Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Center is the way to go, extremist right/left are just a various forms of cancer. It's just people who just want to smash things.

I absolutely prefer mixing some of the left's ideas about social and medical security, abortions and equality with some of the right's ideas about liberal economy, free markets, meritocracy and state building.

It's really better when everything is in balance and then slowly over time with consensus it can go either way, without trying to uproot and destroy everything overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all waves there as usual as far as I can see, constant back and forth. It's just that in the last decade, you bois, managed to make things crazy edgy. I really think people in US need to take a chill pill and banish shit like Bernie Bros or whatever hard right icons are there like Proud Boys and shit like that. They just poison what otherwise could be a constructive relationship.

A person or a movement who is just left or just right is not the enemy of the people. I really think that overall in every functioning country there is a strong centrist core that is driven by sensible needs and desires and ready to work with either side as long as it's not too cray cray looking to uproot and smash everything.
    Bernie are far left now? Damn, you hard right folk really have a fucked definition of what is left-wing.

The real far left in the US dislike Sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because LePen, as it stands now, is not "far right" aka fascist, xenophobe, etc... Sure, a part of her voting base is but her program is far from that.
    Denial does not make any less true.

Netherlands has the PVV, JA21 and FvD(Baudet is as mask-off as they come, nobody in europe comes close), Belgium has Vlaams Belang, Italy also has a bunch including Mussolini's granddaugther, Sweden with the Sweden Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Bernie are far left now? Damn, you hard right folk really have a fucked definition of what is left-wing.

The real far left in the US dislike Sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Denial does not make any less true.

Netherlands has the PVV, JA21 and FvD(Baudet is as mask-off as they come, nobody in europe comes close), Belgium has Vlaams Belang, Italy also has a bunch including Mussolini's granddaugther, Sweden with the Sweden Democrats.
    Sure, it just shows you have no clue about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, it just shows you have no clue about this
    Nah, just shows you're so conservative you can't even see how conservative you are. Le Pen being far right is a common view in Europe. When you put the natives of your country over the rest, its clear where you stand.

I have no problems as seeing myself as far left.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-09-15 at 11:34 AM.

Nah, just shows you're so conservative you can't even see how conservative you are. Le Pen being far right is a common view in Europe.

I have no problems as seeing myself as far left.
    Her father was clearly, but she has done a "great" job at making her party not as far right as it was. We can give her that. A big part of her voting base is still far right but she is not or at least no longer.

Obviously, you are so far left that everything on your right looks conservative (not that being conservative is a bad thing per se).

10+ Year Old Account
    Her father was clearly, but she has done a "great" job at making her party not as far right as it was. We can give her that. A big part of her voting base is still far right but she is not or at least no longer.

Obviously, you are so far left that everything on your right looks conservative (not that being conservative is a bad thing per se).
    She should change her racist policies before she tries to get rid of the far right label, not that Americans have any idea how the European far right works or its popularity.

She should change her racist policies before she tries to get rid of the far right label, not that Americans have any idea how the European far right works or its popularity.
    Can you name a few of those "racist" policies ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you name a few of those "racist" policies ?
    Putting France natives first is an very easy one.

I don't really care that she knows how to play the PR game better than her dad, not to mention you still got the dozens of other far right European parties. Americans truly have no idea how racist Europeans can be, and the east is even worse with the likes of Orban.

Putting France natives first is an very easy one.
    How is that racist or even bad ? I mean, pretty much every country does it and obivously you would not get elected anywhere if you said "stangers first !".

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that racist or even bad ? I mean, pretty much every country does it and obivously you would not get elected anywhere if you said "stangers first !".
    Not being a native does not mean you're a stranger.

Not being a native does not mean you're a stranger.
    Oh, you are speaking about legal immigrant. Sure, it is best to take care about everyone that is here legally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you are speaking about legal immigrant. Sure, it is best to take care about everyone that is here legally.
    And she puts natives above even the kids, grandkids and grand-grandkids of immigrants, so yeah.

And she puts natives above even the kids, grandkids and grand-grandkids of immigrants, so yeah.
    I'd say it is more those that do not go with native or french tradition and prefer to go with the tradition from where their grand fathers came.

A big part of her voting base is still far right but she is not or at least no longer.
    Marine Le Pen is not a fascist, just like Richard Spencer and Steve Bannon aren't Nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say it is more those that do not go with native or french tradition and prefer to go with the tradition from where their grand fathers came.
    Allow me to translate.

"I'm not a racist xenophobe. I just hate French people of Jewish, Black, Arab, Roma and Eastern European descent."

#totallynotanazi

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care that she knows how to play the PR game better than her dad, not to mention you still got the dozens of other far right European parties. Americans truly have no idea how racist Europeans can be, and the east is even worse with the likes of Orban.
    There's no meaningful ideological difference between Orban and the likes of Le Pen. All Orban has over Le Pen and ilk is that he's actually running a country and due to that he has outsized influence on EU wide politics, making him the institutional mouthpiece of far right movements across the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Marine Le Pen is not a fascist, just like Richard Spencer and Steve Bannon aren't Nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

Allow me to translate.

"I'm not a racist xenophobe. I just hate French people of Jewish, Black, Arab, Roma and Eastern European descent."

#totallynotanazi
    Can you make more hyperbole please ? It is fun to watch. You just can't stand people having different opinions.

Can you make more hyperbole please ? It is fun to watch. You just can't stand people having different opinions.
    Guy says "Stop calling me a Nazi!" while waving a swastika flag.

Bruh. Is this 2016 again?

Guy says "Stop calling me a Nazi!" while waving a swastika flag.

Bruh. Is this 2016 again?
    So far left that anything on the right looks far right, hey ?

So far left that anything on the right looks far right, hey ?
    It's Marine fucking Le Pen. She didn't fucking pop out of the woodwork yesterday. Just because in the past couple of fucking years she tried to whitewash National Front a la Steve Bannon school of rebranding, it doesn't fucking mean she doesn't fucking have a 20+ year political track record for fuck sake. Not everyone is a fucking goldfish.

It's Marine fucking Le Pen. She didn't fucking pop out of the woodwork yesterday. Just because in the past couple of fucking years she tried to whitewash National Front a la Steve Bannon school of rebranding, it doesn't fucking mean she doesn't fucking have a 20+ year political track record for fuck sake. Not everyone is a fucking goldfish.
    And here I thought only acts mattered ? Currently, her party is not as far right as it was, at least, its political program. Not That I would vote for her anyway.

And here I thought only acts mattered ? Currently, her party is not as far right as it was, at least, its political program. Not That I would vote for her anyway.
    That's like saying, the NASDP wasn't soooo far on the right....if you ignore the death camps and only focus on the efforts for job creation for the German people...oh yeah and look at all those animal rights and environmental protection regulations...positively Green! Just ignore the anti-semitism and the racism.

You seem to be a big fan of someone you'd never vote for.

That's like saying, the NASDP wasn't soooo far on the right....if you ignore the death camps and only focus on the efforts for job creation for the German people...oh yeah and look at all those animal rights and environmental protection regulations...positively Green! Just ignore the anti-semitism and the racism.

You seem to be a big fan of someone you'd never vote for.
    A bit more and you will godwin the thread.