoW, it's starting to lag noticeably behind modern games in a way that WoW's cartoony graphics don't.
    That's the one thing that WoW 100% succeeds for me, its cartoony artstyle has aged wonderfully; the aesthetics of it are just so refined at this point, with the cinematics showcasing that as an stylistic choice rather than a limitation, not unlike The Clone Wars looked by season 7.

WoW just looks good because it prioritizes style over fidelity, and fidelity will always decrepit over time.

FF to me just kinda looks flat and muddled; like I can see some isolated outfits and they look great, but all the detail gets muddy and lost. There's a reason why in WoW the buckles of a vambrace look as large as belt buckles.