Page 1 of 35
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs up I feel optimistic about WoW

    With all the positive changes to the game coming in 9.1.5, I can't help feel optimistic about the game and the direction they are heading in with it.

    I'm excited to see what 9.2 brings, and 9.3, and eventually a new expansion in 10.0. I bet they will plan some massive expansion for 10.0 to celebrate 20 years of WoW.

    Do you feel optimistic about WoW and where its headed?

  2. #2
    Not particularly, but I do hope they eventually reel me back in. The universe of Warcraft has been a big part of my life since my childhood.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Not particularly, but I do hope they eventually reel me back in. The universe of Warcraft has been a big part of my life since my childhood.
    Positive changes to the game have to start somewhere, and I think the WoW development team are doing a great job with the planned changes in 9.1.5. It can only get better from here, and id really like to finish off Shadowlands strong with some cool lore and conclusions to some of the storylines.

  4. #4
    nope, the 9.1.5 changes are not helping me feel better at all and don't address the issues that prevent me from coming back beyond the once every other week or so login.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    nope, the 9.1.5 changes are not helping me feel better at all and don't address the issues that prevent me from coming back beyond the once every other week or so login.
    Do explain.

  6. #6
    Just like flying mounts in 9.1 did not suddenly make WoW this crazy new fantastic experience, the switching of covenants and grindable thorgast in 9.1.5 won't change much either.

    I don't think the reason you don't enjoy WoW has anything to do with these things.

    I don't think a 9.2 with a new zone, a new raid, a new dungeon and some new story quests will bring many back. I don't think a 9.3 will either.

    10.0 is the only real shot to make it popular again. And I think it needs to focus on making the game more social. More people talking to each other, in a friendly manner. For instance by making the guilds attractive to casuals.

  7. #7
    I wish I could say the same

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Do explain.
    Shadowlands is a turd. No amount of polish will make it shine. The very foundations of this expansion are flawed. Thus, only an expansion has the potential to change the structure enough to warrant interest from people who were turned off by Shadowlands.

    I like the tone that these most recent changes set, but it’s impossible for them to “turn things around” at this point in the cycle.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Shadowlands is a turd. No amount of polish will make it shine. The very foundations of this expansion are flawed. Thus, only an expansion has the potential to change the structure enough to warrant interest from people who were turned off by Shadowlands.

    I like the tone that these most recent changes set, but it’s impossible for them to “turn things around” at this point in the cycle.
    They turned things around with BFA. Why couldn't they turn it around in shadowlands? And what "foundations" of this expansion are flawed, especially given the light of the recent changes?

  10. #10
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,803
    Maybe. The issue is really one of reacting to feedback which is a very different thing that learning from feedback. We're seeing the former, not the latter (yet) and won't until the next expansion rolls around and we know some details.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    They turned things around with BFA. Why couldn't they turn it around in shadowlands? And what "foundations" of this expansion are flawed, especially given the light of the recent changes?
    they did infact NOT turn things around in BFA. no clue where u got that idea from. they tried with Benth gear, ppl hated it, they tried with corruption, and it was the worst shit we've ever seen.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    they did infact NOT turn things around in BFA. no clue where u got that idea from. they tried with Benth gear, ppl hated it, they tried with corruption, and it was the worst shit we've ever seen.
    That's not true we have shards of domination.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    With all the positive changes to the game coming in 9.1.5, I can't help feel optimistic about the game and the direction they are heading in with it.

    I'm excited to see what 9.2 brings, and 9.3, and eventually a new expansion in 10.0. I bet they will plan some massive expansion for 10.0 to celebrate 20 years of WoW.

    Do you feel optimistic about WoW and where its headed?
    What positive changes? This is all baseline shit that players should not have had to endure for 10-11 months. They're not doing it because they want to, they're doing it because their backs are against the wall.

    The hubris of the wow team is on another level. It's been a solid 10+ years of 'we know best and the players are wrong' mentality for me to ever think they will change

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    they did infact NOT turn things around in BFA. no clue where u got that idea from. they tried with Benth gear, ppl hated it, they tried with corruption, and it was the worst shit we've ever seen.
    Gearing and itemization was almost perfect at the end of BFA. The randomness, and cool effects from the corrupted gear, and changing Azerite armor was almost universally praised by the players. Nyalotha was extremely well done, and the quest daily content was engaging for almost the entire patch life. Also soloable content from the Stormwind and Orgrimmar scenarios was a ton of fun, especially when you did the max.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    What positive changes? This is all baseline shit that players should not have had to endure for 10-11 months. They're not doing it because they want to, they're doing it because their backs are against the wall.

    The hubris of the wow team is on another level. It's been a solid 10+ years of 'we know best and the players are wrong' mentality for me to ever think they will change
    If they implemented all the changes that players have "wanted" over the years, the game would be a complete disaster and would have lost much more players earlier on.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    If they implemented all the changes that players have "wanted" over the years, the game would be a complete disaster and would have lost much more players earlier on.
    Where did I mention what players "want"?

  16. #16
    all they did was what they would have normaly added in last shadowlands patch,they did it early this time because of desperation,losing milions of players is pretty bad

    when an expansion launches with these changes and no bs systems maybe they can get some credit

  17. #17
    No, because of the same reason you do.
    These changes are bad ideas outright, that compromise the structure they have built, and are only happening to placate an audience that is fickle and selfish.
    They do not actually want any one change, instead they just want as much as possible for as little effort as possible, and wont stop until the game is transformed.

    Its quite funny to me actually, that this has transpired this way.
    Because in the heat of the Nostalrius days during Wod into Legion, the most common complaint I heard about the game was "it is too dumbed down."
    That everything basic about the game has been made irrelevant and only the absolutely top level of the game was challenging.

    Obviously foolish, but true in a way as well.

    Now the community has seemingly completely done a 180.
    Are any of those people shouting "the game is too easy" in WoD still here?

    I don't know, but after 5 years of them trying to add more and more to do in the game in an attempt to placate the origin of THAT complaint, we are now doing the opposite again.

    I hope people will actually be happy, and the game can enjoy another period like Legion where things seem stable and progressing, but sadly I do not expect this to be the case.

    Far too many people just listen to influencers and go along with other people's opinions instead of create their own.
    The game is no longer able to be created as envisioned, and that will do nothing but harm to the game itself.

    The players may be happy, but you can not design a game like this to always be 100 percent in the benefit of the players.
    Its just not possible, and trying to do so is what led to the mediocre middle years of this game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Do explain.
    no flying in the current content
    anima effort to rewards still too low for me
    too many systems and pointless farming (e.g.legendary crafting mats)
    no badge system beyond something for M+
    WQ's that just feel drawn out for the sake of keeping you logged in
    shitty drop rates (or RNG hates me)

    off the top of my head.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,916
    I really hope 9.1.5 is indicative of a change in strategy, but I really doubt it. We've been through this before, albeit generally later in the expansion that they fix their busted systems and integrate feedback.

    I like that they've been replying to player threads to address feedback, I hope that keeps up too.

    I hope we get more community managers so they can keep a better pulse on community desires, and that they foster a better relationship with the community, instead of thinking they know better than the people who play the game.

    Data needs to stop determining every decision they make. It has sucked the soul out of WoW.

    If they do these things, I think WoW will have a golden age. they've made good steps but we'll see if they stick to it. I am not optimistic, but I am always hopeful.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  20. #20
    20 years of WoW won't be until 2024.

    Assuming the 2 year release schedule that they've always followed, that won't be until 11.0. Not 10.0.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •