10+ Year Old Account

How low can we assume the playerbase sub will be? 500k-1M?

Let's be honest, WoW has probably far below 1M active subs right now. The game/company has have gotten a big hit of negativity, SL already was off a bad start after a content draught at launch already.

People are mad, Blizzard barely giving their playerbase any content and the developers arent happy either.
    Rumours are that there are barely any work being done when it comes to actual content.

So how low do you expect the subs to be at right now? 500k? 750k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    between 500k and 1m based on google trends activity, but dropping fast
    wow 1 is done and it's okay, let's preserve it

Let's be honest, none of you have the slightest clue and "wow is dead" threads are really tiresome.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Let's be honest, none of you have the slightest clue and "wow is dead" threads are really tiresome.
    What a fanboy. WoW has 12k (11k playing Classic) and FF14 has 15.5M. Data taken brom Bing Trends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be shocked if WoW has over 2 million. I think WoW has hit its cosy period where it has its fanbase and they are gonna stay there for a long time. How many subs is that I don't know. WoW has its faithful following and WoW will keep surviving on that, they are still making money. I would like WoW to end personally, but with 15 years of people invested, I cannot see it doing so unless they can make money out of it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

500k -1mil is pessimistic asf, blizzard doesn’t release their numbers so we’ll never know and going by forum posts and streamers is just as bad, log on to these med to high pop servers do a census yourself and see how many players are playing

It wouldn't surprise me if the classic TBC player group is similar or bigger than retail. It was for sure during classic. But I'd guess about 1.5 million total. Lots of people addicted until the day it shuts down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "WoW is Dying/Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead