Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ok, my last reply to you to avoid pointless forum spam... and i will not convince you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes it does, there is no other choice if one is best for entire group.
    No, it is not.
    Any CHOICE is always better than NO CHOICE.
    +90% guilds will use PL and it is fine.

Which in theory is great system except it doesn't account for people greed.
    As raid/guild leader you should decide which you want to use.
    You want join that grp and do not agree with leader? - you are out and find other that uses PL.
    Simple as that.

That is why more people are happy that ML was removed.
    Again.
    You clearly do not understand my statement and are unable to correctly interpret the given statistical data from your links.
    There is NOTHING about people being happy with removing ML.
    These players are happy that their guilds are forced now for the change to PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    No, it is not.
    Any CHOICE is always better than NO CHOICE.
    +90% guilds will use PL and it is fine.
    Thing is, they wont. Because in theory ML is better system.

As raid/guild leader you should decide which you want to use.
    You want join that grp and do not agree with leader? - you are out and find other that uses PL.
    Simple as that.
    Not an option. There wouldn't be any guilds using PL maybe aside from super casual ones that does raids with pugs. There wasn't a single one using PL in legion on my server, even most casual ones used ML.

Again.
    You clearly do not understand my statement and are unable to correctly interpret the given statistical data from your links.
    There is NOTHING about people being happy with removing ML.
    These players are happy that their guilds are forced now for the change to PL.
    But It is there. 77% players were happy WITH THE CHANGE.
    https://i.imgur.com/FjCRtVC.png

So 77% of people that USED ML and switched to PL are happy WITH THE CHANGE.
    So they are happy ML is gone.

I fully understand why. If you had hours long loot drama with people screaming at each other on voice chat you would understand too.
    If you had tons of grievances or complaints from other raiders while being on loot council you would understand it too.

Its one of these rare things where removing choice is actually a good thing.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The great vault is much more controlled rng than just boss loot since its a guaranteed "drop". Granted, its over more bosses with up to three choices, but its an addition to just boss loot, so how can that be more rng than before? Or do you strictly mean you want only gear progression from raid bosses? Dungeon loot was obsolete after 1 month in each expansion from WotLK, up to and including WoD. I doubt this game would do better if that would become reality again.

Personally, I think loot matters more now than it has for some years. And thats a good thing. Remember, the old loot system on bosses is the system Shadowlands use. Your suggestion would make more sense in BfA or Legion were true loot Rng fiesta was in place.

And last, mythic+ and its loot system is a necessity. Without it, WoWs future would look more grim.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-17 at 06:32 PM.

Having a "guarantee" lot is no-less RNG.
    Did you play the game when we had pve/pvp vendors? Crafting gear?

I never said we should get gear from bosses only. But instead of rng chests/vaults, we should have pve/pvp vendors back AND crafting gear too. With proper amount of gem spots, colors, color bonuses and proper amount of "enchantable" items.

also, on topic:
    found this BEAUTIUFL gem!

https://mop-shoot.tauri.hu/?talent

The lore and the story, but I doub't they're capable of doing that. The most unpalatable thing when it comes to WoW at the moment - for me - is the horrendous storytelling and writing. It's really like a cheap Disney movie. It used to be different.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    It looks like you put some thought into this.

Simply put WoW is designed solely for the shareholders, I used to think they made the shareholders happy by making the players happy. Not so much anymore.
    This is absolutely false. Shareholders do not care on nwhit about how one game is made. They only care about the companies health as a whole. Anyone who uses "shareholders" to make an arugment for why WoW is the way it is doesn't know how anything works.

It's all about sales - subs, tokens, mounts, whatever. SL with its current sub base made as much money as WoW did when it had double the players.

So it isn't broken, and therefore doesn't need fixing.
    Also false. The devs absolutely do not think that way.

Maybe if enough people leave then they might think it needs something more than a bandage.

