Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, did they redo all the art assets or whys does this cost 40+ bucks?
    They did and skills and animations, too. It looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They did and skills and animations, too. It looks pretty good.
    Ah okay, then the price can be somewhat justified.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

THPS 3+4 died for this sin.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    The storage improvements are a legit quality upgrade but I definitely understand the loss of trust in Blizzard. Im more worried about greedy fat goblins like Bobby "nodick" Kotick ruining the game with his short term cash grab mentality.
    very well said /serious

- - - Updated - - -

wait what ?
    they wanna 40 bugs for it ?
    for just some remastering of their old stuff, created in a time when that company not sucked ?
    to just recycle old stuff and sell it again ?
    40 bugs ?
    serious ?

muhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-14 at 05:48 AM.

What's new in this cinematic trailer compared to the original?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    What's new in this cinematic trailer compared to the original?
    Nothing. Just the updated graphics.

vicarious visions made a pretty good job.

While i liked the beta, and i am a huge diablo fan myself, and liked most of what was shown, i cant understand lazy stuff like the ultrawide drama (And i dont even have an ultrawide screen. But come on...), the console fiasco, the "not fixing bugs to stick to the original feel" (Some of those weren't even there most of the diablo 2 lifespan, come on... wtf), and knowing perfectly they wont ballance the game or add extra QoL or fix stuff. It shows how much they changed and makes me sad. And how can they be this lazy to not even consider fixing the "next hit always miss bug". Or not even consider compensating some classes that got overnerfed in 1.10 so the game is more than 2 classes in the end (Like it used to be before...).

And i don't even want/need brand new stuff, just fixing and polishing. Isn't that the point of remasters? Now its like just a new paint coat and who cares if the house under it is in flames.

I really want the game because its diablo 2 and even now i keep playing it. And i know i'll get it eventually. But at the same time i don't trust Blizzard, and i know what is released in the 23rd will be all we are getting besides some gamebreaking bugs that they'll have to fix. It makes me really sad because you can clearly see the team in charge of this remaster cared a lot and could be the breath of fresh air this franchise needed but as always, they need to make their cuts for their investors and will probably stay as a beautiful fast cashgrab.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    very well said /serious

- - - Updated - - -

wait what ?
    they wanna 40 bugs for it ?
    for just some remastering of their old stuff, created in a time when that company not sucked ?
    to just recycle old stuff and sell it again ?
    40 bugs ?
    serious ?

muhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    well if people put up with bethesda re-releasing skyrim 11 times (literaly) why not this?

So - why did they change the nationalities and aesthetics for the characters, if they were just going to remaster things? The barbarian just kind of looks like an angry dad, and the amazon graphics don't seem to hold to the original - I'd have thought the Wonder Woman amazons would serve as templates in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    They didn’t change Tyraels VA from the original D2, but in D3 they did get someone else.
    It sounded a bit protoss-y

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Don't care...I've been done with Blizzard since 2018.

Yet you still post crap here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    No widescreen support, no thanks.
    reading is hard
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

I'm sure that Vicarious Visions is doing a good job with this game but I just can't get myself hyped for it. After all the shit Blizzard pulled both with their games and everything that happens inside the studio, its hard to rate them above Activision and EA these days. And to think that these cinematics could have been updated just as well in WC3: Reforged makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by KYH View Post
    reading is hard
    Oh? Educate me then please. I'm going to assume I missed something, so please, share with me what I misread. I could very well be mistaken, but I could've sworn I read that the game client will not render the images to the full size of my monitor. Is that not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Oh? Educate me then please. I'm going to assume I missed something, so please, share with me what I misread. I could very well be mistaken, but I could've sworn I read that the game client will not render the images to the full size of my monitor. Is that not correct?
    Try to not give attention to the shill army, paid for by the company that can only make money off much smarter people that have already left the company. You are correct about Wide screens not being included is simply unacceptable for a triple A company and it shows how lazy they are becoming in game development.