Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Theres not a single thing to be optimistic about in retail wow and I doubt there will be for a long time

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    They hate factual numbers especially if are from Blizzard API
    Hey now, it's a well known fact that the Blizzard official API is full of lies and made up numbers. It's during the investor calls when they can be completely honest and not mislead anyone.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Can you explain your reasoning?

    All MMOs have elements of randomness. Thats what makes games exciting. If you played a game where you could calculate everything to get done on an excel spreadsheet, that would make for a pretty boring game.
    Yes. They have the effect of random drops so they can be repeatable. They dont have the effect of random drops on top of random stats on top of random titanforging on top of randomly rolling corruption or not on top of random corruption type on top of random corruption tier on top of random corruption proc.
    You understand why this much randomness is garbage?
    And while it was toned down at the end of BfA, the overall randomness of effects made each class very peculiar to play and almost unrecognizable to the point where most of your damage was coming from corruptions and essences rather than your class abilities. Which honestly doesnt feel that amazing.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its because its an mmorpg,character progression is vital,in a tornument yes,have it be equal sure
    I can understand that I don't understand the draw I think is the best way I can put it.

    I would love a ranked queue where all gear had no stats and used a predetermined dmg applier.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this is so weird to me....pvp felt like the worst it ever was,people with some legenderies like rogues could 1 shot you in the world,and the stat template was complete shit,no gear progression is pure trash in an mmo

    As opposed to SL where rogues, druids, and wars could 1 shot you without legendaries? Not to mention fire mages?

  6. #546
    Banned Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,524
    On top of Blizzard pulling the same ripcord the last 4 expansions because of plummeting subs, they're now going through and removing sexuality from female characters and the world. Blizzard: Giving Jaina a shirt to cover up her bust isn't going to do anything about your public image. In fact, it's only made it worse. People like sexy characters. They just want your employees to keep their dick in their pants and their hands to themselves.

    Blizzard has no clue how to fix its image, and it's only doing things to make it worse.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    On top of Blizzard pulling the same ripcord the last 4 expansions because of plummeting subs, they're now going through and removing sexuality from female characters and the world. Blizzard: Giving Jaina a shirt to cover up her bust isn't going to do anything about your public image. In fact, it's only made it worse. People like sexy characters. They just want your employees to keep their dick in their pants and their hands to themselves.

    Blizzard has no clue how to fix its image, and it's only doing things to make it worse.
    If censoring the game will prevent them from sexually assaulting their coworkers I think it's a good thing. Now I can't really see what one has to do with the other but then again I'm not a sexual predator so that could be why.

  8. #548
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,166
    That makes one of us man
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Yes. They have the effect of random drops so they can be repeatable. They dont have the effect of random drops on top of random stats on top of random titanforging on top of randomly rolling corruption or not on top of random corruption type on top of random corruption tier on top of random corruption proc.
    You understand why this much randomness is garbage?
    And while it was toned down at the end of BfA, the overall randomness of effects made each class very peculiar to play and almost unrecognizable to the point where most of your damage was coming from corruptions and essences rather than your class abilities. Which honestly doesnt feel that amazing.
    But that era is long gone. We are now in Shadowlands. Much of that randomness was reduced. Blizzard gave us a lot more control over what loot we get and putting sockets on our gear and such.

    I agree too much randomness can over do it, but it feels really good right now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    At least now for positive change they have replace two ingame wall pictures because some people got offended by skin exposure and those pictures got replace by fruits.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/vanilla...__1aRiyUr2_YPM


    Next patch they will probably replace the name World Of Warcraft with World of Wokecraft and they will replace all male heroes by non gender native and black lesbian
    Pretty spot on. I can't disagree with you in the slightest.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    They turned things around with BFA. Why couldn't they turn it around in shadowlands? And what "foundations" of this expansion are flawed, especially given the light of the recent changes?
    Yeah, they didn't turn BFA around at all. It was shit from start to finish for mostly the same reasons SL has been mediocre at best.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    On top of Blizzard pulling the same ripcord the last 4 expansions because of plummeting subs, they're now going through and removing sexuality from female characters and the world. Blizzard: Giving Jaina a shirt to cover up her bust isn't going to do anything about your public image. In fact, it's only made it worse. People like sexy characters. They just want your employees to keep their dick in their pants and their hands to themselves.

