Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except reviewing bombing doesn't affect the critic review score, only the user side, so it shoots a bit of a contradiction into your idea there.
    You need to think again about what I wrote, since you totally botched reading for comprehension. Yes, it only affects the user side. It lets the user side review avoid the score compression that comes from Suck Up Syndrome, where professional reviewers play softball with game companies that ultimately send advertising $$$ to them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And this is an attempt to shield game companies from criticism. We must ignore their behavior when reviewing their product, you are telling us.

My zero was Before Cosby, but IMO it's totally valid to fold that into a review.
    Pointing out a simple fact isn't shielding the company itself. Fez should be nuked into oblivion by your logic then because Phil Fish went off the hook.

Criticism of the creation and the creator are two different things. It's why Harry Potter is still widely accepted while J.K. Rowling is considered a joke.

Criticism of the creation and the creator are two different things.
    I simply reject this statement, and the conclusions you draw from it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

You need to think again about what I wrote, since you totally botched reading for comprehension. Yes, it only affects the user side. It lets the user side review avoid the score compression that comes from Suck Up Syndrome, where professional reviewers play softball with game companies that ultimately send advertising $$$ to them.
    The amount of times people love to blame others for their own flawed examples on these forums is a bit over the top honestly.

Your example makes no sense if the reviews aren't totaled together because they don't affect each other.

I simply reject this statement, and the conclusions you draw from it.
    I think it's clear you're not actually here to discuss then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    If they implemented all the changes that players have "wanted" over the years, the game would be a complete disaster and would have lost much more players earlier on.
    Its not ideas, its been a solid 10 years of them ignoring beta feedback only for it to turn out exactly like the players gave feedback on...
    They dont care or are too incompetent to care or its a conscious decision to timegate and stretch non existent content.
    Regardless, enough is enough... Blizz need to put their money where their mouths are to get anyone back...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

Furthermore, the metacritic userscore for Shadowlands isn't even that much lower than other expansions like Warlords of Draenor and it's still a lot better than BfA.
    Give it time the holidays just ended, but yeah it will be hard to beat BfA's user score, but i believe in SL.

With all the positive changes to the game coming in 9.1.5, I can't help feel optimistic about the game and the direction they are heading in with it.

I'm excited to see what 9.2 brings, and 9.3, and eventually a new expansion in 10.0. I bet they will plan some massive expansion for 10.0 to celebrate 20 years of WoW.

Do you feel optimistic about WoW and where its headed?
    Why would you feel optimistic, they do this shit every single expansion. They ignore feedback, playerbase leaves the game, they're forced to make huge drastic changes for players to come back, they say they'll do better, never do better, repeat. Every single expansion since WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I think it's clear you're not actually here to discuss then.
    I see. Your axiom is inviolate, my disagreement is "not here to discuss".

Who elected you god king of MMO-C? Are there any other "facts" that we must not disagree with?

I see. Your axiom is inviolate, my disagreement is "not here to discuss".

Who elected you god king of MMO-C?
    You're the one who responded just to dismiss what I said because you don't like it. That is what's generally considering "not discussing".

Has nothing to do with being a "God king", when you're acting as if your opinion is the final word. So there's no reason to waste my time trying to discuss anything with you when you just don't care to hear it.

You're the one who responded just to dismiss what I said because you don't like it. That is what's generally considering "not discussing".
    "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." -- Hitchen's Razor

I consider the artist and their art to be inseparable. One cannot judge the latter while ignoring the former. Art exists in a social context; to ignore that context is to blind oneself and support things that should not be supported.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." -- Hitchen's Razor

I consider the artist and their art to be inseparable. One cannot judge the latter while ignoring the former. Art exists in a social context; to ignore that context is to blind oneself and support things that should not be supported.
    Except I gave two scenarios where exactly what I said has happened.

Would you like me to continue with more, like FNAF and that whole ordeal?

If you want to view the creators and the creation together that's fine, but that isn't the way it works usually, outside of the situation of review bombing which is considered a negative. Which mind you, tends to happen when a new creation aligns with a situation with the creator happening.

Except I gave two scenarios where exactly what I said has happened.
    I wasn't disputing that it happened. I disputed that it was a problem.

That just seems dumb. I simply care about the products quality. It could be made by the most despicable person alive and unless they personally menaced me in some I can say it simply isn't my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    That just seems dumb. I simply care about the products quality.
    Yes, and I judge you negatively for that.

Yes, and I judge you negatively for that.
    If you must. I don't look for morality from outside but from within. If a killer makes the finest knives I will still try to own the finest knives.

The object has no properties that change instill it with artificial ones is akin to believing in magic.

Has nothing to do with being a "God king", when you're acting as if your opinion is the final word. So there's no reason to waste my time trying to discuss anything with you when you just don't care to hear it.
    Even though I d use a more modern word for it, you have certainly earned the first part of your forum name.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    If you must. I don't look for morality from outside but from within. If a killer makes the finest knives I will still try to own the finest knives.

The object has no properties that change instill it with artificial ones is akin to believing in magic.
    I'd have to agree with you on this one.

Osmeric and many others seem to have the inability to distinguish from the product and the people making the product. Furthermore, it was only a small handful of people who contributed to the problem, if not only a couple or three. 99.9999% of the employees had nothing to do with any of the issues presented by the allegations.

Just because some people may have allegedly done something bad, doesn't mean the product = bad or not worth playing.

Just because some people may have allegedly done something bad, doesn't mean the product = bad or not worth playing.
    What do you mean allegedly?? They're getting sued, people are being fired left and right and someone fucking died.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    What do you mean allegedly?? They're getting sued, people are being fired left and right and someone fucking died.
    Do you know the difference between alleged and proven?

wow, i NEVER EVER saw one person that so heavily complain about what others do, while in reality doing exactly what he complains. ALL THE TIME.

time to ignore @Jester Joe for me. its absurd how one person call others doing this and that and then doing EXACTLY what he complains in nearly EVERY post. thats hillarious. never saw such an extreme „my opinion is the only opinion and i try hard as fuck to turn everything endless around, to make my opinion the right one.“

meh. cant read that shit any longer for a second. /ignored.

its a shame for MMOC having such subjects like that as a moderator. this guy is completely unable to moderate anything without being completely subjective tbh. very very VERY ugly ppl that MMOC offers here. meh

oh god, i cant ignore a moderator. time to delete my MMOC account after 10 years. what a shame.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-19 at 06:45 PM.