I wish they would fix it, please continue to put your ideas in the official forums.
    His ideas are terrible only only reverting it back toi what he wants without taking any time to understand why the changes were made in the first place. None of that is why the game was popular. GOIng back to it isn't going to make the game popiular again as Classic and TBC have proven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    certainly a possiblity, out fo all upcoming mmos, the lol mmo imo has the most potential to be on top, buut only time wil tell..
    How the fuck is the LOL MMO going to dominate the market? They have 0 MMORPG knowledge, Ghostcrawler was dogshit who created the worst expansion in MMORPG history (Cataclysm) and there is 0 clue what direction they go at.

Their fanbase is at the MOBA scene, not MMORPG scene.

Let's not be silly here shall we?

- - - Updated - - -

So 77% of people that USED ML and switched to PL are happy WITH THE CHANGE.
    So they are happy ML is gone.
    Ye sure let's imagine that those voters are the majority of the wow players.
    Pretty sure those votes are probably 1% of the WoW playerbase. If not less.

This poll means nothing and does not show actual response from the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Having a "guarantee" lot is no-less RNG.
    Did you play the game when we had pve/pvp vendors? Crafting gear?

I never said we should get gear from bosses only. But instead of rng chests/vaults, we should have pve/pvp vendors back AND crafting gear too. With proper amount of gem spots, colors, color bonuses and proper amount of "enchantable" items.

also, on topic:
    found this BEAUTIUFL gem!

https://mop-shoot.tauri.hu/?talent
    Played since 2006.

PvE vendor for progression is boring af and has no real place in a mmorpg game. Its okay for catching up, but should be kept at a minimum.

Crafting gear is cool, and should be back like in TBC.

I am so behind 1 and 2.

But, i am not 3. Please...please, we cannot make that mistake again. Legion was what killed classes.
    Please do not sugest that again.

What we need is to keep expanding classes. We need to go back to the point we were in WoD. Starting over is a recepy for disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Played since 2006.

PvE vendor for progression is boring af and has no real place in a mmorpg game. Its okay for catching up, but should be kept at a minimum.

Sure... popular mechanic at the height of the game must be wrong cause you say so.
    Well, it so happens other MMORPG's have such systems and players like it. How odd.

You want to gamble buddy, you do it on your own time. Vendor does not stop you from gambling if you want. It just gives those that are not gamblers an option to opt out. You don't have to use it.

What is boring af is to run the same content multiple times and not get what you need.
    What is boring af is to finish a mythic+ run and get 35 anima.

Don't you tell me a reward for my effort isn't fun, because it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of one of those pre-Classic "How to fix WoW" threads, with great solutions like removal of flying and LFR.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How the fuck is the LOL MMO going to dominate the market? They have 0 MMORPG knowledge, Ghostcrawler was dogshit who created the worst expansion in MMORPG history (Cataclysm) and there is 0 clue what direction they go at.

- - - Updated - - -

mmo knowledge comes from people. do u think that blizzard had any knowledge before making wow? no ofc not, but their employees did and etc..
    im talking about from a brand point of view, assuming the lol mmo will be good, it will be number one for sure. League of legends is huuuge....

7+ Year Old Account

I wanted to reply to the guy, but then I checked his name and gave up. It's the usual song and dance: "Warhammer Online/The Old Republic/Elder Scrolls will be numero uno, huuuge fanbase, huuuge world" etc.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-26 at 05:49 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Played since 2006.

rng chest/vault is less boring? or more frustrating?

completely agree with crafting tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am so behind 1 and 2.

But, i am not 3. Please...please, we cannot make that mistake again. Legion was what killed classes.
    Please do not sugest that again.

What we need is to keep expanding classes. We need to go back to the point we were in WoD. Starting over is a recepy for disaster.
    Sorry if you misunderstood me mate, but that was exactly my point.

Legion OBLITERATED classes with homogenizing all DPS specs into "gainer> spender" philosophy.

I would go step further and revert classes back to MOP level. And start from there. Because I believe that WOD also ruined ele shamans, shadow priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

What is boring af is to run the same content multiple times and not get what you need.
    What is boring af is to finish a mythic+ run and get 35 anima.