    Blizzard has no clue how to fix its image, and it's only doing things to make it worse.
    I'm sure there's some logic behind covering Jaina's breasts as it relates to sexual misconduct in the workplace but you'd have to be a massive creep to understand that logic.

    I don't understand how anyone could become such a massive shill that you continue to support that company.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Yeah, they didn't turn BFA around at all. It was shit from start to finish for mostly the same reasons SL has been mediocre at best.
    I disagree with you 100%.

    BFA was actually a good expansion, and heres why:

    • Raids were fantastic. Some of the better raids the game has ever seen mechanics / astetics wise.
    • Character Balance almost perfect. From both a PvE and PvP perspective, classes had their strengths and weaknesses, and there were hard counters to certain classes, which made them interesting and fun to play.
    • Azerite Abilities. Chooseable azerite abilities that changed up the class gameplay a bit was a lot of fun, and theorycrafting the best ones was HUGE in the community.
    • Zones were fantastic. Its not really arguable that the zones in BFA were some of the best, most well designed zones the game has ever seen.
    • M+ seasons were varied and fun. Each season had a unique theme, and it fit within the context of the patches.
    • Islands. Not perfect implementation, but they were still fun, and rewarded fun toys, cosmetics and mounts. It wasn't meant to be a means to gear up and power up alts.

    Was everything about BFA good? No. But to call the entire expansion shit is just disingenuous and unfair at best. I think this is one of those cases of "show me on this doll where blizzard hurt you". You can't just say definitively that the entire expansion was "shit" when clearly there were things about it that was actually good.

    What about BFA do you think was "shit?". It was the proper south seas expansion the community wanted.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    On top of Blizzard pulling the same ripcord the last 4 expansions because of plummeting subs, they're now going through and removing sexuality from female characters and the world. Blizzard: Giving Jaina a shirt to cover up her bust isn't going to do anything about your public image. In fact, it's only made it worse. People like sexy characters. They just want your employees to keep their dick in their pants and their hands to themselves.

    Blizzard has no clue how to fix its image, and it's only doing things to make it worse.
    Actually let's take it one step further and just rename the game World of Craft, because clearly War isn't designed for children.
    After seeing those pictures i am really concerned about D4...will it be censored? Will the demons be replaced by cyborgs that bleed blue liquids? Is lillith not allowed to go nude and needs to wear a bikini?

    Questions...

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    As opposed to SL where rogues, druids, and wars could 1 shot you without legendaries? Not to mention fire mages?
    i dont know,havent played sl pased just getting to 60,i heard people praising pvp in sl with the removal of the bfa hidden thing,i guess as always scaling just screws it up,the game just needs a fundamental adjustment to these insane power scalings,i know they reduced it by 3 or 5? ilvls per tier in sl if im not mistaken,but i guess it wasnt enouh

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Which group of people, specifically?
    The "woke" crowd.

    Pandering to them has been tried in various different media outlets and has only resulted in catastrophic outcomes(for said outlet). I'm not talking catastrophic in terms of outrage and such - simply in terms of bottom line income.

    Turns out it really is just a very vocal minority :/ Who guessed.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The "woke" crowd.

    Pandering to them has been tried in various different media outlets and has only resulted in catastrophic outcomes(for said outlet). I'm not talking catastrophic in terms of outrage and such - simply in terms of bottom line income.
    For example?

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    For example?
    This week or this year?

    He man remake, mexican superman, most Disney stuff gets a pass on name so I won't count that... that fat star fire girl.

