"Miracles" you've experienced

One of my two parakeets got out of the cage and flew away. Next day, he came back. It wasn't Christmas, but it's the only thing I can describe as a miracle.

Anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you asking for religious experiences, or just things that are unlikely to happen? Like, say, winning a lottery or a wayward pet coming back, because it's getting hungry and scared in a strange world, where it doesn't know wtf it's supposed to do?
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-14 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    As asked before, keep these in the appropriate forum.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Sometimes I'm arrogant to think the gods (or local spirits...what have you) have taken a hand in my person. My life seems at times a miracle...and at times a source of amusement to some grim power.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're probably talking about lucky or rare events, coincidences, or currently unexplained experiences.

A miracle is a supernatural event. Your bird flying back doesn't violate the laws of physics, so it's not a miracle. There can't ever be a miracle.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-14 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You're probably talking about lucky or rare events, coincidences, or currently unexplained experiences.

A miracle is a supernatural event. Your bird flying back doesn't violate the laws of physics, so it's not a miracle. There can't ever be a miracle.

Or... You can just answer the question he posed. If you had nothing to answer based on the topic then there was no point for you posting in this thread.

Actually for the topic, a miracle I've experienced was no alienating a lot of my friends or people in immediate social circles during the last 4 years of American presidency politics.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-14 at 05:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Or... You can just answer the question he posed. If you had nothing to answer based on the topic then there was no point for you posting in this thread.
    I've never experienced a miracle...
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-14 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never experienced a miracle...

Then don't post in a thread that's clearly not addressed to you as somebody who can't comment on it. Better yet, just post "I've never experienced a miracle" instead of a bunch of nonsense trying to convince any that they don't supposedly exist. If the topic was "do miracles exist?" then you'd be right at home.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-14 at 04:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then don't post in a thread that's clearly not addressed to you as somebody who can't comment on it. Better yet, just post "I've never experienced a miracle" instead of a bunch of nonsense trying to convince any that they don't supposedly exist. If the topic was "do miracles exist?" then you'd be right at home.
    Who is going to stop me? I'm not breaking any rules. Most people actually do believe in miracles and the rest of us should be allowed to comment on it as long as we're not directing insults at anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is going to stop me? I'm not breaking any rules. Most people actually do believe in miracles and the rest of us should be allowed to comment on it as long as we're not directing insults at anyone.

If skirting around rules in order to post something that attempts to derail the topic, or outright end discussion of the topic, while defending yourself with the claim that you are actually posting genuinely is something that "needs to be stopped" it won't be up to me. The fact that you even resorted to that notion is more telling of your acknowledgement of what I'm actually accusing you of.

I said you are posting a comment that isn't about the topic. The topic isn't "do you believe miracles exist?" and yet you are trying making it about that.... even further trying to make an argument of a point that was not even made to begin with.

OP didn't ask for an explanation or clarification of an event he experienced. He also didn't ask for a definition of what the word is. His question was pretty clear. Why isn't it to you?
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-14 at 05:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If skirting around rules in order to post something that attempts to derail the topic, or outright end discussion of the topic, while defending yourself with the claim that you are actually posting genuinely is something that "needs to be stopped" it won't be up to me. The fact that you even resorted to that notion is more telling of your acknowledgement of what I'm actually accusing you of.

I said you are posting a comment that isn't about the topic. The topic isn't "do you believe miracles exist?" and yet you are trying making it about that.... even further trying to make an argument of a point that was not even made to begin with.

OP didn't ask for an explanation or clarification of an event he experienced. He also didn't ask for a definition of what the word is. His question was pretty clear. Why isn't it to you?
    Okay bud, as long as people know we're just talking about coincidental, lucky, or rare incidents and not "miracles" then it's all good.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-15 at 01:36 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Back to the topic at hand... I can't say I've ever experienced anything I'd consider a "miracle". I've gotten lucky a number of times in my life when I needed it, but never to the point where the only explanation I can have is some supernatural or magical force.

Literally every single time someone's called something a "miracle" in my presence, it's been explainable by modern medicine, physics or behaviour.

However, the closest thing that felt like a miracle was when my hamster escaped his cage. We had the balcony door open and he could've taken many routes and we wouldn't have noticed him slipping outside. But he went the route IN FRONT of the couch, instead of behind or under it. So I saw and caught him before he could slip out.

Felt like a miracle, but was just dumb luck. Can't trust it again, so the cage's been secured accordingly.

Passing a brick without a tear.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was able to stop the rain.

Not sure if this qualifies - but when I was 15 I fell off a roof 2 and a half stories up, (approx. 30-35ft according to ambulance) I landed on a pile of bricks on my back and head. I was covered in blood, all scratched up and generally pretty beat up.

I remember the ER doctor saying it's a miracle I'm alive, let alone completely unscathed other than a couple of cuts. No broken bones, no paralysis, no major scars (couple of small ones on my back).

Fun fact, I stubbed my toe a month later and broke it.