Don't you tell me a reward for my effort isn't fun, because it is.
    Amen. Spot on.

Personally I would as always attempt to change teh core mechanics of flying in such a way that the mode of transport can offer gameplay and not just take it away.
    There are several games where actually being able to fly is inherently fun because the way it is made means being good at it in turn allows you to use it for more interesting things. Whereas in WoW the skill ceiling of flying amounts of knowing that you can press both left and right mouse key to move more fluidly.

The debate on flying is slowly atrophying the game, because content ends up being separated into one part where it matters, and one part where it doesnt, and the only real reason to do this seems to be that players endlessly complain if they cannot skip straight to whatever. This in turn means the game cannot really ever have content work the same in old content, since the addition of flying is detrimental to open world gameplay.

A revamp to flying as a whole could not just make for a neat addition to gameplay opportunities, both constructed and player made, but also finally give a compromise solution that both camps could be happy with. Pro-flying getting to skip ground content, and pro-gameplay not having to see content be made irrelevant by Blizzard deliberately adding a mode of transport that trumps all others.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This reminds me of one of those pre-Classic "How to fix WoW" threads, with great solutions like removal of flying and LFR.
    After ASTOUNDING success of TBC Classic we should put here "let's simplify progression max level system to just gearing, that will keep people playing".

rng chest/vault is less boring? or more frustrating?

completely agree with crafting tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if you misunderstood me mate, but that was exactly my point.

Legion OBLITERATED classes with homogenizing all DPS specs into "gainer> spender" philosophy.

I would go step further and revert classes back to MOP level. And start from there. Because I believe that WOD also ruined ele shamans, shadow priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Amen. Spot on.
    Ah fair enough. Sorry if i misinterpreted.

Yes, we need to build from where we are and expand.

3. CLASS DESIGN(S)!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, PLEASE... DO SOME SERIOUS CLASS REDESIGN!
    Do you remember what you guys said before Legions release? That you want to "completely overhaul" all classes every 2 expansion so they may not feel "old/stall".
    Well, that's what you made happen. How many classes have changed fundamentally since Legion? Non.
    Instead, they were just gutted completely with countless systems, sub-systems and borrowed powers.
    **GET RID OF GAINER> SPENDER CLASS-DESIGN PHYLOSPHY!!!**
    Holy power/maelstrom/combo points/runes..... it's all just gainer> spender.
    All DPS classes are being designed to have 2-3 "gainer" abilities and 1-2 "spender" abilities.

Lets hope we will have fun again playing our favorite game!
    As someone who really enjoys their combo-point based class and specs, hard stop no. I don't want to button spam that's not my playstyle. I enjoy a methodical playstyle/pulling energy.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    As someone who really enjoys their combo-point based class and specs, hard stop no. I don't want to button spam that's not my playstyle. I enjoy a methodical playstyle/pulling energy.

I'm not saying we should abolish it. Not at all. But having 3x rogue spec, feral spec, 2x warr spec which is ALMOST IDENTICAL....- then I think we really don't need to have combo point ele/ret/sp/affli/destro/demo.............

having a ROTATION-BASED dps spec (yours "button spam") can be extremely more engaging/harder to play in certain situations than gainer>spender type of specs.

Aka when you have to move a lot, do certain mechanics/tasks... even pvp.... it's 10x harder to maintain proper rotation than to simply add "pause" to your rotation while you move/use defensive/class utility spell and then continue your gainer> spender 1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2...
    Last edited by Palapop; 2021-09-26 at 11:06 PM.

Read the whole article, there is info on the source and votes. Sample size with this much variance is enough.

Also lol @ comparing warrior to rogue.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What most people and blizzard dont understand is that deterministic gearing and RNG can co-exist in the game. JP/VP was earlierly there to offer bad luck protection. Example if you had shitty luck and a piece for a spesific slot wouldnt drop you could buy the less optimal but still an upgrade. That worked because we had armor sets with bonuses.