    It's more or less people who want to insert their weird identity politics or sexual repression into art.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    FF14 YEARLY POPULATION CHART:
    https://mmo-population.com/r/ffxiv

    ElderScrolls Online YEARLY POPULATION CHART:
    https://mmo-population.com/r/elderscrollsonline

    Shadowlands release date: November 23, 2020

    You can see how the numbers goes up for both games during Shadowland expansion (people leaving in higher numbers and moving into these two games). And since Activision/Blizzard doesn't dare to show their real numbers anymore, I'm afraid, i have to use the numbers of the other games to show the flow of players moving into these games. Other MMO's are missing from my numbers, because i don't play them, but i bet their numbers also went up.

    Shadowlands has been the worst expansion since CATA:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...ft-shadowlands
    User Score: 4.3.

    Cata:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...raft-cataclysm
    User Score: 5.8

    Legion:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...arcraft-legion
    User Score: 7.5

    I mention the User Score, because is the real score based on the player base. Not payed critics.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is also a poor excuse to not see the reality of Activision/Blizzard World or Warcraft situation that this company is living today.
    More news about it:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...-busting-nlrb/

    Why the Lawsuit is important to this discussion? Because it affects the quality of what its being delivered to the players. August and September has been a "Damage Control" for Blizzard. They have started to make changes to the game, in a hurry to keep the players from leaving the game. These changes are not for being "the good devs that listen to the player base", its more like a desperate measure to reduce the damage done to the game popularity and the company reputation.

    When you ask something like: Do you have any subscription data to back up your claims? You clearly know that we lack the subscription numbers, because Blizzard removed them the moment they started to lose subs and that started to look bad on their board presentations to the investors. So please, stop pretending that game is "doing great", because it isn't.
    this is the simple truth. everyone (with some it/developer knowhow) can check this by fetching the wow armory api, combinig data from warcraftlogs and r.io, filter out alt characters and getting EXACT numbers of active players. the thing that Bellular did in his video, was waaay less accurate what we did just for fun, and i can tell you for sure: Bellulars picture is miles better than the reality.

    back to topic: quoted poster is 100% right. Blizz is simply in full damage control mode. if you work in that business for 20+ years, you can exactly see what happens.

    you just have to look at the specific features of 9.1.5: its all effective stuff. things that fullfill 3 rules:

    - it must be ready fast. so it must be recycling, or stuff (easily customizable a bit) that already exists or simple things. FAST
    - it must be usable on a feature list, must deliver useable stuff to customers, must be a lot of small things for big patch notes.
    - it must be targeted at the ppls wishes. it have to fullfill some form of „we listen to you. we are there.“ agenda.

    to make it a bit clearer, it can NOT be this:

    - long term huge investment
    - new things
    - trying things
    - things that need time
    - things that need huge testing
    - things that are coupled to many other things and maybe can hurt game/gamedesign
    - things that are critical and not a „safe thing“
    - some good technical improvements, but not very realized by user (like improving 10% of latency etc)

    you could label 9.1.5 the „damage control patch“. its EXACTLY that and everything they do is EXACTLY what you would do, for damage control. its such obvious i dont even know how someone can even discuss it. and its not a bad or a good thing. its just what a company like Blizz does, when being at this point, they are at the moment. not more, not less.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-17 at 06:32 AM.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    This week or this year?

    He man remake, mexican superman, most Disney stuff gets a pass on name so I won't count that... that fat star fire girl.

    It's more or less people who want to insert their weird identity politics or sexual repression into art.
    He man's remake didn't fail because it's woke, it failed because it had a completely misleading marketing campaign and people didn't get what was expected. You'll note that She-ra, a show that dipped significantly into woke, did quite well, was greenlit for four additional seasons and considered successful enough to go from almost zero product development to quite a bit, including secondary comic books and the like.

    You yourself are currently using an avatar from a show wherein the bisexual creator was very specific (to the point of arguing with executives) about the protagonist being bisexual.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    For example?
    Are you coming at this from a bad faith pov or do you actually not know?

    The batwomen series, the recent all girls remake of pop culture movies, Marvel(the hero), the he-man remake, the black widow movie. I mean i could go on and on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •