Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    WoW is the only game that lore is divided between books and the game

People need to buy books to understand the lore of the game LMAO Thats why everyone play the game and says that lore is trash or is confusing, because the other half of history is released in books
    Warhammer has entered the chat....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    If magic is never allowed then casters would have a 100% lose rate against melee fighters. Good luck mage we just took away 99.9999% of your arsenal, have fun beating on a prot warrior used to taking beatings that would shatter your bones while yawning.
    That was the whole point. Brute further and physical strength were overvalued as fuck and if you were a shaman, nobody would challenge you, because it would not be honorable to do so. On the other side, if somebody challenged you, it meant there was a very good reason for it and deserved your ass to be beaten. It was crude logic, but it had a concept behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Warcraft™ is a story about The Jailer's minions pretending to fight each other.
    That everything ended up boiling down to that phrase is the biggest disappointment of all of Shadowlands, a bland, totally uninteresting villain, and then they pull the “Oh yeah, he was behind every-damn-thing that ever happened all along!” card on him…

--- snip ---
    "Well imagine the meme in which Japan attacked Port Harbor and that is why the US joins the war and makes Germany finally lose."

The current Lore is something like that.

Sylvanas is Japanese. Thanos is Germany and Azeroth is the US.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-09-22 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Warcraft™ is a story about The Jailer's minions pretending to fight each other.
    This, so much this. The bunch of hacks in charge of the story have managed to butcher the Human and Scourge campaigns of WC3 RoC, some of the best parts in the entire franchise.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-09-23 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Retcons: if such a damn thing needs to be done then whoever is doing the writing is doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-09-23 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    My personal favorite is necromancy in Shadowlands, even though its inhabitants are supposed to be gone for good once they die there again.
    While Shadowlands is a confusing place for sure, Maldraxxus is the worst offender and I just can't wrap my ahead around it.
    "So I get a second chance at conscience thinking and existence, better waste it on huge brawl in some arena asap". Or did I miss some lore explaining that either Maldraxxians do not die when they die in death or they just actually don't tive a shit?

And my absolute biggest gripe is that even if you are a diehard light fanboy and died in it's name you can still end up in Maldraxxus like Morgraine and forced to look at rotting corpses similar to the ones that destroyed your homeland and basically was a reason for your death in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Warferno View Post
    While Shadowlands is a confusing place for sure, Maldraxxus is the worst offender and I just can't wrap my ahead around it.
    "So I get a second chance at conscience thinking and existence, better waste it on huge brawl in some arena asap". Or did I miss some lore explaining that either Maldraxxians do not die when they die in death or they just actually don't tive a shit?

And my absolute biggest gripe is that even if you are a diehard light fanboy and died in it's name you can still end up in Maldraxxus like Morgraine and forced to look at rotting corpses similar to the ones that destroyed your homeland and basically was a reason for your death in the first place.
    Maldraxxus seems to have some ability to retain slain people. Its why they have abominations and stuff. I think there's also a quest involving defeated combatants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything after Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Maldraxxus seems to have some ability to retain slain people. Its why they have abominations and stuff. I think there's also a quest involving defeated combatants.
    Yeah, Maldraxxus abominations are basically mecha with souls as the pilots. It's not clear (or at least made apparent) if the soul can leave or enter freely but I do remember a line in the House of Constructs storyline mentioning the Margrave removing souls from abominations and using them for something else. There's also the whole Stitchmasters thing, where you make bodies for free souls to enter. Emeni is a Sethrak soul's current body, etc. Definitely seems that if you die in Maldraxxus you just kind hang around until you get a new body. Then again there are plenty of examples of characters dying or being dead...